Steinitz Fractal Blowup EA

Rio

Here's a junk EA that I made based on the Steinitz Fractal Breakout system.

As the name of this EA suggests... it's unprofitable. It's only value is in proving that certain manual systems (like this one) should stay manual!

DO NOT USE IT! It is JUNK. It will kill accounts, and I thought about restricting it to Demo accounts in the code, because it seems to succeed at trading at random. I made it because I simply wanted to see if I could turn a manual system into an EA... and unfortunately this one doesn't work. :berbusa: :berbusa: :berbusa:

Having said that I finally learned how to code an EA properly and am now itching for more profitable systems.

If anyone has a manual system that they'd like converted into an EA, hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

[url]http://[email protected]/file/144777403/1f69b3cd/Steinitz_Fractal_Blowup.html[/url]

Good luck if anyone manages to make this thing profitable!

Re: Steinitz Fractal Blowup EA

Here is my backtest for your ea for this year, look good to me...

http://img245.imageshack.us/i/testergraphr.gif/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7548/testergraphr.th.gif

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

Well done cyrillic, I don't know how you got it to go smooth like that, but please share the secret! A lot of optimizations?

Unfortunately some idiot snakeoil salesman will attempt to sell any junk that remotely seems profitable.

Having said that, in demo testing I ran this thing across about 10 currency pairs, and it managed to catch a huge JPY move, replicated across the pairs. turned a $2000 demo account into $3500 within a day

This EA (or at least the manual system it was based on) was designed to be used on just about any pair you like, as the fractal fluctuations it gets are fairly universal in forex trading. Also it works on any timeframe you want to drop it on. It has code in there to trade multiple timeframes simultaneously, and this can be controlled inside the EA itself starting with the M5 all the way up to the daily charts.

Some pairs seem to get better signals than others however. I generally find that the really trendy pairs (usually yen crosses) go really well.

Here is my backtest for your ea for this year, look good to me...

http://img245.imageshack.us/i/testergraphr.gif/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7548/testergraphr.th.gif

Hi

pleae share the settings (*.set) and also the broker that yo have used

Sure, just PM me and I'll try and see what I can do.

With this EA, I'm DEAD SURE it *could* be hugely profitable... although it isn't right now. The author of the manual indicator system reckons that it the indicator can double accounts in a little less than two weeks.

Here's the problem. I am a coder first, and trader (a very poor one) second. There needs to be better confirmation with the trade entries and I have no idea what would be good or what I should be looking at.... but if there is something I could use to filter trades better (or get better exit points), I'm all ears. Seriously, if this thing gets a high enough win ratio, you could effectively run it across a lot of pairs and watch it go nuts trading like a man possessed, blowing up accounts in a good way, and not in a bad way! I'd need a news filter as well and I have no idea how to code one of those.

One thing I am aware of, is that fractal entries appearing on two nearby timeframes at roughly the same intervals is a very strong signal for entry. I could try to code this in, but it is tricky. Also, you generally want to avoid entering a trade on a retracement, and this kind of filtering is very difficult for me to code. I made a weak attempt at it, but it doesn't work right.

These things are easy to see when manual trading, but hard for a computer to read and recognize without some coding wizardry.

Well done cyrillic, I don't know how you got it to go smooth like that, but please share the secret! A lot of optimizations?

Unfortunately some idiot snakeoil salesman will attempt to sell any junk that remotely seems profitable.

Having said that, in demo testing I ran this thing across about 10 currency pairs, and it managed to catch a huge JPY move, replicated across the pairs. turned a $2000 demo account into $3500 within a day

This EA (or at least the manual system it was based on) was designed to be used on just about any pair you like, as the fractal fluctuations it gets are fairly universal in forex trading. Also it works on any timeframe you want to drop it on. It has code in there to trade multiple timeframes simultaneously, and this can be controlled inside the EA itself starting with the M5 all the way up to the daily charts.

Some pairs seem to get better signals than others however. I generally find that the really trendy pairs (usually yen crosses) go really well.

That is the reason why i did not want to publicly share it, however i know that this thing will not bring me anything anyway (it is not an ea i would run live on my account as of now) So here are the settings. I use 40 take profit, 250 stop loss, max tf is 5 min tf is 4, filters disabled, Ma method 0, currency eur/usd, time frame does not matter since i'm not chasing after smaller time frames i think this is the settings. This ea will work in now, but will fail miserably two months from now (maybe not). But im sure some junk ea salesman will make a quick buck from it what the hell let him (more losers out in the market to take money from)

Hi

I have Made some changes to this EA.

as you know some brokers do not allow low TPS like 5 pip or 4 pip.

I have added virtual TP to this EA for brokers that do not allow TPs lower than 10 pip.I have also added Time Protection to this EA.

I also added a setting for EURUSD pair for normal brokers not for ECN brokers.for ECN brokers change HidenTp to HidenTp*10.

http://www.forexsharing.com/95922

Regards:

http://www.FX-Persia.com

Cheers for that pghiaci... Just about every confirmed signal typically manages to swipe a few pips in profit at the very least, and if we're going pip hunting, then your mods help for sure.

I also have to apologize because I accidently hit the "report this directory" on your forex sharing box by mistake (I'm not awake enough this time of day!) thinking it was the download link. Please forgive me! X_X

I hardly believe backtests will be any different (there are no dramatic changes made to the script) What you need is a looser signal filter (so it goes into more trades and different times) Than I could play with it and get it to produce something different. I don't like its current logic because its very "safe" however from what i learned its the smart not safe that wins the pips.

• 1 year later...
Here's a junk EA that I made based on the Steinitz Fractal Breakout system.

As the name of this EA suggests... it's unprofitable. It's only value is in proving that certain manual systems (like this one) should stay manual!

DO NOT USE IT! It is JUNK. It will kill accounts, and I thought about restricting it to Demo accounts in the code, because it seems to succeed at trading at random. I made it because I simply wanted to see if I could turn a manual system into an EA... and unfortunately this one doesn't work. :berbusa: :berbusa: :berbusa:

Having said that I finally learned how to code an EA properly and am now itching for more profitable systems.

If anyone has a manual system that they'd like converted into an EA, hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

[url]http://[email protected]/file/144777403/1f69b3cd/Steinitz_Fractal_Blowup.html[/url]

Good luck if anyone manages to make this thing profitable!

Greetings,

Unfortunately all links are now dead, any chance of repost or PM.

Idea for manual to auto, perhaps that newer elemental trader or something similar.

Regards