Question about a good indicator

AndyS

Does anyone know how this indicator works?

hxxp://tr@[email protected]/historical.php

Basically it measures oversold and over bought and you can trade level 5 or divergence.

I saw some youtube videos of trader does very well with it and its all he uses. It requires a subscription, but my guess that it is something similar to a RSI. I will get a trial, but any feedback would be appreciated. Can we copy this in Ninja?

Thanks

Andy

Edited by AndyS
spelling

Hi Andy

ob and os looks great and wonderful in theory but....

It works well on consolidating sideways market, if the market is trending its worthless, meaning you can have the market at overbought with 4 or 5 divergences one after the other and the market will do whatever it wants, it will ignore it all and will continue to go up while you try to short it because its overbought instead go buying .

Instead just watch the legs, as long as you have stair step up keep buying till it reverses and then just short.

Jane

Thanks for the feedback. I have compared some historical charts with the typical oscillators we use most. There is something different to this one, even in trending markets. Trust me I have lost tons of money to my loyal RSI in the past and know not to use it anymore. I will demo trade with my trial and post some charts/trades.

Andy

why dont post the dll or cs of the trial and maybe an educator can fix it?

Take care

Hi Trader1968,

This guy(youtube trader) is not offering/selling anything and uses an online paid indicator service ( AlgoX). I am trying it now and it seems to work well. The service he uses is about $70 per month. I tried to duplicate Algox as it seems to be OBOS, but so far no success. On his last video the youtube trader seem to have found something similar to algox (some sort of bands), but again, and he does not respond.

Thanks

Andy

I guess he is nomalizing the VIX which could tell the top or bottom of the swing (range zone) but still fail in the trend mode.

Thanks for the feed back tradershare, do you know of an indicator that can do that? My thinking is that the markets are ranging 80% of the time, so with 1/1 Risk/Reward you would be in great shape trading this set up long term.

Andy

AndyS,

I agree with you on the overbought and oversold. I also think it is the only way to trade now-a-days. You can do well range trading, but you cannot do that with baby stops ( such as 1-2 points in the ES). You need wide stops, wide targets and patience. The (paid) indicator that I use is very good, and very hard to duplicate since it gauges overbought and oversold of all the cash prices of the S&P stocks. Something you cannot do in ninja or replace with a RSI. I received you email request for the new indicator that I use, but it is best for you to find it in your own way and when are ready. Giving you an indicator will not help your trading, you must find it on your own. It does not have to be the one I use. Many oscillators could do similar job, but you have to give it time and stop changing methods every day.

My basic trading method is this, most traders lose, most traders chase. They get suckered fast price movement either up or down they tend to believe that they will continue; it does not. Best of luck to you in trading and thanks for your kind emails.

Traderkareem