Equivolume Boxes

Traderbeauty

I highly recommend you to read anna's book, its very simple to understand; not complicated and has solid simple to understand rules.

I have been tring to use volume at price indicators to validate my entries- the problem with these indicators that are showing us the delta or the buys and sell at the bid or ask is that they dont show us the orders that got filled at limit so many times i see a huge amount of sellers and yet the market is going up causing the indicator to be unreliable.

One of the issues that are being mentioned using bid/ask indis is that if we have a lot of buyers and the market does not go up then they reverse and go short- but this is a bunch of bs, this is not a rule or something you can trade by.

Looking at volume - simple volume on a 1 or 2 minutes is showing us the ENTIRE volume and its amazing how accurate it is.

You can tell most of the time if a level is going to break of not- will try to post some images later today.

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San- seems to me that you have too many type of bars-

you have to remember that the market view is what gets you the direction and thus the entries at different levels.

All the bar type is doing is to present the info clearly, so one type or renko is not better than the other one, and having 10 types of bars will not turn on the light,

renko spectrum is very very good, i dont think you need more than that.

Meybe the different bar types are causing the problem, i remember Admis mentioning that in the past- but this is Admis place - i have no idea about this stuff lol.

Just a side comment and not meant to discredit Ms. Coulling's VPA work, but doesn't it seem a little odd she focused 2 out of her 3 books on the Forex market when volume is so crucial to her decision-making process? I've never traded the Forex but it's my understanding that it's just a conglomeration of banks offering up bids and offers of currency pairs ON THEIR OWN with no centralized, regulated exchange to give everyone the complete picture of what the total volume actually is at any given point in time. Now, Bob Volman's "Forex Price Action Scalping" is probably THE best, practical trading book of advice that I've ever read, regardless of his focus on the Forex, so I guess I can be a fan of both, just not the market they decided to focus on.

My advice to Ms. Coulling: trade the ES since knowledge of total volume is your big thing and it can take whatever you can afford to handle.

My advice to indo-ites: watch TraderBeauty apply Ms. Coulling's techniques to her style of trading on the ES!

Thanks IBF

In her book she she is saying that there is no volume on the forex but as a substitute you can use tick volume that gives you the same results.

the tick volume is acting as simulated volume - i never tried it because i dont trade forex so i cant really comment on that.

All i can say is that using this very simple technique on a 1 or 2 minutes can help you a lot to enter and to stay in ( ES - no idea about other instruments ).

Will post some images later.

Traderbeauty-Jane

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

we are all still waiting for some images Traderbeauty, :)

i trade Forex mostly and indeed there is no central exchange

what instrument you trade depends on where you live

and what market you started off with, when you were introduce to trading

im from the UK and within Europe Forex and CFD trading is much more popular than Futures yet again

CFD trading mirrors the futures market and doesnt have the FIFO rule, so if you trade CFD or FOREX you can hedge your positions

the futures market is much more popular in North America

and what differs Forex from futures is if you have a vsmall account size

Forex trading is very much fav

we are all still waiting for some images Traderbeauty, :)

i trade Forex mostly and indeed there is no central exchange

what instrument you trade depends on where you live

and what market you started off with, when you were introduce to trading

im from the UK and within Europe Forex and CFD trading is much more popular than Futures yet again

CFD trading mirrors the futures market and doesnt have the FIFO rule, so if you trade CFD or FOREX you can hedge your positions

the futures market is much more popular in North America

and what differs Forex from futures is if you have a vsmall account size

Forex trading is very much fav

You didn't say the magic word.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...