new version BookMaap 4.5.0_b142

abduul

OMG Admis greeeat job here =D> =D>=D> i heard this time was more difficult to get into

btw new version is finally no eye hurting like before with a grid of white lines

This is the ultimate tool 4 scalping, i dnt think they cant improve it anymore

Just put an auto hard stop loss atr based on cqg ninja or whatever and work around ur position

Develop ur personal "market making" model and u can beat HFTs profitability lol

White lines, their brightness, contrast and size of pixel volumes can be adjusted in studies menu so you can find the optimal setting showing only biggest orders and meaningful levels of S/R. Of course every instrument has it's mood, you can filter 100 minimum pixel volume on ES but not on DAX

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43c064f39e7151e0b2e73e2ed51600b2.png

Ohh ffs i was so excited, in my office PC was working great

then i come back home, installed and i got this error

Any idea of what's wrong? Off course API are enabled

I've already reinstalled but nothing to do...bookmap works fine in replay mode, is not a license problem

Edited by Redbullish

Ohh ffs i was so excited, in my office PC was working great

then i come back home, installed and i got this error

Any idea of what's wrong? Off course API are enabled

I've already reinstalled but nothing to do...bookmap works fine in replay mode, is not a license problem

I've just checked it out with CQG Trader 7.0.107 and BM works ok...

So, the issue stays on your side...

Oh ok thanks i didnt know..now the CME is lowering down the tick in currencies...so 10 lvls of EuroFx now is like the old 5 pips

After they made the change it becomed still harder to read on the BM..and they'll do soon on Loonie too if i'm not wrong

That's why i was asking, but if the 10 levels limit are set by CME i guess there's nothing to do about :/

Oh ok thanks i didnt know..now the CME is lowering down the tick in currencies...so 10 lvls of EuroFx now is like the old 5 pips

After they made the change it becomed still harder to read on the BM..and they'll do soon on Loonie too if i'm not wrong

That's why i was asking, but if the 10 levels limit are set by CME i guess there's nothing to do about :/

You cannot get more than what the exchange is offering.

@Redbullish I advise you to just stare at the Dom for a while. See what goes on there. Look for heavy imbalances, violent hitters and their effects on the standing orders. Are those orders refreshed? Is size not moving the market for example. Are orders being pulled after size hit the bid or the offer? Then try to incorporate the visuals of intentions (orderbook limit orders). See if there are any levels that are beginning to form after a pullback, if stops are created. Think a lot about Stops (where might they be?)! See if there is any cluster of limit orders and if there is size front running those orders. You might also want to get a footprint chart up so that you see clearer where there was absorbing bids or offers in pre determined levels or traders getting sucked at buying the top of . Its imperative that you create a plan for the day. Be interested in price action levels like previous high/low, important swings, today's open, previous close. and also market profile levels VAH,VAL, POC (volume and time based), also see previous vwap and sigmas. Create range and volume statistics so you know where you are compared to the average day in that instrument . But you can also just trade with the dom for quick scalps based on momentum and volume.

Thank you for your good advices! Yeah i usually keep my candlestick intraday chart + volume profiles in the screen aside

I dnt like any kind of "average" so my referral S/R levels are mainly hi-lo (where stops are likely to be placed) and poc-vah-val

I also used footprints for a while but i find the volume dots on BM much more intuitive!

I also really enjoy the pure tick chart as i'm a big fan or clean price action, not pinbars but i mean interplay of the swings:

http://s33.postimg.org/xm7hlnt67/image.png

Before bookmap i was only guessing where supply/demand was resting, now i can see it!!

Cheers & good trading to everyone guys

Thank you for your good advices! Yeah i usually keep my candlestick intraday chart + volume profiles in the screen aside

I dnt like any kind of "average" so my referral S/R levels are mainly hi-lo (where stops are likely to be placed) and poc-vah-val

I also used footprints for a while but i find the volume dots on BM much more intuitive!

I also really enjoy the pure tick chart as i'm a big fan or clean price action, not pinbars but i mean interplay of the swings:

Before bookmap i was only guessing where supply/demand was resting, now i can see it!!

