Do you know any forex broker you ca scalp DAX CFD? I am using NT7 to MT4 bridge.

hirobo

Hi,

I am using NT7 demo with bridge to MT4. I can trade 6E, but I want somethink faster. I like to scalp DAX but do not want to pay 2500 USD margin for one contract on futures so I am using bridge to MT4. But with HotForex broker and Alpari I get not a good fill in fast move. Spread is about 3 pips, but when price is moving fast I win 10 pips on NT7 but hardly get 3 on MT4. Anyone using also NT7 to MT4 bridge for live trading?

Thanks

I guess you're not in the US as CFD trading is not done here. But I think you're doing the right thing in trading the 6E over Forex. Pay the margin cost, it's worth it for what you get trading a regulated product with low slippage and reasonable transaction fees. Scalping for 10 pips on a what you see is what you get basis is highly doable on the 6E. If you want more volatility then the CL is pretty tough to beat as the best all-around mover on a day in and day out basis.

I looked into all the Forex / MT4 stuff and, like you, cannot see any value in it from a short-term scalping basis UNLESS it's done from an excellent ECN like Interactive Brokers with many, many banks in their network, keeping your REAL slippage low and transaction fees small. At that point, it makes sense to stick with NT for the charting anyway.

About the only thing "out there" which is beginning to appeal to me other than regulated futures contracts is what Nadex (regulated but still only for US residents, eventually, that will change) offers in the form of fixed cost spreads. You can use them for daily cheap insurance as larger hedges on a futures or currency position or straight-out on their own as a low risk / high reward opportunity on something as simple as playing the highly volatile, weekly Petroleum Status Report on the CL.

Sorry, it is not my intent to lecture anyone on what to do with their money, only to inform. It's just that if I had little of it, I would save it for bigger and better things.