What do you Trade/Which course helped you?

Hello,

First off, this is an excellent site and extremely happy I came across it. There are a ton of courses shared on here which is amazing. Hundreds of courses, videos, workbooks, etc.

When I first joined here, my thoughts were to download ANY and EVERY course that related to the products I trade. I am an Options Trader but also have traded Futures. So I was just downloading all that I can find that related to Options and Futures. But as I started watching some of these and gathering more info on them, I realized that some were either not much value, not my style of Trading or the direction I wanted to take it, didn’t provide anything valuable, etc. I stopped wasting my time on these, I felt that wasting time on courses was not beneficial at all. Trading is a skill that requires practice, development, understanding it to a great level. Cruising through courses isn’t much of a benefit as the work to learning and developing a skill starts with learning from a course but definitely does not end there. We all know that.

My point with this is to share and interact with other Traders that came on here, found a course of a specific Trader that they liked, a specific type of Trading that they wanted to learn (i.e. Market Profile, Volatility, Scalping, etc.)

I wanted to ask everyone on here - What course did you find that helped your Trading to a great degree. Whether it took you from being not profitable to now profitable, making a little amount to now making more, helped you out when you were just starting and gave you a method that you have been using and is profitable, etc.

Anything that directly relates to your Trading results from that course you watched. I’m not saying you watched a course and instantly you’re making money. That’s not what I mean but would be great if it did, I mean that it provided you the foundation or expanded your knowledge/skills and with practice over time it helped you.

Let us know -

- What do you Trade?

- How long have you been Trading it?

- What course did you watch that helped improve your Trading?

- Why did you choose that course?

- How did it help your Trading directly?

And anything else that you think would be worth adding.

————————

I think if we shared this type of info that it could help a lot. Now, don’t get me wrong, one may not get anything from a specific course but another can find it very useful. That’s the thing with Trading, there’s no one way. But with this it can provide some personal insight and experiences to what you learned and the benefit from it.

Very well said EminiTrader.

I hardly watch any of the garbage shared.

I would dare to say that anything about price action can benefit all of you- drop the indicators - specifically the lagging ones.

The only course i would highly recommend is actually an old one "Dynamic Traders"- it was shared here many times and i forgot the details but basically it will teach you everything about fibs- the retracements, extensions and symmetrical.

Hope that others will post their experience with videos or courses that they did watch because this can benefit us all.

Thank you all again

Traderbeauty

I like the Robert C Miner Dynamic trader workshop. It gave me a clear understanding of EW and Fibonacci (Mainly how to apply in charts). Then I went with a private mentor. I have been trading for 3 years with good success.

I am still a part time trader as I am working on a full time job. I will switch in to full time in about 2 years

It's not that trading courses especially from pro traders are garbage. The thing is none of the trading course or trading methodology alone is complete enough to give you the consistent profit.

I staretd my trading journey as a scalper and/or Day trader. I thought, there is no need to learn comprehensively all other trading methods or techniques used by Positional Traders.I failed miserably. Then i started learning everything like Price action trading, Elliott Wave and all other Trading methodology. Gradually i developed and still developing my own Trading system which i am using now. Now, i don't see any difference between a day trader or swing Trader. Beacuse a trader must know what's happening in all the time frames whether you are a Day trader or Positional Trader.

And also i must confess that "Indo investasi forum" has helped me a lot in gathering different courses at no cost and benefit immensely from them. I read all the courses and selectively use only those which suits my trading system and style most.

Edited by tech1978

I like the Robert C Miner Dynamic trader workshop. It gave me a clear understanding of EW and Fibonacci (Mainly how to apply in charts). Then I went with a private mentor. I have been trading for 3 years with good success.

I am still a part time trader as I am working on a full time job. I will switch in to full time in about 2 years

Thanks for your input.

It would be nice to see and read about your trading style.

Maybe a journal of your trading with screenshots or videos.

I hope you'll consider my proposal seriously.

Any member here with good results and trading experience should do that in my opinion.

It would help immensely the members who still struggles.

Edited by mastertrader7

I don't understand why should I consider your proposal seriously?, I am not here for teaching my strategy or selling anything. This thread is to find best course and I have answered.

Don't try to get any ready made strategy from any one, you have to develop your own which suits for you

- What do you Trade? - I trade Currencies(27 Pairs and no exotic pairs), Gold, Silver, US oil and some times Dax index (CFD)

- How long have you been Trading it? - Vague question for me. Trading for 7-8 years and consistent for around two years

- What course did you watch that helped improve your Trading? - Started with Dynamic trader workshop and went with a personal mentor abroad and trading for his fund

- Why did you choose that course? - I wanted to learn EW, because it was one of the method back tested with 70 years of data by Ralph Nielson Elliott himself

- How did it help your Trading directly? - Paid for few courses and was keep losing money for over 5 years then learned from my mentor and practiced for an year

For me it's

Gary Dayton - Chart Reading Mastery

Feibel Trading - Logical Price Action

Both are Wyckoff based! If you are looking for a ruled bases system this isn't for you as you will have work hard at it before it really starts to make sense and you can start to see the trade! When I first started I was lazy and wanted some system to follow but found out like most the hard way that they don't work and the only way is through hard work and diligence to the craft and letting go of the get rich quick mentality that was crippling me!

