Is M5 scalping dead?

Re: Is M5 scalping dead?

Ya,i think all TF work the same if we understand how the market moves...

1 tick ,10 sec,1 min 5min or the rest..only different is the noise..

Different is also the frequency of the trade..

For scalping ,yes i think still favorite for majority.

rock :-bd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any kind of time frame is possible to make money

But the smaller the time frame,the higher the skill level is required however the bigger the time frame the more buffer you need to have in your capital account.

Most successful traders will trade off the daily chart but that's because they have a lot of money and they can afford to just ride on the daily. But most small retailers resort to trading 5 min because they want fast profit.

1 advice that i can give to people is when you are trading on 5 minute you should look at the 30min chart as well,if they are both showing the same buy signal,it gives a greater credibility to taking the trade.

End of the day what you should be trying to do is not trading super frequently but only trading when the odds are lined up for you to make profit.

I think if you are really scalping, the time frame does not matter. What matters, is your strategy. Faster timeframe = higher resolution. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am now developing a M5 based strategy based on using linear regression to find local extremes in this time frame, with pretty good preliminary results. M5 works better than M15, just because there are more info for my system.

In any case, you can still confirm your M5 based signals based by other information from slower timeframes, like H1 (I experiment with this too).

I think if you are really scalping, the time frame does not matter. What matters, is your strategy. Faster timeframe = higher resolution. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am now developing a M5 based strategy based on using linear regression to find local extremes in this time frame, with pretty good preliminary results. M5 works better than M15, just because there are more info for my system.

In any case, you can still confirm your M5 based signals based by other information from slower timeframes, like H1 (I experiment with this too).

Please carloss when your scalping system is ready for trading,will you share it with us in here?Thanks!

I (at the moment) have a preference for M5 scalping, but only with S&R lines and Fibs as I have found it difficult to trade with indicators at the M5 time frame. But I have only been involved in trading for about 8 months and am therefore pretty much an amateur.

If you summerize the possible profit for swing trades on different time frames you will find that the 5M and 15M charts provide the most profit which is very tempting. On the other side the 5M chart has a lot of noise (false signals).

The pro's and con's of 5min chart og what i believe.

Pros:

a. Small range of pips compared to higher timeframes, therefore lower risks in stoploss and also lower rewards in targets.

b. Great for people who dont have time and want to make some pips when they can be free on the screen.

c. Great for news traders who just want to gain on the newsbreak movements.

d. great for scalping

e. great for people who just want to trade an hour or 2 during the high volatility periods like the open of Frankfurt, london and USA sessions.

f. Minimalistic exposure in market.

Cons:

a. The data on 5min may be too short to be considered as reliable.

b. More fakeouts with indicators.

c. May be too fast to actually know when major banks and investors might invest in the market.

d. 5min chart movements could also merely just be the volumes of money being invested in the market over the period of the day.

e. risk of overtrading.

f. low range compared to higher timeframes, hence scope to earn pips is lower than a daily/weekly chart.

hope this helps :)

I think M5 or even M1 scalping have possibilities, we should just find the right setup and strategy as well as we should breath together with the market ;)

Since some members asked for it, here is the link to the template and indicators that I took the screenshot from.

h**p://[email protected]/file/128928932/e0ddde6e/Ch_ATR_MIR_Trix_2.html

Enjoy! ;)

hmm 5 menit.. belom mati .. masih hidup koq..

na..na..na.. ini gambarnya..... >:) ... tak gendong.. kemana-mana.. asyik to, mantep to.. (mengenang Alm.Mbah Surip)... hayooo.. :D haaaa...haaaaa... haaaaa ,...i love you pull....... lagi ngece sama group band the cemploners nih.. =))

Gmn mbah kardel.. :)) ayo dong keluarin jurus saktinya yang kmaren.. hahahaha...yang blue eyes.. sekalian ngece aja..untuk grup band The Cemploners.. hua..hahahaha.. (gojek wae..)..

ini spike ..speki....... =))

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3219/asefc.gif

SEFC Mode= Red light ...(off) ..

"Indonesia Forex Community"

Hi,

I agree that scalping is possible. However, it needs solid focus and concentration to what you are doing.

One also need to control one's Fear and Greed emotions. Also, have a discipline to follow your system.

I suppose this is why people tend to go for an EA, as it is automatic, which cuts out the emotions. But then, with EA, you have the other side to contend with (i.e. with the brokers), who are hunting the stops.

So, how can you profit from the scalping?

You also need the confidence in the method that you are adopting to scalp.

Regards.