[REQ] Gary Dayton - Deep Practice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know whats a good entry anymore after watching these. i want to know Dr.Gary Dayton's entries, not Brian or Denise and especially not Ted's jeez

some short entries entered with support only 2 ticks below, "never sell into support" so its terrible but he heard em leaves a marker and most importantly, didnt challenge the student, idk...its hella confusing:-O

Supposedly the whole purpose of DP is to make students become aware of their mistakes so the fact that he never challenged those what i thought to be mistakes made me think, could it actually be a good entry? can i actually go long with no signs of demand in a downtrend? (9.12.19 1hr22min) From what i understand, SoT to the downside could keep going forever until demand shows up in size.

i didnt pay so cant complain :-$

Edited by nikoniss

Even I also felt the same. In chart reading mastery he warns about how the traders jump prematurely into the trade and eventually ended up blowing the trading account he also emphasised the importance of chosing an entry carefully by judging the overall context but in deep practice it appears that he is doing exactly opposite of what he is saying. I lose all my interest then and there and stopped watching further his deep practice videos.

Even I also felt the same. In chart reading mastery he warns about how the traders jump prematurely into the trade and eventually ended up blowing the trading account he also emphasized the importance of chosing an entry carefully by judging the overall context but in deep practice it appears that he is doing exactly opposite of what he is saying. I lose all my interest then and there and stopped watching further his deep practice videos.

I agree with your observation and felt same as most of the entries on real chart differ what I understood is always lean against the structure as which trade is going to win or loss depends upon sturcture itself.

I agree with all you are saying, I have posted something similar a while ago. What he does in Deep Practice goes totally against what he teaches in his courses.

It is a good thing that you guys are noticing this, because you know what is wrong and won´t do it.

The problem is that Dr. Gary marks on the chart all the trades the participants ask him to. I think he is afraid of losing some loyal customers there if he starts criticizing their entries too much, or not doing what they want. That guy Ted, jeez... That is one trigger happy mofo, by all means do not try to copy him and trade like that! That is not VSA trading, he is just buying and selling on hunch. The worst thing is that Dr. Gary gives him "attaboys" a lot of times and compliments him, reinforcing that bad habit. He should know better cause he is a psychologist ffs.

Having said that, I think Deep Practice sessions are very good, just don´t reprogram yourself to trade like the participants, take YOUR trades mentally there and ignore the other participants. Pay more attention to the trades that Dr. Gary takes himself, but even then check if it is according to the playbook.

I agree with all you are saying, I have posted something similar a while ago. What he does in Deep Practice goes totally against what he teaches in his courses.

It is a good thing that you guys are noticing this, because you know what is wrong and won´t do it.

The problem is that Dr. Gary marks on the chart all the trades the participants ask him to. I think he is afraid of losing some loyal customers there if he starts criticizing their entries too much, or not doing what they want. That guy Ted, jeez... That is one trigger happy mofo, by all means do not try to copy him and trade like that! That is not VSA trading, he is just buying and selling on hunch. The worst thing is that Dr. Gary gives him "attaboys" a lot of times and compliments him, reinforcing that bad habit. He should know better cause he is a psychologist ffs.

Having said that, I think Deep Practice sessions are very good, just don´t reprogram yourself to trade like the participants, take YOUR trades mentally there and ignore the other participants. Pay more attention to the trades that Dr. Gary takes himself, but even then check if it is according to the playbook.

Valubale input

Thanks logicgate, you have become my Wyckoff go to guy :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...