Catching the Bounce

Here's Guppy himself explaining the important differences in using the GMMA to trade Bull and Bear markets.There are vital differences of trading the GMMA in Bull and Bear markets.

Daryl Guppy's DVD "Catching the Bounce"

Trading the bounce is a reliable, successful and simple strategy in a bull market. In a bear market the rules change.

Momentum trades from the long side behave differently. Selecting the correct entry conditions has a significant impact on the success and profitability of the trade. Rebound trades include a higher level of risk. Aggressive entries increase risk dramatically. Understanding the behaviour of price in a rebound trade reduces the risk and improves the probability of success.

The successful momentum or rebound trade starts with defining the preferred buy-range. This is directly related to the behaviour of price and volatility in preceding days. Better buy-range trade planning improves the probability of success, but incorrect execution of entry strategies can increase the risk.

Guppy discusses the combinations and subtleties in these entry decisions using animated charts. Watch how the trade unfolds during the day and recognise the exact entry conditions. These methods are used by end-of-day traders who want to get a better and safer entry price. The methods are also used by intraday traders and applied to 1, 3, or 5 minute charts. Catching the rebound momentum at the correct point is essential for trading success in intraday time frames.

This dynamic presentation DVD will teach you how to:

How to recognise a bear market recovery

How to set a sensible buy-range for the proposed entry

How to minimise risk with a better entry into momentum trades

How to minimise risk with a better entry in a rebound from support

How to interpret price activity inside the preferred buy-range

How to interpret price activity that opens outside the buy-range - is it an opportunity or an invitation to disaster?

Techniques suitable for end of day and intraday trading

Techniques suitable for long side and short side trading

Theres a free GMMA indicator with various options and settings for the Long MAs and Short MAs at https://www.indicatorwarehouse.com/ninjatrader-indicator/fmma-fanned-multi-color-moving-averages-free-indicator-download/. They call it FMMA but it's still essentially a GMMA.

And I believe it's available at Investasi too.

Note:Because it's a big file I an unable to post this to sendspace. They have file size limitations. Mediafire has no such limitation,and they store uploads longer.

Catching the Bounce - Momentum and Rebound Trading Entry Methods by Daryl Guppy DVDrip DivX

https://www.mediafire.com/?t01xl4wnly1lxig

Happy Trading to all. :)

Excellent share Eric,I had this before but unfortunately misplaced it. Do you personally use the GMMA indicator when trading futures or forex too? Other than the Indicator Warehouse FMMA indicator ,do you know of any others? I have looked for the iwFMMA at Indo,but could not find it anywhere.

Hello Osman. What did you have before? The Guppy webinar or the indicators? In the past when I was trading Forex,I was following the Guppy methodology.In the case of Futures, you can use the free indicator iwFMMA and also something called GuppyMACD. Yes sure,I can upload both for you.I can upload to sendspace when I get back home from work tonite.

I appreciate your reply Eric. Sorry for not being precise enough. I meant the Guppy webinar presentation.I had it before but lost it during hard disc migration, but now because of you I can watch it again.

Also thank you for your intention to upload the indicators later. You are most helpful!

Edited by OsmanIM

Thanks Osman, like I said, if I can help, I will help.

Here are the indicators.The iwFMMA from Indicator Warehouse and the GuppyMACD.

Indicators.zip (19.93KB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mu0uz3

Extract the GuppyMACD and iWFMMA zips from Indicator.zip. Import to NT7 as usual. Close and restart NT7.

Check out the video at

for some tips and info on the iwFMMA.

Osman,regarding your PM question to me on what I think is the best NT7 system around,I will need time on that one to give you a honest answer.It's a very subjective question. I will PM you my answers.;)

Indicators.zip (19.93KB)

Extract the GuppyMACD and iWFMMA zips from Indicator.zip. Import to NT7 as usual. Close and restart NT7.

Check out the video at

Osman,regarding your PM question to me on what I think is the best NT7 system around,I will need time on that one to give you a honest answer.It's a very subjective question. I will PM you my answers.;)

My utmost thanks to you Eric. I have also received your PM. Thank you for your recommendations and tips.Very,very interesting! :D

• 1 year later...

Indicators.zip (19.93KB)

Check out the video at

Hi, can you upload the indicators again, please

Thanks