Tunne! Tr@der

• 1 month later...

just watched this video- i would definitely not pay almost 2000$ for that.

To me it looks like a joke trading with 4 moving averages.

Looks like he chose a certain day and time where it moved according to is needs.

You can ask him to send you a screen shot of a day like yesterday or the day before and see how his line behaved.

Thank you Traderbeauty. Here is the a more recent webinar that shows many days in a row...

webinar.tradersagency.com/tunnel-trader-2/

Based on my understanding that it can do both long and short trades but I do not have much details beyond these videos. I asked them a few questions via email, but in response they wanted me to call them, which tends to be a red flag... just checking here to see if anyone else came across this or had more details...

Thanks again for responding

i am going to briefly watch it but i can tell you one thing-

Trading is not easy and cannot be done with a moving average specifically one that adjusts itself so slow.

It can serve as an additional tool but if you are looking for something that shows strength or weakness of the market on a certain time frame there are much better tools like madbb or others.

Again- if you talk to them ask a full screen shot for a big moving day and i bet you that if you go against the market you would lose.

They should provide you with a screen shot for last friday - lets see ow their system does on a big moving day and not a consolidation.

A system like that is perfect for a choppy- consolidation time but you never know what the market is going to do, definitely not worth 2k .

just my humble opinion.

Traderbeauty , Orderflow vwap is part of the Order Flow + and Trader + premium feature sets which are both included with a NinjaTrader 8 Lifetime license. I own/purchase NT8 lifetime license but if you need a good (free) vwap indicator you can download ir for free from the following site >> https://thevwap.com/strategy/ (they even send you the vwap ebook with a simple/profitable strategy). Hope it helps.

Note: vwap levels remain the same on all charts once plotted, you can switch timeframes and levels will always be the same (each session).. that is why vwap is used/looked at institutional level.. keep that in perspective.

Edited by swiattrader

Swiattrader

Thanks so much.

I found it- just didnt know that its under orderflow-vwap.

Can you please tell me how to configure the indicator ?

There are many options and i am not sure where to apply the settings above ---2,3,5 SD settings

Thank you so much

Really appreciate all your help.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Traderbeauty - Setting are:

Reset Interval: Session

Trading Hours: Use data series settings

Std Dev Bands: 3

Std Dev 1 Multiplier: 2

Std Dev 1 Multiplier: 3

Std Dev 1 Multiplier: 5

Then configure the color for:

Plots Colors:

Order Flow VWAP: Tunnel trader use vwap color as blue

Std Dev 1,2 - Green

Std Dev 3 - Red (Stop Loss)

I personally use only 2 std dev with settings (1,2) but above are what Tunnel Trader use plotted on the ES 5min chart.

Thanks very much to swiattrader for unraveling the mystery of Tunne! Tr@der, and to Traderbeauty for following up!

>that if you go against the market you would lose.

As Traderbeauty noted above,

how do they decide as to when/what days to go Long only, Short only, or both...

Edited by goldeneagle

In this video (Minute 05:21) you will clearly see that the vwap is anchored to the first session 5min bar close and SD settigs (2-3-5).

He has two indicators (trading view) one to show the Tunnel trading short and one for Longs.

Using OrderFlow vwap you can have 2 charts and have one indicator plot Longs and the second one for shorts only based on the close of the first 5 min candle of the session (06:00 PM EST). You can make the opposite SD levels transparent to match his Long or short setting and have vwap colored Blue

He also mention to start looking for trades 2 hours after the session open (08:00 PM EST) which makes sense to allow vwap/price to adjust.

This whole Tunnel Trading is mean reversion trading/setups... nothing new.... best suited for ranging markets.

I will add aggregated tape at these levels (SD1. SD2. SD3) to spot buying/selling momentum which is why I'm looking for someone to educate the Acme Magic Tape2 ...

Trade safe/trade profitable

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIcYsuga3s&t=289s

Edited by swiattrader

Thanks much swiattrader

The re-entry Long after stopout in the above video is not clear, ie, after stopout while the price is still falling OR wait for a retrace/by how much, before re-entering??

I suppose the details like this could make it a make or break strategy. Also I agree that it's best when market goes sideways, and then we can trade both Long and Short, but how do we forecast that, would be the big question at the end...