Cruscotto Indicator

iqofgenius

This indicator looks great, but it freezes my Mt4.

Have tried for hours, but the only solution is to shut down Mt4.

Hi fxeasy,

In the video, the author says if you use a broker that doesn't have Gold or Oil, that you MUST change the indicator setting where it says commodities to false. Otherwise it won't work. Also, he mentions that the first time you use the indicator, it will take a while to load. Also, if you have a new metatrader4 platform, you may need to download 1 minute historical data for all the pairs that the calculations are based on (and that's a lot of pairs; 20 pairs + the 2 optional commodities; the exact pairs are mentioned in the PDF according to the author). Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,

Jim (Diesel10)

PS just reading the pdf manual and author says if you don't have even one of the 20 pairs, the indicator won't work...

Edited by Diesel 10

I am sad to report that this indicator screwed up my Metatrader4! It started over the weekend but was giving some zeros on Monthly reading so following the directions, I stayed up til 2am download the data for all the symbols! Then tonight when I started my Metatrader, it started on the window with this indicator but then got message "Not Responding" beforfe it finished starting !

I have many good charts and custom indicators in this Metatrader4 that I can not recreate. PLEASE if someone could tell me how to delete this particular chart page (and then I will delete the Cruscotto indicator) so it doesn't try to start on and load this page. Otherwise I fear I will loose all my charts! Please help!!!

Too bad because this indicator looked awesome!

I am sad to report that this indicator screwed up my Metatrader4! It started over the weekend but was giving some zeros on Monthly reading so following the directions, I stayed up til 2am download the data for all the symbols! Then tonight when I started my Metatrader, it started on the window with this indicator but then got message "Not Responding" beforfe it finished starting !

I have many good charts and custom indicators in this Metatrader4 that I can not recreate. PLEASE if someone could tell me how to delete this particular chart page (and then I will delete the Cruscotto indicator) so it doesn't try to start on and load this page. Otherwise I fear I will loose all my charts! Please help!!!

Go into your metatrader program folder whilst offline and delete the following:

experts\indicators:

Cruscotto_v1_Horizontal.ex4

Cruscotto_v1_Squared.ex4

Cruscotto_v1_Vertical.ex4

templates folder;

Cruscotto_v1_Horizontal.tpl

Cruscotto_v1_Squared.tpl

Cruscotto_v1_Vertical.tpl

config folder;

experts.ini

N.B

BEFORE DELETING the above cruscotto files take a copy of the templates and indicators that you wish to save.

After you have a copy of the templates and indicators you want to keep, if deleting the above cruscotto files doesnt fix the problem...just simply reinstall mt4 and copy your templates and indis that you saved back

Hope this helps

Player

Edited by player

sorry to hear that it screwed your mt4. i put mine in a demo mt4 account to see how it look. i'm gonna compare to the other 2 currency strength indicators i have. even with my fast comp (quad with 8 GB mem), my mt4 will occassional not respond. it does crunch alot of data.

Had the same problem but decided to just run this indicator on my laptop alone and everything else (charts, trading) on my desktop side by side so I can assess everything in front of me. It is memory hungry so you can't run it with too many things running in the background on the same computer.

This indicator is a very useful tool. Helps me screen for the most profitable pair. Haven't lost yet!!!!

Try to run this indicator on a clean MT4 with no other stuffs on it. I run this indicator on a dedicated MT4 and all my other trading charts on a separate MT4. It works beautifully!

Hope this helps!

Don't you find the trends all the way up to the 1hr trend changing constantly?

Try to run this indicator on a clean MT4 with no other stuffs on it. I run this indicator on a dedicated MT4 and all my other trading charts on a separate MT4. It works beautifully!

Hope this helps!

Yes, I run it on a new MT4 with no problem except since it's a new account, I have zeros for weekly and monthly which eventually will fill in (or I can do the download of all currencies which I'm not inclined to do at this time). Overall, I can see how this indicator could be quite useful!

Bytheway, thanks to all who gave me suggestions. I was finally able to get the previous locked one uninstalled. I do recommend running on a dedicated MT4 !

Don't you find the trends all the way up to the 1hr trend changing constantly?

Yeap, the thing needs in my consideration a better buffering. Right now it reacts to every little peak... I like the layout and that the important commodities are included for their relation on the dollar... Can somebody get the thing more stable/calm?

However, I like the Forex Currency Index and Trend Scanner which is not swinging around as above. Just Gold and Oil are missing... Might be an option to add? ;)

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2417/fciandtrds.jpg

Cheers

Well in my experience, the one found here is the best: http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/4428-dashboard-just-released/page10

Too bad that none of the coders here have been able to include an alert to the dashboard, which would make so much more useful in catching trends as soon as they occur...

Yeap, like the dashboard as well and waiting for the new version ;)