NT7 platform only with Ninjatrader broker?

hirobo

Hi,

I wanted to open new account by Globalfutures and they say that noone can give me NT7 platform from now. I have to use another like Xtrader or so. Or i have to open account directly by Ninja broker. Did someone have any further info please?

yes you can lease NT7 or buy life time license. With life time license you can save enough on commission that it pays for itself within year or less, depending on # of trades. I have this and I like the service ans support. They are very responsive.

Hirobo,

As far as I understand (after contacting AMP as well as the new Ninjatrader brokerage of Ninjatrader themselves):

- For futures NEW licenses can only be obtained via Ninjatrader brokerage.

- For futures Existing licenses, you can get upgrades to your current acquired Ninja license at your broker (provided they did/do Ninja) or Ninjatrader brokerage.

I wonder for how long futures brokers will be related to Ninja. Currently they can not sell new licenses of NInja and that implies that no new connections will be made to Ninja through CQG or other datafeeds to trade with. Ninjatrader brokerage clearly positions the old Continuum as the preferred handler for Ninja trader based orders.

That is why many broker who used to be huge Ninja fans, now suddenly offer many other and new platforms and reduce the marketing around Ninja. Personally I think it is a bad development for traders. It is always better to use a platform that is widely accepted, but also widely offered. As it looks now, I am afraid that in the end the only futures broker for Ninja will be Ninjatrader brokerage with the Continuum vehicle (ahum, we still remember what happened with them??) to trade through.

Ninjatrader brokerage wants the business for themselves as they stopped allowing other brokers to sell Ninja licenses. What that implies in reality is that NInja no longer allows for any new connections to other datastreams like CQG etc. - only Continuum via Ninja trader brokerage is allowed for new connections.

I do not think many brokers will invest in Ninja 8 training for their staff now they no longer can connect new traders to Ninja via e.g. CQG (or others) for trading . After all they earn their money with commissions on trading activities of traders. A Ford dealer who is told no longer to be able to sell Fords, will start selling other card brands and stop investing in training staff on new Ford models, the showroom will make place for other car brands and after sales will eventually disappear for Ford.

That is why I follow with great interest this Agena trader which uses the same C scripting language as Ninja and has the option to convert existing Ninja indicators (provided they are coded 100% according to the Ninja standards of coding). You may check the AMP website for old webinars on Agena. I am not related to AMP or Agena and no doubt also other great trading platforms do exist, but it seems like this Agena is very Ninja alike with scripting and converting existing Ninja indicators.

Even if you have an existing Ninja license, I would consider dropping the platform in the future. With the new Ninja 8 it is a great opportunity to do so as you can opt to either invest time and effort to learn the new Ninja 8 and have the conversion issues OR do the same efforts on another more open platform.

If you feel comfortable with Ninja trader brokerage and the business model they implement (no competition eventually with all the dangers) , as well as the Continuum vehicle: then the new Ninja trader brokerage is you way to go.

Personally for me it is very important:

- to maintain the good and trustworthy relationship with my current broker

- Know that some order types are handled server sided via Ninja with my brokers data supply

- to be alerted and realize I need to move away from Ninja in the future (If my local car dealer stops with Ford, my next new car will no longer be Ford)

Edited by profile