[Req] - Custom VWAP

marketrulez

I'm happy for you! Now all you need is someone who explains you that it wasn't a personal attack so there is no need for you to patronize me ;)

Now Now.... lets not get bitter. We are a happy forum..... I think you a little to sensitive... Dont want this to turn ugly....... I will just say one more thing:

You seem to know a lot about anchored vwap deviation ...then maybe you can show us how its done in a real world application........ I'll be waiting...

Good luck in your trading

Edited by khnco

What channels you are talking about exactly? Maybe you can post a screenshot with example?

I am referring to the upper lower channels channels created by std dev bands. Not to be confused with the displacement channels on the software. The software I upped only has a variable single upper and lower std dev band (for good reason) but cannot create multiple deviations ..... Btw, the other software in this thread carries a fixed upper lower fixed std dev bands. If you need multiple std dev bands, Linnsoft RT is the only one I know that did do that with Midas Vwap. I haven't come across any software for NT7 that does that yet.

I am referring to the upper lower channels channels created by std dev bands. Not to be confused with the displacement channels on the software. The software I upped only has a variable single upper and lower std dev band (for good reason) but cannot create multiple deviations ..... Btw, the other software in this thread carries a fixed upper lower fixed std dev bands. If you need multiple std dev bands, Linnsoft RT is the only one I know that did do that with Midas Vwap. I haven't come across any software for NT7 that does that yet.

It can be easly done i think. In most platform stdef is a function so if you write an indi and set an input which recalls the std fiìunction you can adjust it manually to create a channel with different stdev for the upper one and the lower one (i'm not using NT it's just a logic idea)

Very boring process though if you can't adjust it graphically

. I'm still puzzling about it's usefulness rather than the usual 1-2-3 std dev

Edited by rawos

It can be easly done i think. In most platform stdef is a function so if you write an indi and set an input which recalls the std fiìunction you can adjust it manually to create a channel with different stdev for the upper one and the lower one (i'm not using NT it's just a logic idea)

Very boring process though if you can't adjust it graphically

. I'm still puzzling about it's usefulness rather than the usual 1-2-3 std dev

The problem from what I remember is with 123 std dev when applied to a true Midas produces excessive fanning due to the way its calculated.... Dont remember all the specifics, but to compensate for different conditions the software maker created a variable adjustment to help guide to adjust to the initial sup/res points. Though in most cases it doesn't help much anyway especially somewhat sideways movement. Since then someone may have already addressed this issue but I am not aware of anything..

He may want to look at the other piece of software I mentioned earlier. That has a single dev that seems to hold form but not sure what they are using as I am not good at reading code, he may be able to add additional deviations to that indicator.

Thanks shrike but those address displacement channeling, Moew is looking for std devs

Edited by khnco

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...