3rd Generation Moving Average (Least possible lag)

numa

Hi,

I stumpled upon an interesting recent scientific publication of M. Dürschner (2011) and think this may be of interest for many traders. Dürschner presented a novel type of Moving average: the 3rd Generation Moving Average. His work gave a mathematical prove that 3rd. Generation MAs have the least theoretically possible lag and demonstrated it using a toy expert advisor system.

For interested ones, the 3rd Generation Moving Average can now downloaded for free from

http://www.scientific-trading.com/downloads.php

At the web page you can also find the links to the theoretical paper which was awarded by the German representation of the IFTA (International Federation of technical Analysts).

Edited by numa

• 2 weeks later...

Here is MQ4 3G Moving average indicator (File name 3rdGenMA.mq4 - you need to compile it to make the ex4 file). I read the rationale is the same as the one promoted above i.e. M. Dürschner (2011). The second file included in the zip is called Adjustable_MA_3G and this is an EA based on the MA Indicator. I have not used the EA but thought to include in case someone does try it and finds it useful (then let us all know :-) )

hxxp://xxx.multiupl0ad.c0m/H86PJ1DYTL

Thanks FxNewbie for the EA. The backtest result of 2010 looks good but for 2011 till 1-9-2011 is bad. Have you done some optimization and choose the MA periods?

Also there are 2 sets of MAs given..Period_1, Period_2, S_Period_1 and S_Period_2. Can you shell some light on these?

Also use MM is set to False. Does it also have MM capabilities?

I was interested only in the 3G MA indicator. I included the EA because it was with the indicator when I downloaded it. I have not even looked at the EA but I find the indicator to be very useful. It's definitely more responsive to change. The reason I posted was because the scientific trading one discussed above was an executable file with a dll. I found a public domain MQ4 one available. So I shared.

I like the 3G indicator. I am observing it's behaviours and relationships to other indicators I already use (the _!_Moving averages Tavo.mq4 indicator I posted earlier in a different thread)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...