Exhaustion Bars

peteshr2st

This is a indicator released by Earik Beann a good few years back for tradestation users. He then went on to create Wave59 and exhaustion bars was included in that as a proprietary indicator. To this day the exhaustion bars work great and a lot of Wave59 users make use of them.

The original sales page for the original TS indicator - http://www.marketanalytics.net/exhaust.html

A big thanks to whoever can share this!

Sounds good Neo. I don't have Tradestation 4 but I think if I had that and the PowerEditor Patch for it I have a good chance of getting at the code. If you have the 2 of them it would be very helpful, thanks.

Also do you know if the files are password protected only or if they are actually encoded? The code looks encoded to me and I've heard that they can't be decompiled if that's the case. That said I haven't TS to try and view them so maybe you know. If they are just password protected it seems it can be unlocked so that's what I'm banking on.

Edited by peteshr2st
spelling

Sounds good Neo. I don't have Tradestation 4 but I think if I had that and the PowerEditor Patch for it I have a good chance of getting at the code. If you have to 2 of them it would be very helpful, thanks.

Also do you know if the files are password protected only or if they are actually encoded? The code looks encoded to me and I've heard that they can't be decompiled if that's the case. That said I haven't TS to try and view them so maybe you know. If they are just password protected it seems it can be unlocked so that's what I'm banking on.

I'm also looking at getting the source code and converting it to MT4.

Any luck on this?

(function=) input:qual(numeric),len(numeric);

var:bs(0),index(0),bindex(0),sindex(0),length(0),return(0);

if c>c[4] then bindex=bindex+1;

if c<c[4] then sindex=sindex+1;

return=0;

index=0;

if bindex>qual and c<o and h>=highest(h[1],len) then begin

index=1;

bindex=0;

return=-1;

end;

if sindex>qual and c>o and l<=lowest(l[1],len) then begin

index=-1;

sindex=0;

return=1;

end;

MA_ExBar1=return;

A rough translation... I'm not a tradestation programmer, but it seems that if the close is higher than 4 bars ago (1 iteration), and current close is less than current open, and the current high is greater than the highs (len) bars ago, then there is a high exhaustion signal.

Opposite for the low exhaustion signal.

Carl

MarketCycle-360.com

A rough translation... I'm not a tradestation programmer, but it seems that if the close is higher than 4 bars ago (1 iteration), and current close is less than current open, and the current high is greater than the highs (len) bars ago, then there is a high exhaustion signal.

Opposite for the low exhaustion signal.

Carl

could you kindly knock this into an mt4 indi?>:D<

Thanks very much for posting the source code and for the rough translation of how it works guys. I am going to try and see if I can get this converted to NT.

Looking at the code it is the source for the longer term swings so it's exhaustion bars 1. I've checked the user settings for them in Wave59 and I can see that the difference is EXbars1 = (indicator=)input:qual(6),len(30); and EXBars2 = (indicator=)input:qual(5),len(5);

What I don't know is if the source code is identical for both besides that minor input change. Anyways cheers again guys

It is probably the same. The code allows for more than higher-high/lower-low of the 4 bars plus the LEN value. So, the bigger LEN is, the more bars (longer trend) there would have to be before a signal is generated. At least, that is what I believe. I will have to code something in MT4 to prove it.

Carl

MarketCycle-360.com

It is probably the same. The code allows for more than higher-high/lower-low of the 4 bars plus the LEN value. So, the bigger LEN is, the more bars (longer trend) there would have to be before a signal is generated. At least, that is what I believe. I will have to code something in MT4 to prove it.

Carl

Thanks Carl, appreciate your help!