SLOMAN Theory

Shenong

The title made me smile. I guess ocean is mostly Jims work. The whole scene seem to had vaporize after his death, a great shame really.

I wonder what happened to the trader Pat Raffalovich who coded ocean theory with Jim. Apart from a few unqualified references online he seems to have disappeared.

Why some of Jims work caries on through the delta society and wells wilder, I think Ocean theory has to be Jims magnum opus (that I know of)

It would be great to get hold of the Full Ocean Theory Master Indicators (BTX, STX with shaddow, Component4Line etc.) The ocean plus package does not seem to contain the full STX with shadow or the component4line

We will have to get a group of people playing around with it to find the full potential.

moomic999,

you have seen the activities for MT from mladen ?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179737

Sixer

Sixer,

yes thanks. I saw mladen's work some years back. Hats off to him for his skill in adapting some of the indicators to mt4. I went through the thread and quite a few of the ocean indicators appear to be missing. no sign of the BTX or STX either. A few of the indicators there have taken a life on of their own.

If anyone trades with on knows of someone still practicing Ocean Theory to its full extent then please contact me. In only 3 years since Jim left us finding material on Jims work is like trying to find the lost chapters of WD Gann from the 1930s.

Here is a list of the main Ocean Master / Ocean Professional indicators:

BTX 1-line. This is a self-adaptive non-directional trend indicator which measures the basic energy of a market.

BTX 2-line. This is the indispensable self-adaptive directional indicator, which measures bullish and bearish energy separately.

Chart: Triple STX with Shadow. "Three flavors" of the STX, the famous "internal-negotiation" stop indicator with a million calculations per bar.

Component 4-Line. Based on STX technology, the interactions of these four lines reveal a market's intentions with diamond-like clarity.

STX#7 with SDs. This indicator has the primary task of calling temporary tops and bottoms in non-trending sideways markets.

NST/NDX boundeds standard. These are naturally self-adaptive versions of stochastic and RSI indicators.

NST/NDX boundeds custom. This is a different version of the "rainbow" NST/NDX indicators, disclosing alternative "compressions".

NMA band excursion. Among other tasks, this indicator is gifted in revealing tops and bottoms of unusual significance.

+++

Shenong,

yeah theres tons of fragmented info all over the place some on this board and some on other sites. Its an excellent idea to have this Sloman Theory thread to discuss Jim's work in general.

The Delta Phenomenon

Adams Theory of Markets

Ocean Theory

I am trying to find the full ocean theory master indicators which may or may not have been leaked yet.

how we can get that NMC?

sixer updated the ocean plus package in the other thread http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/15186-Tell-me-what-you-want-from-www-ewef-net?p=447707&viewfull=1#post447707

this is for tradestation. If you want the metatrader mq4 you might be able to find it at mql5.com site as mentioned above further up this thread

Hi @moomik999,

You can find several OCN-NMC indicators in my folder here:

A year ago I collected many OCN MT4 indicators. If anybody is searching one I may have it. Will be glad to share.

Ron

ylidor thats an interesting collection. Am I right in thinking these are some of the modified versions from mladen? on https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179737

I wonder what Sloman would be doing if he was still alive? What traditional indicators would he adapt to work with Ocean Theory and what would he discover.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I only have the Tradestation code for Ocean+, not Ocean Pro:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/z1w15t

Sixer

Sixer a gentleman as always :)

Thanks I have this version but a great post for anyone who dont have it already.

The Ocean Professional version has evaded us for 8 or 9 years now since it's release.

Whoever has it is not leaking it - does that mean they are useful in the right hands.

Slim Sloman died already and his website was deleted. Prehaps he took the Pro version in his grave.

Sixer

How is sad! No wonder, his stuff stops there.

Thanks for your info, Mr. Sixer.

PS. I think Mr. Pat Raffalovich who programed his method from A to Z. He might be know about the Pro version. He was Vice President, Senior Strategist, and Manager of Technical Research at Sextant Capital Management Inc.

Edited by tradershare

How is sad! No wonder, his stuff stops there.

Thanks for your info, Mr. Sixer.

PS. I think Mr. Pat Raffalovich who programed his method from A to Z. He might be know about the Pro version. He was Vice President, Senior Strategist, and Manager of Technical Research at Sextant Capital Management Inc.

Tradershare,

The Ocean Pro or Ocean Master indicators as they are known were already released by the end of November 2010, We know that by some of the video release dates. Jim Sloman passed away in 2015. Even before that period you would have had existing Ocean customers who would have got a chance to test or buy the ocean master indicators so we can safely say that the indicators were in customer hands a good 5 years before he died and the website was shut down.

Traders of Jim Sloman's pedigree don't usually have their operations shut down even after their death - That's why i find this case so interesting. Did it suit some people perfectly to just shut it all down...

Ok He was not W.D.Gann but, look at the canon of work Jim Sloman is responsible for. That puts him in the same league somewhere down the line depending on your opinion.

I tried to find Pat Raffalovich without luck. He would be about the same age maybe 5 years younger at a guess.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=27673962&privcapId=27673867

Something does not add up.

Edited by moomic999