Indicators Sharing & Chart Templates

timein

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much again for your sharing spirit.

I just have one question for you: you have said that you have been around the futures market for a long time, but it looks like you always have the belief that "indicators" work, have you asked yourself, why is that large financial institutions, hedge funds, and pros, don't use indicators? after all, they are smart money, they are run by people who are smarter than most of us retail traders, and they have more money than us, why do we want to do something in trading that smart money had always avoid?

User33 I for one don’t have a multi-million dollar account if I did do you think I would be in this forum. So why would you even think of making that comparison, I use indicators for confirmation to get in or out of a trade and overall trend direction. Besides large financial institutions and hedge funds have the ability to trade them self’s out of a position if there wrong. Don’t kid yourself for a minute when you hear people talk about the pros don’t use indicators that is BS. They all use indicators of some sort or another weather its fib levels MD’s SMA for 50, 100, and 200, day moving average or some other indicator. Every trader has their own style of trading and you can only be a successful trader by doing whatever works for you. There are pro traders on the floor of the CME that do live broadcast and they are calling the markets live and I have personally seen their charts and watch there trading style. You can believe that kind of talk if you like. I would like to see that for myself live where someone has an absolute blank chart and trades successful. If you know of anyone that can do that please let me know.

He didn't, and none of these are indicators by the way.

simply put:

indicators involve some manipulations of price and volume, footprint chart and volume profile just show price and volume, no manipulation is done to them, hence, they are not indicators

pnf is a chart type, not an indicator

FT does not use pnf nor footprint chart types

what is the address of his website? there is FT71 website comes up when i search google is it the one you are talking about?

Can't find NTrenko bars.

Import worked fine, any help?

After installing NTrenko bars you will find this bar type listed under data series.

Next just load MTFBarDirection by simply going to file Utility Import NinjaScript

There is a new file I posted #28 for this indicator.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nkvs80

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20141024-uuwm-92kb

Edited by timein

BTW, after installing the package I am having problems with OFA, the OFA bars just gone from the list of bar types, yesterday I did manage to make it work somehow, today after restart they gone again...Hmmm. My suspicion is the NTrenko bars.

I just installed an indicator and the same thing happen to me. Just the opposite as what happen to you. After installing the indicator I lost NTrenko Bars I had to go back and remove the indicator and restore NTrenko bars. I have no idea how that happens or why.

BTW, after installing the package I am having problems with OFA, the OFA bars just gone from the list of bar types, yesterday I did manage to make it work somehow, today after restart they gone again...Hmmm. My suspicion is the NTrenko bars.

Bars can be difficult to work with. The best idea is to leave them alone once you get everything working correctly.

Make sure that you are compiling and restarting Ninja everytime you make a change. Also, try switching to 32 bit from 64 or visa versa and back when you make your corrections. Do you have the indicator that shows you the slots that the different bar type are occupying?

W.

Many times mentioned earlier about available slot bars in NT and potential conflicts with different implementations of bars.

PeriodTypes: OFA= NTRenko=Custom9

These NTrenko bars only work on 64bit ...

There is nothink like that! 99% percent of addons for Ninjatrader have the same 32 and 64 bit binaries. The only difference is the name of file. Is it such tough to teach and remember? You can just omit the suffix .X86 or .X64 and leave only ONE dll file in the folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\

You can always check it by yourself using the old command: (first of all run: cmd)

fc /B file.x86 file.x64.dll

---

fc - file compare

Edited by admis

NTRenko bars in the source form to enable changing the default PeriodType=Custom9 to any other available from the sets {Custom0..Custom9} {Final0..Final4}

All your changes in the source has to be done using outside editor (like notepad).

After importing into NT, the source: NTRenkoCandle.cs you can find in the folder:

C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\. To compile "Type sources" after changes, open in NT (Tools->Edit NinjaScript>Indicator) any indicator from the list and compile it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/anuu1j

Gom & ncatOpeningTick

Here is the Gom MP1.0 through 1.5

The latest ncatOpening Tick indicator I use it on a 5min chart- just change opening bar time in Parameters to 930. You can also change Plots Colors to what works for you. Price will trade back or to these areas- these are strong value areas. Open a 30min / 60min, chart to see where these levels are.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/91mopc