(REQ) Jay Extension from Symmetryindicators

trader1968

Have been working with the jay cluster V 5a today in real time while trading my own way .

Would like to share some thoughts with you.

I believe its a very valuable tool which shows the potential for a market reversal in real time.

Like other tools its not perfect and here are few problems i noticed-

It takes a lot or resources from the computer-I had it first running on 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 and 7 renko spectrum and had to take it out of the 1 and 2 renko and that is with an intel I-7 and 12 gig ram desktop which does not care usually about any hard to run software- so that was a "new" for me.

The other fault I would note is that it does not calculate or show the in between fibs of 38 , 50 etc, it looks most of the times only at possible extensions that have a potential for retracement,so basically we are missing all the continuation fibs which is not cool lol.

As a tool just for scalping few points it can be very valuable- if you wait for a confirmation on a 70 or 144 ticks using acme-trend ( which is asc-trend ) as I do you can always tell how far the retracement wil go- meaning- if we hit 1.272 then most of the times it will reverse to at least 61.8 fib etc.( see my post how to trade the traderbeauty way ).

I am not really crazy about his 0.886 or 1.128 numbers- from my experience 1.272 and 1.618 and 1.918 are the strong and consistent numbers.

"THANKS"

Good Trading.

Jane

I think that jay extension is jay cluster, at least when i installed the dll that is the only indicator i saw.

After trading with it for 3 days i decided to stop using it.

My very strong I-7 12 gig ram computer crashed last night and this is the first time ever it did so.It seems that this indicator is putting a lot of stress on the computer , it slows the charts and even temporary freeze them.

The other reason is that it shows fib levels on previous and older legs which should not happen. what i mean- if a leg is broken then you should not use it again and again. we should use only the last leg plus any previous extension.the jay cluster is finding many levels that if you have fib experience you will see that are not relevant, but for a newbie it might be a disaster.

It can deceive you .

For example- today there was a great up move in the morning on the ES and the jay cluster kept showing fibs for a short- reversal which was wrong. so on a choppy sideways slow day it might be very good and will show you any possible places to reverse but on a strong move day it will kill you and tell you to reverse all the time.

So bottom line- its a nice toy, but since i do my own fibs i dont really need it.

Take care everyone and good trading.

Jane