Cumulative Delta

V2xvix

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested live forward yeaterday and today with renkospe 4-1 and it was a a winner in yesterday's trendday but a nearly consistent looser today. It needs large directional moves.

Same old song. Needs a long and strong trend. Unfortunately, those show up about 15% of the time. In non-trending markets, these things devour accounts.

Might be really cool to start playing around with bh.

Adding some filters for trend or volume, different rules on entry/exits etc. might help improving the strategy idea. Thanks for sharing btw!

To find the outputs and the type of custom indis (if any existed) and to use them in bh strats was a pain at least in last year's version and so i stopped trying to test ideas.

Edited by k33

I used PBF (Paint Bar factory) 13/17HMA directional bars, EMA 62 as trend on a SR2.0 Bars at 4-1. The MA seems to help with chop on days like today. Use Acme Volume Profile to keep out the profilers way, and used a 50 fib to stay out of Fib chop areas. I just looked at the trades for a few days on the ugly YM and they looked good. BTW, when I look at a system, I always use the YM, if it looks good there then the TF, CL should be good also.

Same old song. Needs a long and strong trend. Unfortunately, those show up about 15% of the time. In non-trending markets, these things devour accounts.

I did not test it on replay...only did a visual...since thats how I trade...I do not use the Renko Spec 2.0 bars....but slippage has to be at least 1 tick in and out on replay.

Use bars and MA cross for signal....then wait....wait for a pullback to MA for support, or take next continuation bar cross. Yellow bar to Blue-long, or red for short. The key it taking trades based on S/R of the 62 EMA. Best trades happen when price hits the MA as a pullback, then resumes the trend. I use Market Profile to see where possible Longer term S/R areas are for probable targets.

are the entry signals lagging ? slippage ?

@yamantaka, do you suggest CD ? there any strat profitabale based on it ?

I have no experience with CD, nor MP. I feel that if MP had value, all users would be doing very well since it has been around for a long time and there are lots of materials and indicators out there. I wonder if the developers themselves--Dalton et al, are consistently profitable.

I think this thread has gotten way off topic for a true CD user. I have used CD as one of my main decision points for well over 3 years, and for me it works very well. I can tell you that there is no system with the exception of considerable SCREEN TIME. There are some decent educational material out there like Fulcrum traders to get you started, but truth be told... understanding the subtle nuances of divergence/accumalation/ect and when it can be best applied can only be learned visually and mostly when pairing it with one specific product as CD tends to behave quite differently from one product to another.

As for me there are other volume factors that accompany my decision such as "balance development" of the current RTH daily VP, a composite Volume Profile and an order flow ladder to confirm absorption/accumulation/follow thru in and around lvn's\hvn's or POC's, some Fib areas, ect..., but they are only there as confirmation on what I see happening on the screen as CD starts to develop. I am an old school trader and maybe some may disagree but I consider volume to be king. I use no indicators ( I dont consider CD/Volume and indicator) just pure volume to show me where areas of interest are or aren't. Volume does not lie... it can be a simple as that, but, as I said, I think it all requires considerable screen time. I see all these crazy indicators come and go.. people searching for the holy grail ( not that I havent tried some of them myself), relying on a some indicator that they dont truly understand how it works to tell them when to trade.. just blows my mind. No disrespect intended to those of you that do understand the fundamental workings of your indicators.

You have to remember almost all of these indicators rely on three factors...time, volume and/or price.....master those fundamentals and you yourself can be your own best indicator.

Hi guys,

Does anyone using Gom CD & Recorder Indicator ?

Yes, by far one of the best.

Edited by khnco

KHNCO- very very very very very good, wish people here will listen to you.

That is an excellent view of trading although i am not crazy about cd- its just too slow for me.

I use price which encompass everything - i dont care about time and thats why i use renko spectrum that ignores time.

Price at a certain level will tell you everything and there is no need to guess or use any indicators.

Your post is like fresh cold water in a desert of dead and useless indicators.

Thanks

Jane

Dear Khnco,

I do share your point of view, I am too from the old generation of traders who believe only on volume. This the fuel of the market.

I am currently using Sierra Chart for watching CD & CQG Feed. There are a lot of points of view regarding which feeds are the best for Foot Print & CD.

From your experience, could you please advice us on your set-up (platform, data feed, using up& down ticks, volume, reversal, etc.).

Gom not easy to use, if you can give us some tips ( ladder, recorder, CD, etc.)

KHNCO- very very very very very good, wish people here will listen to you.

That is an excellent view of trading although i am not crazy about cd- its just too slow for me.

I use price which encompass everything - i dont care about time and thats why i use renko spectrum that ignores time.

Price at a certain level will tell you everything and there is no need to guess or use any indicators.

Your post is like fresh cold water in a desert of dead and useless indicators.

Thanks

Jane

Thank you Traderbeauty

Dear Khnco,

I do share your point of view, I am too from the old generation of traders who believe only on volume. This the fuel of the market.

I am currently using Sierra Chart for watching CD & CQG Feed. There are a lot of points of view regarding which feeds are the best for Foot Print & CD.

From your experience, could you please advice us on your set-up (platform, data feed, using up& down ticks, volume, reversal, etc.).

Gom not easy to use, if you can give us some tips ( ladder, recorder, CD, etc.)

I will put together something and post it here later in the week. For now I can tell you that I have only used NT that I run thru Kinetick data feed. Its good data, unfiltered and never had issue with them. I've not used Sierra or CQG so I cant speak for them.