FAP Turbo new version 52

loulou69

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your work, there's a warning when I attched to chart and use auto gmt offset.

Warning as this: Warning, use manual GMToffsets only on backtest.

Automatic GMT offset calculation works only on live/demo trading

and should be set as FALSE for backtests - strategy testing.

Is this normal? Or should I turn auto gmt offset to false?

Edited by PIPHORE

when I attached to the chart there's a warning message.

I turned AutoGMTOffset off and set GMT offset manually. No more warning message and seems to be working just fine on demo. Go figure. Maybe it's a bug.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a bug. I looked at the code and an "else" operation is either omitted or misplaced. The message should only be issued if UseAutoGMTOffset is set to FALSE.

So, ignore this message and be happy. Everything is working as (ahem) designed.

Edited by BobR
Bug found

Thanks for your work, there's a warning when I attched to chart and use auto gmt offset.

Warning as this: Warning, use manual GMToffsets only on backtest.

Automatic GMT offset calculation works only on live/demo trading

and should be set as FALSE for backtests - strategy testing.

Is this normal? Or should I turn auto gmt offset to false?

That is normal as it happened at previous version. if you want to use autoGMToffset, set it true then.. if not, manual GMToffset but making your own GMT calculation.

Just been to the members area. New settings are EURCHF TP 3 SL 93. EURUSD TP 16 SL 69. USDCAD TP 9 SL 114. GBPUSD TP 11 SL 86. USDCHF TP 9 SL 82. GBPCHF TP 11 SL 113.

The question you need to ask yourself is "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya... Punk?!" 8-)

Edited by tomislav

It's shocking that they seem to be releasing new versions with apparently few changes in the strategy. Hitting the stop-loss once takes you back to square one (and even before that). Has anyone managed to get this sucker to actually work?

I have reviewed the code between v48 & 52 and can't see a big difference except for an introduction of the EURUSD pair for scalping. Not sure how they are supposedly getting the results they show on their site...