My Clovis_RubberBand Indicator..

Hi All

I Thought I would share an Indicator that I have been using for over a year now.. It origionally started over on the mq4 developer forum but nothing really came of it.. One guy tried to get some interest in it but there wasn't an indicator for Mt4 that could be shown.. It was orgionally called the RubberBand method..

I have taken the basic math functions and made my own version.. I come from a town called Clovis and all my stuff usually starts with Clovis_something.. So this indicator I call Clovis_RubberBand.. Of course you can rename and call it what you want.

I use this as a verification indi that confirms the price action trend.. I also use some No-Lag_ma indi's to show the overall direction of the trend while I am trading, but if this indi doesnt confirm then I dont place trade. There is always another trade right around the corner..

As the price action continues to grow; the bar in this indi will continue to rise.. IF price action reverses the bar will reverse and follow the tread.. The bars size is determined by how far and how fast the price action is moving.. The Periods variable is used to compare current price action with so many bars back.. I usually leave it at 3.

When the current bar closes and a new bar starts; the past bars freeze at the close value of the bar.. Thus NO repainting with this indi.. ALL past bars stay where they are.

The 2 horizontal lines are created as a noise threshold using the ForceThresholdPercent variable.. In this case = 0.15 equals 15% of a thresold... Whereas .50 would be 50% etc.. .15 or 15% is usually where I keep it.. The ForceWindow variable controls how many bars are scanned to determine the threshold calculation, I usually have it at 25..

I have features that allow you to turn on a log file if you want to log what is happening tick by tick.

I have also added the capability to use global variables to pass the indicators output to an Expert Advisor if you wish.. By doing this you can save computer power and you can stop and start the indi during live time without having to stop and start the EA itself.. If you are accessing the indi normally from an EA you would use the iCustom function.. But that causes an entire different copy of the indi to be loaded in memory and no way to change its operation without restarting the EA.. Using the Global Variables in the EA, the EA doeesnt load the indi at all.. IT just retrives the variables data from the MT4 platform.. You can now run the indi live on the chart and change the operation of the indi directly and see the result of what you are doing and have it effect the EA immedialely.. But of course you have to have an EA that is programmed to accept the GlobalVariables in order to use the indi in this fashion..

Below is a chart run in the Strategy Tester and you can see how the bars are showing positive and negative price action and the little dots are confirming that the bar has exceeded the thresold line and if the current trend continues in a positive move the next and following dots will appear as well... As soon as a price action decreases the bar collapses and no longer qualifies...

Well this has done me well over the last year or so and I hope it will you too... Cheers.. Hacker

http://www.forexsharing.com/774019

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ak05cj.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...