Commercially available trading system performance.

Hi Friends If any body have experience of using any commercially available trading system and currently using for his/her own real account and have positive feed back please post here

in this way other can also take benefit rather buying and testing which take long time.

1) name of system

2) Vendor

3) Cost

4) Statistics of system ( DD, WinRate etc.)

You should develop your own trading systems and do your own robustness methods and validation. I would never trade other people trading systems. That doesnt mean that i cant incorporate some ideas from other people

Good point, but how do I figure out how to develop my own robustness methods etc? It seems overwhleming.

No one would sell a profitable system. Even if they do, It's a barebones setup without the tweaks and optimizations required to make it profitable. I made my first profitable system after weeks of backtesting different markets and forward testing for months. It's a breakout system, alpha comes from position sizing.

My suggestion is to take ideas from books, blogs, courses which match your trading style and psychology and modify them for the markets you trade.

Simple trade setups are better (1-2 conditions) and always remember 'Whatever is common knowledge wont make money...whatever makes money wont be common knowledge'.

No one would sell a profitable system. Even if they do, It's a barebones setup without the tweaks and optimizations required to make it profitable. I made my first profitable system after weeks of backtesting different markets and forward testing for months. It's a breakout system, alpha comes from position sizing.

My suggestion is to take ideas from books, blogs, courses which match your trading style and psychology and modify them for the markets you trade.

Simple trade setups are better (1-2 conditions) and always remember 'Whatever is common knowledge wont make money...whatever makes money wont be common knowledge'.

Well said...

As Beast said. Position sizing.

Take the worst system out of all the ones you purchased and religiously apply sound position sizing techniques as an overlay to your existing bad system. You should see either it making money (all be it very slowly) or it will lose money much more slowly than before.

Now you have the foundational structure in place and some confidence that you turned around what you thought was a pretty poor system.

You can then apply the same principles to a better system for much better results.

This book should get you started.

Van Tharp's Definitive Guide To Position Sizing (2008) or (2013) new edition I have not read yet.

If you can't find it I have posted a request for the new edition.

Position sizing cannot turn a losing strategy into a winner, though. Even Van Tharp says that.

I can see it reducing the degree of destruction though.

Right. It was more of a confidence building excercise, hence why I suggested they try what they thought was a pretty poor system, of course we don't really know if it is poor, reasonable or even a good system until its been through the mill with the right MM overlay.

Would it not be nice to discover that a way of making money you long thought of as a lost cause was in fact a respectable winner had money management been applied earlier.

My system is not entirely mechanical, I don't take intraday trades against my swing setup's position, this increased my accuracy. One more thing I found very helpful is performing manual backtests, seeing your strategy play out, bar by bar through thousands of unique situations helps in finding its constraints and building confidence. Yes, it's time consuming but will give you much greater insights than just raw backtest data.

It took me quite some time (actually years) to find 2 systems that works very well in any market.

1st is holy grail, take 1-3 months to understand and learn rules, and then practice to master depend on person to person (3 yrs) in total m using it.. totally manual, with plain price charts.

2. Is indicator based need to learn some technicalities and it works great.

Combining both is more powerful and majestic. Now m working as full time trader.

Interested to learn.. contact telegram @Wave_God

Edited by wave rider
Grammatical correction