[Req] - Custom VWAP

marketrulez

Hi Folks,

Do you folks know any custom VWAP indicators for NT7? Where you could hold and draw VWAP from the location that you want or interested in rather than draw on fixed number of days like weekly VWAP or monthly VWAP's?

If you folks have any please share the EDU indicator.

Thanks! Cheers!

Very nice tool,thank you for that one. However its plotting regular VWAP, similar to Fat tails vwap and others indicators. What is Midas about it? Settings are not configurable.

Here is a nice, simple Midas VWAP, with standard deviation bands, that can be used on any type of bar chart. It can be used on any swing the user chooses to measure. Enjoy.

https://www.forexupload.com/5Bc

the file I put up has adjustable dev bands

The only place referring to dev bands i found is in midas advanced indicator from the package, you need manually specify the bands, but there is no indication of numbers, or anything else, see attached pic.

http://s33.postimg.org/8mc8wcz5b/midas.jpg

The only place referring to dev bands i found is in midas advanced indicator from the package, you need manually specify the bands, but there is no indication of numbers, or anything else, see attached pic.

http://s33.postimg.org/8mc8wcz5b/midas.jpg

I understand you are looking for a fixed rate of dev bands but as a user of midas for over two years I can tell you that institutions do not use fix dev bands so they are useless. You need adj dev bands to fit the channel properly. . Institutions do not use exact channels every single time, the channel is different every time, especially when it comes to different time interevals .

Edited by khnco

I understand you are looking for a fixed rate of dev bands but as a user of midas for over two years I can tell you that institutions do not use fix dev bands so they are useless. You need adj dev bands to fit the channel properly. . Institutions do not use exact channels every single time, the channel is different every time, especially when it comes to different time interevals .

Hi, dev bands aren't someting institution use but rather a statistical value which is telling you how many % of the price will fall under each deviation. In a normal distribution like DAX today should be 68,2 - 95 - 99,7

It's a conventional unit of measure based on root square of variance

Hi, dev bands aren't someting institution use but rather a statistical value which is telling you how many % of the price will fall under each deviation. In a normal distribution like DAX today should be 68,2 - 95 - 99,7

It's a conventional unit of measure based on root square of variance

lol..Distribution need not be explained to me, its common knowledge.... it maybe of some use for an RTH Vwap... ...Useless for anchored vwap lines which is what we are talking about.

Hi, dev bands aren't someting institution use

this is wrong... channel support/resistance is absolutely used by inst/algos in anchored moves. thus would be shown by the use of an adj dev band. Just because you have a statistical average of deviation doesnt mean that inst/algo wont have their own limits.. any shmuck can use average distribution, no edge tho

Edited by khnco

lol..Distribution need not be explained to me, its common knowledge.... it maybe of some use for an RTH Vwap... ...Useless for anchored vwap lines which is what we are talking about.

I'm happy for you! Now all you need is someone who explains you that it wasn't a personal attack so there is no need for you to patronize me ;)

There are not useless, just because the point you started on is arbitrary doesn't no mean it doesn't have any sense. Starting of session it's by itself is a conventional point too, it could be more meaningful a point where supply/demand is taken rather than 8am for starting calculate the vwap

this is wrong... channel support/resistance is absolutely used by inst/algos in anchored moves. thus would be shown by the use of an adj dev band. Just because you have a statistical average of deviation doesnt mean that inst/algo wont have their own limits.. any shmuck can use average distribution, no edge tho

I was mearly pointing out that deviation is a statistical measure rather than a tool like a channel so it's basically indicating you how much vour value is deviating from and the way how it's calculated conventionally. I rather be a shmuck with the few things i know than to blindless guess what an istitution it's using :)

What channels you are talking about exactly? Maybe you can post a screenshot with example?