NT8 Vapor/Ghostware No More?

Darktrader

Finally, some definitive updated information from the company themselves. The long awaited news of the public beta release of Ninjatrader 8. I once asked our old forum friend,the dllmeister, atd to do a much needed webinar on "educating" NT7 indicators and their respective dlls. He nearly jumped at his monitor screen during a Skype session, and shouted "What for? When NT8 comes out, all NT vendors will use cloud based services! Die liao! Huh? Haha but you do see the point he's making.It really does sound the death knell for the NT "underground". Anyway you need to read this post at the Ninjatrader forum

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=73723 by Raymond Deux, NinjaTrader Founder & CEO.

Also,if you like, register and attend their Omnovia webinar to get details on how to get their free Beta Release.

https://ninjatrader.omnovia.com/register/64401430762560.

And also do read their

updated MajorEnhancements_NinjaTrader8.pdf

MajorEnhancements_NinjaTrader8.pdf (1.30MB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jspb7w

On a personal note, it will really have to improve by a gargantuan leap to prevent me from switching over to Omnitrader.Remains to be seen.I will pound them with questions on their webinar day.

Edited by Darktrader

...As I understand it NT will not "phase out" NT7 for the foreseeable future.

Mick

for one year? Don't believe they would want to continue to support two versions for very long.

How long did they keep NT6 after NT7 was released?

Edited by user33

They did say that NT8 will not be backward compatible and that NT7 indicators will not work on NT8, but that they will support NT7 for at least a year from the official release of NT8

They still supporting NT6....so I hope they support N!7 next 3 - 4 years.

Whereas 6.5 was a resource hog 7 is usable with only one processor thread if you don´t run too much indicators/charts/instruments and configure them to mostly calculate on bar close. So i hope it will be grandfathered some longer as doing the switch to 8 means you could also migrate to other softwares that can calculate the indicators one has learned to read.

For me it means to start out fresh again if there is no alternative to 7 after demoing so much last year and finally wanting to go live again. I also think that software and data/access to the exchange has to be independent as there might be some conflict of interest what concerns execution and data quality/delay.. I had very bad experiences with Metaquotes and GFT, hope this is not another step to profit off retail orderflow HFT wise.

I am just curious: what makes NT irreplaceable?

I can, and do, use other charting software to to the charting, but some discount broker execution platforms were restricted to NT, but that monopoly had been broken, with more discount brokers now support Sierra Chart as execution platform, others support OEC platform and Rythmics platform, they are all FREE, unlike NT.

The only thing that I need NT for as of now, is J*S* DOM.

The "code breaking" aspect of NT8 is the biggest concern I have. I will likely hang on to NT7 until the end and beyond. I have a stable trading platform and plan as it is currently, without the need to "upgrade" to NT8. As I understand it NT will not "phase out" NT7 for the foreseeable future.

Cheers!

Mick

tryitagainmf did you attend the webinar? If you currently have something good going on with NT7.I don't think you have anything to worry about.The way they handled their webinar and the feeling I got from it is that these fellas have their work cut out for them with NT8 and that I figure they will have mass production of their official release only at the end of this year or very possibly next year.NT7 will still rule the roost for the next 2/3 years in my opinion.So make your money now,while the making's good.At least that's what I sensed from Ray "I'm not a hot-key guy" Deux's tortured and unconvincing webinar.

Someone appeared distributive NT 8 beta?

The initial NinjaTrader 8 Beta was released to a closed group of users handpicked by NT.

On their site,"As we have done in beta of past major versions, it is important that the initial release is closely monitored and that known showstopper issues are identified and resolved before a general public beta release. The initial group of beta testers includes both power users and partners who have independently signed agreements to test the software helping us prepare to deliver the best possible public beta experience."

Btw, here are Ninza's(Larry) own views and thoughts on NT8 and he also thinks it won't be in the mainstream for some time http://ninza.co/ninjatrader-8

I once asked our old forum friend,the dllmeister, atd to do a much needed webinar on "educating" NT7 indicators and their respective dlls. He nearly jumped at his monitor screen during a Skype session, and shouted "What for? When NT8 comes out, all NT vendors will use cloud based services! Die liao! Huh? Haha On a personal note, it will really have to improve by a gargantuan leap to prevent me from switching over to Omnitrader.Remains to be seen.I will pound them with questions on their webinar day.

HA!:)) I really do miss that ATD. Nice guy and a wizard with a dll file but misunderstood here.He basically told me the same thing but I had to explain to him that NinjaScript is in C#,even in NT8, so the programming environment would approximate to the same.

Btw, Brad Omnitrader? Any reason why that particular platform? Because as I recall, they primarily cater to the stock market, not the futures.

Edited by CashManic

HA!:)) I really do miss that ATD. Nice guy and a wizard with a dll file but misunderstood here.He basically told me the same thing but I had to explain to him that NinjaScript is in C#,even in NT8, so the programming environment would approximate to the same.

Btw, Brad Omnitrader? Any reason why that particular platform? Because as I recall, they primarily cater to the stock market, not the futures.

Yeah Cash, ATD himself is now using Sierra Charts. I had a look at a few other platforms and decided on Omnitrader because of their constant commitment to develop new and effective systems, add-ons and plug-ins for OT users.Yes it'a mainly stocks with them but they also do support the futures market.

Check here

https://www.omnitrader.com/products/plugins/overview.aspx

ATD was angry because he sensed it was too late to create and market such webinars because he was fed up with NT's new approach with their vendor partners cloud based server side operation which would make cracking/education of their systems/indicators become practically impossible. What do you think Cash? Still viable to stick with NT?

Darktrader I agree with you. Omnitrader is a good trading software. There is a chance to get it educated ?

Well laser,I think it would be better to just purchase (or lease)the current version of the platform which comes with many free external plug-in modules. Comparitively cheaper than NT7/8 live versions. And of course we can always purchase the other external plug-ins from the many "underground" resellers. Most of the plug-ins are really very "no-brainer" profitable! The only problem I can foresee is finding a futures brokerage that supports OT. I will keep you updated.

Yeah Cash, ATD himself is now using Sierra Charts. I had a look at a few other platforms and decided on Omnitrader because of their constant commitment to develop new and effective systems, add-ons and plug-ins for OT users.Yes it'a mainly stocks with them but they also do support the futures market.

Check here

ATD was angry because he sensed it was too late to create and market such webinars because he was fed up with NT's new approach with their vendor partners cloud based server side operation which would make cracking/education of their systems/indicators become practically impossible. What do you think Cash? Still viable to stick with NT?

What about Metatrader4 or Metatrader5....lots of free stuff is available for those too and they are lot more popular ?????

:)

Check here

Yup I have always known about OT and their amazing plug-ins and modules.But how do you find their new updated Omnitrader 2015 version? Are you comfortable using all the features in analysis? Their Heiken-Ashi, Fibonacci Trader Extension ,Hurst Cycle Trader and Advanced Cycle Trader charting modules look really good.Sure. If you find that you gravitate well to OT, then give it a shot!

On the other hand,is it still viable to stick with NT? I would say definitely! Initially, it might incur a steep learning curve, but all well worth it in the end.:)

Well laser,I think it would be better to just purchase (or lease)the current version of the platform which comes with many free external plug-in modules. Comparitively cheaper than NT7/8 live versions. And of course we can always purchase the other external plug-ins from the many "underground" resellers. Most of the plug-ins are really very "no-brainer" profitable! The only problem I can foresee is finding a futures brokerage that supports OT. I will keep you updated.

I've found (unfortunately old) some add-ons for Omnitrader. I hope they are useful.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/phqfv6