ACME Volume Impression User question

I noticed a strange behaviour with ACME Volume Impression Pack, which I can not understand. Apparantly I overlook something but have no clue.

I only look to the DELTA information and use at the same time the DELTA from Fin-Alg. When the market moves I see that both ACME and Fin-Alg have more or less the same values per bar. So far all seems fine.

However, when I hit F5 (refresh) I notice that the values produced by Fin-Alg remain and almost all values of the ACME change in hindsight. Even 50 bars back !

My question: Why does ACME produce other values for the DELTA after I hit F5 and Fin-Alg does not? I use the Fin-Alg with false on bar close and ACME with true on bar close. Even then the ACME produces other values after hitting F5.

I included in sendspace the ACME and Fin-Alg software as well as template for setup showing only the DELTA for Fin-Alp (top row) and ACME (bottom row).

I wonder what I am overlooking here and why ACME and Fin-Alg behave so differently for the DELTA values after pressing F5.

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/ijAQM4mMZrszK3Lv6nZG3Luw4EmaZfdf

I Use TOMBars2 (Heikin Ashi on Renko) and anaHeikinAshi for bars. See here https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/nS2TcHpbFBA3T%2Br90G9uHg

All credits to original uploader(s)

Edited by profile

All of this order flow software should be able to automatically make decisions on when to buy / sell. The experience of when to do it should be built into the software based on the trading experience of the alleged experts who designed it in the first place.

Algo shops autotrade. There's no humans looking at order flow numbers and entering / exiting based on their personal expertise. That's the whole point of having the computer do it. It's faster and if you have a viable edge, you make money long-term.

All of this order flow software should be able to automatically make decisions on when to buy / sell. The experience of when to do it should be built into the software based on the trading experience of the alleged experts who designed it in the first place.

Algo shops autotrade. There's no humans looking at order flow numbers and entering / exiting based on their personal expertise. That's the whole point of having the computer do it. It's faster and if you have a viable edge, you make money long-term.

So the fact that no vendor is offering up any solutions in this area is suspect that the edge is not as good as they make it out to be. All these vendors prove one thing: it's easier to convince their customers to buy something that looks good without having to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that it IS good.

Very true and I honestly believe that 95% of vendors are failed traders.

So the fact that no vendor is offering up any solutions in this area is suspect that the edge is not as good as they make it out to be. All these vendors prove one thing: it's easier to convince their customers to buy something that looks good without having to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that it IS good.

Order Flow can be considered as a refining tool to your entries and exits. I use em that way.

I have my MP/VP on, Setups based on MP along with some basic Indicator support. I look into FP when prices reaches certain levels where either i m scalling or initiating any new position.

OFA is very much subjective. One need to learn how to use it and again it depends on a person how he wants to use it. So all n all, if u r not comfortable with Order Flow, Leave it aside and trade where ur comfortable. If Order Flow helps you in trading, practice it more. Also remember, the Flow reading work for SnP may not work for CL or Russell. All instruments have different types of traders, so flow might be different everywhere.

I would suggest to concentrate on Auction process more then anything else.

Order Flow can be considered as a refining tool to your entries and exits. I use em that way.

I have my MP/VP on, Setups based on MP along with some basic Indicator support. I look into FP when prices reaches certain levels where either i m scalling or initiating any new position.

OFA is very much subjective. One need to learn how to use it and again it depends on a person how he wants to use it. So all n all, if u r not comfortable with Order Flow, Leave it aside and trade where ur comfortable. If Order Flow helps you in trading, practice it more. Also remember, the Flow reading work for SnP may not work for CL or Russell. All instruments have different types of traders, so flow might be different everywhere.

I would suggest to concentrate on Auction process more then anything else.

Very well said!

Could you please post few setups if you dont mind?

Also could you please elaborate on how you take enteries and exits based on MP?

I hope you can post few MP/VP charts and define the rules you use to enter and exit.

Will be glad if you can share what other indicators you use along with MP/VP and FP.

THanks and Cheers!