Bob Buran Commodity Trading Course

gadfly

@Gadfly - I know you do not like being called a librarian, but that is really what you are - and your efforts are DEEPLY appreciated by old and new (like me) members.

Let me ask you, if you were going to tell a noob to buy one book, or one course, to become a successful trader, which one would it be and why?

I'd love to hear your thoughts, since so much trading course info is garbage.

jeffiburt, Thank you for your kind words. There is no one book or course that can help you become a successful trader, it's a journey of 1000 miles with stops along the way.

After you're learned the basics: basic technical analysis and market structure, types of trading instruments and the relationship between them, etc., it will save you a lot of time and misery if you find a genuine trader, someone who can or has made a living from trading (e.g., they may be retired and no longer reliant on the income).

You can recognize these people because they will talk about actual trades they've made - not theoretical or simulated ones - and why the trades succeeded or failed (beware of the instructor who'll never show you losses), and give you practical solutions to your trading questions and problems rather than just speak in generalities about order flow, supply and demand, pivot points, etc.

jeffiburt, Thank you for your kind words. There is no one book or course that can help you become a successful trader, it's a journey of 1000 miles with stops along the way.

After you're learned the basics: basic technical analysis and market structure, types of trading instruments and the relationship between them, etc., it will save you a lot of time and misery if you find a genuine trader, someone who can or has made a living from trading (e.g., they may be retired and no longer reliant on the income).

You can recognize these people because they will talk about actual trades they've made - not theoretical or simulated ones - and why the trades succeeded or failed (beware of the instructor who'll never show you losses), and give you practical solutions to your trading questions and problems rather than just speak in generalities about order flow, supply and demand, pivot points, etc.

Thanks jeffiburt for asking question i wanted to ask from Gadfly.

Appreciate both of you.