NT8 - Fixed

thanos

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a simple solution to this problem.

But I will share it on 28th February , on eve of Bday of my Dog, named Toby :) (Toby Fat Boy) yeah I'm creative :P

Von, did you share a solution to this problem with NT8? I don't remember seeing anything on Feb 28th. Did anyone resolve the problem of trade executions being logged? Thanks

i dont see trade execution being logged anywhere.

ofcourse it has to be logged to your connected broker else how order will be placed?

I understand that. I'm referring to this quote from lbf4223 on a previous page:

"I don't know if you did this education or got it from somewhere else but from a cursory look, seems to me that trade executions are still being logged. That is, ET is phoning home with a fully calculated machine id. So someone needs to go back and take ET's phone away."

Is anyone using this and can give any feedback to the reliability, I'm using NT 7.37 on TWS 972, the version of TWS is starting to act buggy and no longer have this version to reinstall so looks like I have to move on in order to use a more updated TWS!

Thanks for the help.

Is anyone using this and can give any feedback to the reliability, I'm using NT 7.37 on TWS 972, the version of TWS is starting to act buggy and no longer have this version to reinstall so looks like I have to move on in order to use a more updated TWS!

Thanks for the help.

I've only been using it for market replay so far and I'd like to use it for live trading eventually but I'm concerned about what orfila has revealed in the code.

I've only been using it for market replay so far and I'd like to use it for live trading eventually but I'm concerned about what orfila has revealed in the code.

Yes very worry some, Too bad people seem to have ditched NT 7 for educating the new V 7.42 I find it uses less recourses than NT 8 and I dislike that wide boarder around the charts, in NT 7 there is no boarder.

If you monitor the patched NT8 Version, by a app like Glasswire, ET only phones home to the NinjaTrader servers to "check" the licence and if available your data feed provider.

But if you add the MagicThing tool ET starts phoning home to russia, which I think is more to "worry" about. But you don't need to add it, as this NT8 Version already got educated.

Here is a picture of the contacted hosts:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/0uxdme1vaska4se/Host_NT8_Patched.jpg/file

Anyway you are right, it would be helpful if someone could clear that "backdoorcode" thing ...

Edited by Rhodan909

Hi flipper26,

I have NinjaTrader 7. Do I need to use the same liscence key for NinjaTrader 8?

Also I didn't find NinjaTrader.Config.dll and NinjaTrader.helper.dll in C/Program Files (x86)/NinjaTrader 8/Bin and C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64?

Please advise.

Thanks

Amruta

Hi flipper26,

I have NinjaTrader 7. Do I need to use the same liscence key for NinjaTrader 8?

Also I didn't find NinjaTrader.Config.dll and NinjaTrader.helper.dll in C/Program Files (x86)/NinjaTrader 8/Bin and C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64?

Please advise.

Thanks

Amruta

The NT8 I downloaded from this thread works for me as is for market replay although if you try some of the indicators from here that may or may not have been educated sometimes it will crash. I didn't have to input a license key. I don't know about those missing files. Until we get a proper educated NT8 use at your own risk.