Cheers & good trading to everyone guys

Hi Redbullish....can you post the volume dots indie ???

Ok i've done some live paper session this week in NQ

Work best for me to visually drag & drop limits to closely follow price action, fixed ticks targets like ppl who trade from dom are too restricting imho... the thing is great as you can adapt much faster then other players...i usually exit manually but i would still like in any case to place an hard stop loss on open positions, something like 10 or 15 ticks each or a money stop loss on floating PnL, for emergency DC or just in fast market

-CQG Trader seems cant attach bracket/OCOs to positions opened by the BM, or i'm wrong?

-BM itself can only place stops manually with shift+click, that's ok but i lose the OCO functionality in case of disconnection

And an auto stop attached to every order filled would be better, any idea?

Ok i've done some live paper session this week in NQ

Work best for me to visually drag & drop limits to closely follow price action, fixed ticks targets like ppl who trade from dom are too restricting imho... the thing is great as you can adapt much faster then other players...i usually exit manually but i would still like in any case to place an hard stop loss on open positions, something like 10 or 15 ticks each or a money stop loss on floating PnL, for emergency DC or just in fast market

-CQG Trader seems cant attach bracket/OCOs to positions opened by the BM, or i'm wrong?

-BM itself can only place stops manually with shift+click, that's ok but i lose the OCO functionality in case of disconnection

And an auto stop attached to every order filled would be better, any idea?

Version 4.5

https://www.bookmap.com/release-notes/

New trading capabilities, including brackets, OCO, trailing stop and easier order modifications and handling.

... but CQG Trader/CQG IC is not supported anymore. :(

Does that mean it will not support ninja trader using CQG?

No. Ninja is still supported (although, it's rather strange, that they didn't put it in selector and it must be run with the start parameter: ninja@).

I wrote about the connection through CQG API. In the most recent release (4.5) there is supported only CQG Web API.

Hi, first let me say thank you for all the info here!!! I am scalping mainly 6E and 6A and sometimes 6B (before Brexit volatility). And want to ask if someone is doing the same with the help of BM? All the videos i saw are related to SaP NQ CL or TF, but nothink about 6E, when i look to the BM chart it also look very different from for example CL, it has too many significant (white) levels i could take the trade from, but It is not working for me as i thought. Just want to ask if someone is using it for intraday trading curencies? Thanks

I traded a lot Euro and Aussie spot, the volumes / lq of currencies on BM always looked little "dirty" ...

Ferrant Font btw trades the Euro sometimes in his webinars

My suggestion is to avoid tight scalping on forex but focus on a more relaxed intraday, like m30 or m15 timeframe

But is the best market to play news imho, watch the BM during an interest rate, a NFP or a FOMC, etc...

Follow the full session during the news day, and mark big liquidity levels discovered during the session but not reached yet

If they are not been touched before the news release, they'll likely be pretty close to a relevant intraday high / low, where probably a lot of stops will be placed. Now if your analysis suggest you to go in the direction with that LQ, you can just fade the movement when price will go there to hunt stops and fill LQ, if not just watch carefully the BM during news, book will empty and HFT usually turns off for a while, so in the first 5 minutes all fake liquidity will disappear leaving only real resting orders that are there to be filled, after 5 minutes from the release you can get a better idea of what going on, LQ will come back and so HFTs, after that, as soon as market slow down you can take awesome scalps, usually market will be nicely volatile for the next 1-2 hours

Edited by Redbullish

Hi, first let me say thank you for all the info here!!! I am scalping mainly 6E and 6A and sometimes 6B (before Brexit volatility). And want to ask if someone is doing the same with the help of BM? All the videos i saw are related to SaP NQ CL or TF, but nothink about 6E, when i look to the BM chart it also look very different from for example CL, it has too many significant (white) levels i could take the trade from, but It is not working for me as i thought. Just want to ask if someone is using it for intraday trading curencies? Thanks

I suggest you to play with brightness (lower it) and contrast as well as the white cut off to reduce white zones so it can underline those which historically are more meaningful