[REQ]Nexus EA

I come by here to look at stuff or reviews occasionally, but I've never found a useful EA here myself. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Most commercial EAs are a lot simpler than Nexus, so I'm not sure what code I could get out of them.

As for 400 pip stop losses - there are a number of different strategies, and some will reverse position if the last determined point of support is closed against. The larger stop losses in those cases provide a buffer so that the initial order isn't closed too early because of a wick.

I tried to base a lot of the EA off of my own trading style and ideas, but its not easy getting everything you see to come out properly in code.

In time I hope to develop much more advanced EAs. I've already developed a few more strategies that look promising. Personally I want to build something that's as good as a good trader.

Edited by ForexNexus

Well that depends on the lot size of the trade, and the number of pips being risked. The risk per trade is not the same in Nexus.

For strategies that use a dynamic close at the end of a bar/candlestick close, if the calculated risk back down to the last support/resistance for that trade is 100 pips, it could use a 4x multiplier on that and make it 400, to avoid wicks (the multiplier can be changed). Its not supposed to hit the stop loss however. The stop loss is only there for emergencies like someone turning off the EA so that it can't close the order by itself. That way at least something is there to stop something bad happening if the account owner doesn't come to manage his own trades.

Not all of the strategies use a dynamic close system as part of the exit strategy, so most of the time the distance to the stop loss is lower than the distance to the take profit. If you look at average loss to average profit trade on the backtest - you'll notice that the average losses per trade are smaller than the average profit per trade.

Edited by ForexNexus

FX-Emit probably offers refunds if you've tested it for two months and found problems. I'm just working with them.

Either way, there are a lot of improvements under way and we're learning some lessons as we go, so within this and the next couple of versions, I expect you'll be pretty happy. As it is, you can try experimenting with the strategies to see what you find more consistently profitable, since it incorporates a lot. That's what demo accounts are for. I have more tests running than just the one you see on the site, to try out other settings.

I'll also be producing .set files for different brokers and pairs when I have more time, so we can get better profitability. Since price action can be somewhat different across brokers, the stop loss, and take profit, and even when trades are entered and exited can vary some across brokers. Different brokers also have different limitations on minimum order sizes and the increments you can have between order lot sizes, and that affects risk management and overall stability.

And if you guys would like to know, I'm trying to find investors to fund my research more so I can build more profitable and more stable systems. Lets see how that goes, and how that changes things. Right now I've worked on this EA while unemployed and using up my savings. Months of unemployment is not pretty. LOL. Hopefully it works to benefit all of us.

Well the reason I developed an EA was so it would not be affected by my emotions and so I could use backtests to see how well things work following the rules, without being biased by my own expectations, and I chose to not work at a salary job and work on this. It takes time to accumulate enough savings that you can make sensible money from just trading forex. That and you need to always be watching the market. I don't know how many good opportunities I've missed because I just wasn't there to take it or sleeping at the time.

Also, I know traders who use a combination of strategies some of which are just plain wrong - but they continue using them because they seemed to work, a couple of times, and their other strategies are taking up the slack. Better to be sure of everything you're doing and not be emotional about stuff..

Either way, the EA is under copyright. If you want to steal stuff, you can steal someone else's. From the looks of things, there is a lot of stuff on this forum.

Seriously though, its $99. Not $10,000.

---

Edit:

Regarding this 400 pip stop loss issue, even though I explained the issue some earlier - since more than a few people have talked to me about it. Lets look at the first couple of orders in the backtest - ignoring stuff like moving the stop loss to breakeven or dynamically closing orders:

First Order - Lot Size: 0.1, Stop Loss: 415 pips, Take Profit: 289 pips

Second Order - Lot Size: 0.1, Stop Loss: 119 pips, Take Profit: 194 pips.

-- so its not always 400 pips, and the risk : reward per trade varies.

One issue you might note is that the lot size is 0.1 in both cases. This is because the test was run with an initial account size of $1000, and LiteForex has a minimum order lot size of 0.1. Normally, you should either have more money in your account, or you should have a broker supporting micro-lots (0.01), so that lot size can be correctly calculated with respect to the risk of that position. For a broker that allows only mini-lots, you should have at least $5000 in your account.

Edited by ForexNexus

I come by here to look at stuff or reviews occasionally, but I've never found a useful EA here myself. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Most commercial EAs are a lot simpler than Nexus, so I'm not sure what code I could get out of them.

As for 400 pip stop losses - there are a number of different strategies, and some will reverse position if the last determined point of support is closed against. The larger stop losses in those cases provide a buffer so that the initial order isn't closed too early because of a wick.

I tried to base a lot of the EA off of my own trading style and ideas, but its not easy getting everything you see to come out properly in code.

In time I hope to develop much more advanced EAs. I've already developed a few more strategies that look promising. Personally I want to build something that's as good as a good trader.

hi Forex Nexus

welcome on Indo investasi a very great forum, you can do the same than everybody on this forum share your EA !!!!!

evrybody come on this forum for sharing !!!

please share

---

Edit:

Regarding this 400 pip stop loss issue, even though I explained the issue some earlier - since more than a few people have talked to me about it. Lets look at the first couple of orders in the backtest - ignoring stuff like moving the stop loss to breakeven or dynamically closing orders:

First Order - Lot Size: 0.1, Stop Loss: 415 pips, Take Profit: 289 pips

Second Order - Lot Size: 0.1, Stop Loss: 119 pips, Take Profit: 194 pips.

-- so its not always 400 pips, and the risk : reward per trade varies.

One issue you might note is that the lot size is 0.1 in both cases. This is because the test was run with an initial account size of $1000, and LiteForex has a minimum order lot size of 0.1. Normally, you should either have more money in your account, or you should have a broker supporting micro-lots (0.01), so that lot size can be correctly calculated with respect to the risk of that position. For a broker that allows only mini-lots, you should have at least $5000 in your account.

Nexus, i see on the live account that you deposited $10 which translates to $1000 on forex lite cents account.

Please SHARE THE EA! or at least give the members of this forum a discount code to buy it at possibly 50%

If nexus doesn't want to share the EA,Man this is INDO-INVEST we always get what we want,it all depends on time.It is better you share it here or it will definitely come around from ME or any other member here on this forum.Because we all share ideas on look for the best settings and codes of any EA we buy.My only pain is that now that you are here you will start stealing our upgrades once we have it and start working on it.So if you are willing to share it do so on time.This is not a treat,it is just that some of us have spent so much buying craps and within a short time we give up and post it here 4 everyone. But not withstanding your EA strategies looks cool to me,the stop loss is not too bad because i have an idea from it's trading strategies .Lastly nice job on your EA.But still share it for owning up to this forum,Lol.

Oh I know the annoyance with bad EAs. I've bought plenty. Well thats part of why the forward test is on a real account.

I am on forums where people share the EAs they make and there are plenty of good testers, so although I appreciate the offer for testing help (all software needs it), I already have places where people are willing to help on that. Some of Nexus and my other EAs are available here and there :)

Not many people here offer EAs they've built themselves, so I'd rather not share code here.

But hey, if you get my EA and decompile it, I won't mind comments.

Edited by ForexNexus