The best piece of advice I can give you is to find something that resonates with you and stick with that and stop jumping from system to system when things don't go well for you, find out why it's not working and learn from it! Our loses are our greatest learning opportunities, after all we paid for it with the loss:)

The most important course I watched was Van Tharp - Position Sizing

This alone helped me to protect my account as before I was all in instead of scaling in. It also helped immensely with my psychology somehow, maybe due to the fact that now if i'm not sure on a trade I lower my % at risk then increase as trend get's under way!

Good luck to all on this journey to trading success!

I don't understand why should I consider your proposal seriously?, I am not here for teaching my strategy or selling anything. This thread is to find best course and I have answered.

Don't try to get any ready made strategy from any one, you have to develop your own which suits for you

- What do you Trade? - I trade Currencies(27 Pairs and no exotic pairs), Gold, Silver, US oil and some times Dax index (CFD)

- How long have you been Trading it? - Vague question for me. Trading for 7-8 years and consistent for around two years

- What course did you watch that helped improve your Trading? - Started with Dynamic trader workshop and went with a personal mentor abroad and trading for his fund

- Why did you choose that course? - I wanted to learn EW, because it was one of the method back tested with 70 years of data by Ralph Nielson Elliott himself

- How did it help your Trading directly? - Paid for few courses and was keep losing money for over 5 years then learned from my mentor and practiced for an year

Sorry but i dont remember i forced you to share anything.

I made a suggestion.

You can share your knowledge and experience and you can keep it to yourself.

No need to be rude or unpleasant.

This forums spirit is of kindness sharing and helping each other.

Not only taking !

Good day to you sir and thanks for nothing.

Edited by mastertrader7

Sorry but i dont remember i forced you to share anything.

I made a suggestion.

You can share your knowledge and experience and you can keep it to yourself.

No need to be rude or unpleasant.

This forums spirit is of kindness sharing and helping each other.

Not only taking !

Good day to you sir and thanks for nothing.

Where did you see my rude comments, You were asking for straight forward short cut technique, hence I have answered.

Actually this is a duplicate thread of @insaneike.

@logicgate has already suggested some best books and best courses. Have you tried ?. At least did you do back testing?. I know few members in a trading forum are using only the tradeguider book's learning and trading with HLC charts and they are making hell a lot of money on futures trading. Problem here is every one wants to learn very quick and start making money tomorrow.

@borsaman has already shared precious gems here, but every one is still asking for more. (Lucky to have him here, I have spend lakhs for the courses which he shared here)

What I learned from the materials shared here

How to draw proper trend line - Adam grimes course

More precise Fibonacci - BCFX course (Helped me to filter false swings)

SnD - From Simon kloot course

Price Action - Al brooks (Still learning, He is a PA scientist)

Fake break Out - From ICT

Market turning points from FF TMA strategy thread by George

Fractals and divergence - EW ultimate

And few more

You don't need to learn all. Just pick what is matching with your strategy

Set a draw down limit (I set mine as 4% max draw down)

I have started with very low risk

I was risking only 0.10% for 1 year (I can lose 40 trades for my max draw down list)

When I started winning I have increased my risk to 0.20%

Now I am trading with 0.40% risk per trade (I haven't lose 10 consecutive trades for the last one year)

I am happy with what I am earning and as my draw down is low, I have got some funding to trade now.

I am using Edgewonk for my trade journals and I really like it (Not marketing here)

Problem here is every one wants to learn very quick and start making money tomorrow.

That wasnt the intention.

We want to learn here.

To get some usefull advice from people who made it and trade well.

Not only dry repeating courses & books over and over again,same material with different packages.

Some first hand experience of members here.

There is no holy grail we all know it,its futile to repeat the same mantra.

As i said you dont owe me anything.

You feel its better to be selfish,its your own call.

Hopefully other traders here will share generously some ideas and pointers to their fellow

members.

There is no loss on their part by helping methodologically.

I respect anyone who is willing to share their method.

But dude, did you really call someone "selfish" because he did not teach you how to make money? Don't you think that's too much to ask from a random good person online, who is neither your parent nor your mentor?

If they're willing to teach, we should be grateful. If not, there's nothing wrong about that, and should actually be expected. And don't forget they already show you the path.

I respect anyone who is willing to share their method.

But dude, did you really call someone "selfish" because he did not teach you how to make money? Don't you think that's too much to ask from a random good person online, who is neither your parent nor your mentor?

If they're willing to teach, we should be grateful. If not, there's nothing wrong about that, and should actually be expected. And don't forget they already show you the path.

I totally agree with you.

No one owes anything to no one.

Maybe i choosed the wrong words to express my point.

You can ignore 'selfish'.

• 3 months later...