REQ- Please educate this great indi---Order Flow Oscillator

Alexxx76

This really is a good one, I've been looking for something like this for some time now..

Watch the difference between cumulative bid/ask

When one is >2x vs other, a sharp move comes almost immediately after

this indi checks for that in real time

here is the demo version that needs fixin'

h!!p://www15.zippy$hare.c0m/v/1489205/file.html

here is the story:

h!!p://whitmarkdevelopment.com/0rder-b00k-oscillator/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I used this indicator today and I have to tell you- THIS IS GREAT.I highly recommend it.

Basically its seems like a good substitute for the gom ladder or the order flow reading indicators.

instead of watching numbers flickering up down up down specifically when the market is fast- you have a visual tool that if i understood correctly is showing us THE SAME information - meaning the traders that actively traded MARKET and not LIMIT which supposedly will move the market or at least will point at the right direction.

I used it on a 2 tick YM , waited for a consolidation into the current direction and let the indicator approve it- meaning confirm the traders direction, ; once i got the confirmation i would go in with 2-3 ticks stop and it worked like a charm; but you really have to be fast, this is not a game for beginners ...

Regarding installation- just put it into your bin/indicator folder - together with all the other cs indicators. then edit ANY indicator and compile it.No need to restart ninja ( at least not mine ).

If you have an error then go back to the indicator folder- DELETE the CS and compile again any indicator just to get a fresh ninja. Then do that again- meaning put the cs back and repeat the process.

Maybe the copy you d/l is corrupt who knows- but i had no problems installing. Just remember that this is a live data indi- it wont show anything in backtesting.

Hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

I am just wondering if this indicator is the same as GOM Delta Volume or Market Delta - delta breakdown indi .

the idea is to watch something visually instead of watching numbers.

Now here is a question to ALL the order flow traders, actually i should create a new post for that , will do that but not now.

This indicator is showing us the active buyers/ sellers and the rules are simple- once you see buyers or sellers then the market should go that direction UNLESS... and here is the part i hate- if they realize that the limit traders are in control and wont let the market continue in the assumed direction then you have to reverse.

I dont just not like it- i really hate that statement because its very hard to discern and decide whether its noise or a reversal.

Now- here is my suggestion- I am wondering- is there a combined indicator that will show us the market order players together with the limit players? this way we will be able to see the entire picture.

I am well aware that you can see the limit players on the dom, but again - i prefer visual. I do watch the volume up/down indicator in a 1 renko spectrum chart together with the gom volume delta and they warn me if i try to enter against the market direction.

Would love to hear some OF responses please.

Traderbeauty-Jane

If you're trading ES or another super liquid market, Limits orders are often fakeouts (not real) or just hedges against another position. This is sophisticated HFT trading and I'm not sure if we can discern what it means in the ultra short term. I've seen large limit orders disappear from the order book time and again before they get filled.

It's a chess game.

I haven't looked at this indicator. Bala's Market Guru for Sierra charts on ES is impressive however. Not so much with CL. This is what he uses to make the "Roy Rogers" room calls.

Hello ALL

For me I think we already have the best order flow indicator available--that is the OFA.. Each OFA bar will print a summary of activity for that bar either above(log bar) or below(short bar) The summary includes a COT number. I have found that a negative COT number on an Up bar is a good sign for reversal-- and vice versa. Ill try to make and post some screenshots next time

Original posted by traderforlife-

"Hello ALL

For me I think we already have the best order flow indicator available--that is the OFA.. Each OFA bar will print a summary of activity for that bar either above(log bar) or below(short bar) The summary includes a COT number. I have found that a negative COT number on an Up bar is a good sign for reversal-- and vice versa. Ill try to make and post some screenshots next time"

Maybe... if someone could up that works for all!

It doesn't draw historical data, only live.

Yes I realize that, but the market is open now and nothing draws.

Are there any special settings or just the default?

I'm using Kinetick data, could this be the issue?!

Here is a screen capture, any help appreciated!

http://tinypic.com/r/afet8h/5

I really want to try this indi, ESPECIALLY because TraderBeauty says, "I used this indicator today and I have to tell you- THIS IS GREAT!"

Kie

Edited by LisaAkira