DAX Volume Profile Trading - Youtube

sparky99

like yall, I have looked for the perfect market profile tutorial blah blah balh....the best tutorial I have found so far is right here ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0kxlKPKtrY

from mark 30 to 31.20....amazingly that snippet finally brought it home for me....so simple but so effective..lol..people can't believe is that simple.... most of yal going to keep looking for the complicated 3-4 days long webinar with the very special secret sauce.....

seriously watch the vid 2-3 times bring up FDAX and do a replay watch the price action...etc....

this is what I picked up from the vid

1. trace your trend

2. look for trend break

3. enter short trade when price is below volume node..(vice versa for long)

4. Target is next node below....

5. Rinse and repeat.

anyway still watching and learning from Roland

let me know if this helps!!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here another example.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmeJrze5G0

watch from the beginning to mark 1:30 ...Here he did not draw a trend line but u can do that yourself ...he uses a moving average instead as a trend line (I think)

but notice that once the price breaks the upper volume node it goes straight the next volume node below and beyond....

I think, no courses on here, will teach you how to use volume profile like that YT trader does. His way to seeing things are a bit unique.

Of course Sharky...that is what we are trying to figure it out.

Chonpz...if you span the bottom time line on the chart then ACME profile change so when you say he takes the trade based on that. I think it is combination of long term trend (12 range), IB (he mostly trades after 1 hour passed), VWAP and after the days range is set. Then he also look at Market flow footprint. Now we have to figure it out the sequence of these, what he look at first to last till he place the order.

like yall, I have looked for the perfect market profile tutorial blah blah balh....the best tutorial I have found so far is right here ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0kxlKPKtrY

from mark 30 to 31.20....amazingly that snippet finally brought it home for me....so simple but so effective..lol..people can't believe is that simple.... most of yal going to keep looking for the complicated 3-4 days long webinar with the very special secret sauce.....

seriously watch the vid 2-3 times bring up FDAX and do a replay watch the price action...etc....

Dax and Stoxx have very rotational behavior (the one you can't find on currencies future ) thus it's more easy to apply AMT principles

At the end of the day it's just related to identify a balanced area and wait an undervalued area to do a responsive trade using whatever you want for confirmation (ma, hvn/lvn, cvd, book analysis), i know seems easy saying this way...

L2ST material it's very informative about auction market theory, you can find some of his material here on the forum

byez

http://www.finanzaonline.com/forum/attachments/forex/2168551d1446061810t-ot-eur-usd-con-il-volume-profile-fesx1215-eurex-cbv-60-min-3-2015-10-28-20_45_32.208.png

Lululee,

This is all contextual and you must understand the market and apply your analysis BEFORE the market gets there.

Very roughly the order is:

- make your analysis and set the levels BEFORE the session opens upon which you want to trade. If the market does not get to that levels, then no trading.

- Once market gets closer to the levels you identified you start looking to the head-ups for entering a trade.

- Once the heads-up is there, you look to Order Flow at that point for confirmation.

- Enter trade and exit at the levels which are part of your analysis you did BEFORE the session opens. Avoid any guessing or uncertainty while trading.

Of course you can/will adapt your trading during the session, but always within the framework of the analysis you made BEFORE the session opens. You can use multiple techniques for your analysis. But the combo market profile, volume profile, support/resistance levels, price action of last days is a good start base.

For confirmation you can use order flow or even a lagging technique using traditional indicator as you apply it only at the right time (as per your analysis).

In short: If you want to master this you need someone teaching and showing you this during endless hours, and repetition, in the real time market.

Or you must be a brilliant person so you can teach yourself, but I believe this will take much more time instead of using someone showing it to you.

Getting to YT's level may take several months, if not longer.

The so called YT trader (I assume it is the Amsterdam trader. By the way he earned his capital with something else than trading and he is not depending at all on trading) is not using a unique way of looking at the market or volume profile. So be confident you can get the same insight once you study enough. It is not mechanical and there is no indicator doing all this for you. I wrote before about possible resources for you if you want to go on this road.

Admis showed a link to L2ST. They have excellent videos you can watch for free.

See here for an overview and example of pre market analysis https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-XXgGo4kYec0vtSV1xku-w

You may also check YT trader YT channel with favourites and subscribtions as there are many videos there to watch (but be critical as not all of them seem as good as e.g. L2st stuff). https://www.youtube.com/user/rdiapari

Edited by profile

his this page says $29 a month http://www.trader-dante.com/premium.html not sure if this is right.

That is for recordings of his free webinars which he conducts every week. He have course which have both swing and intraday. He also have webinars for swing and intraday which costs £150 each. He has live trading room also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently "Trader From Amsterdam" has removed all his uploaded videos...

I feel privileged for having watched quite a few. Very impressive.

Edit: disregard, I can still find his videos on youtube, just not directly when I click on his username... strange.

Edited by cavok
Aditional info

• 5 weeks later...