Equivolume Boxes

Traderbeauty

Anyone knows or heard about these ? or about CANDLESTICK VOLUME ?

Would love to try this type of chart if someone is kind enough to share.

Its a very good way to present volume and price together.

It can show you when price has a big move with low volume that points to an anomaly and a possible fake move etc.

Thanks in advance

Traderbeauty-Jane

Edited by Traderbeauty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows or heard about these ? or about CANDLESTICK VOLUME ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n88mi1

Unpack CandleVol.cs from the uploaded zip file. Copy it into the folder:

c:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\

Then you have to compile ANY indicator you have installed:

NT -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator... (from the list choose ANY indicator you can see there...). After it is loaded, press F5 to compile it (at the same time CandleVol.cs will be also compiled ).

Re-run NT. CandleVol is NOT another chart type! It works as a chart style with each bar type (... at least it should...).

To find it: Open a Data Series window on your chart (Ctrl-F), search for the section: Chart Style, from a combo box select CandlestickVol.

Cheers,

Edit: Below it's the screenshot, how it looks. (default setting)

http://s2.postimg.org/76ztl9fux/vol2.png

Edited by admis

If you did everything properly what I've described above, select your chart and press: <ALT> <up/down ARROW> to expand/shrink the bars...

btw: My nick here, on the I-I forum, is admis not admin, but admin isn't also stranger to me... ;)

GM admin ops admis!!

<ALT> <up/down ARROW> to expand/shrink the bars now work fine!!

sorry again Admis

WOW

Thanks so much, Thank you Admis, its working like a charm, will test it later and see if it has any capacity to help us in our trading.

Does anybody know if there is EQUIVOLUME BOX for ninja.

Thanks

Traderbeauty-Jane

Looking to hearing from you on this TB.

Edited by yamantaka

WOW

Thanks so much, Thank you Admis, its working like a charm, will test it later and see if it has any capacity to help us in our trading.

Does anybody know if there is EQUIVOLUME BOX for ninja.

Thanks

Traderbeauty-Jane

HI TB--is it not the same thing?? I don't know --why asking--If possible will u show the difference between the 2?

Thanks in advance

Take care

no- its not the same- its totally different .

I highly recommend you to read this short book- at least the first part of it.

At last i found a simple way to combine volume with my analysis.

I use 1 and 2 minutes chart with plain volume on the es and it helps me stay in the trade or when i get to a level and i look for support from the volume, its amazing how well its working and how simple it is.

I just could not deal with market profile etc- could not see straight rules.

Please read this book- its well worth it.

Description of the bars i asked for is at the end.

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/24510-A-Complete-Guide-To-Volume-Price-Analysis-by-Anna-Coulling?highlight=Anna+Coulling

I use 1 and 2 minutes chart with plain volume on the es and it helps me stay in the trade or when i get to a level and i look for support from the volume, its amazing how well its working and how simple it is.

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/24510-A-Complete-Guide-To-Volume-Price-Analysis-by-Anna-Coulling?highlight=Anna+Coulling

Howdy TB thanks for ur response and link --what I am looking for is from ur perspective show me---upload images of the difference in what admis graciously provided(Thank U)

and a pic of the difference in what u speak of---(Candle vol vs equivolume) personally see no diff---- Is it the same??? If yes great!!

If no post for me some pics( the reason I ask for pics is I am 1 of those that relates to images better than text when comparing.....

thanking u in advance--- and apologies if being construed as stubborn--not meant to be...

Edited by newbie0101

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

Have you tired emailing Anna? Perhaps she has access to the bars you seek.

There are some difference between EquiVolume and Candle VOL

for example :

1. Candle Vol keep the wicks ; Equivolume Boxe package all the wicks for the name-BOX

2. X axis of Equivolume is Volume while Xais of Candle Vol is time

3. Candle Vol include 3D info - Price Volume Time

Equivolume just contains 2D info -Price Volume

Since Anan learn more from Wyckoff

Wyckoff is one grandmaster of Price and Volume

if Wyckoff live now , he would love Candle Vol rather than EquivolumeBox

if Wyckoff marrid market profile now

..... ;)

as far as Equivolume for Ninjatrader , there is a candidate

indicatorwareh0use.cm/new-video-dynamic-volume-bars-indicator-for-ninjatrader/

Newbie- just got back home and there is a new game of thrones episode waiting for me lol so will post tomorrow with some images and feedback,

i cannot post equivolume images because i dont have it but will post some good volume confirmation on 1 and 2 minutes right at an entry for you to see.

Yamantaka- going to email anna for that but also have some other questions for her- like- how does she deal with the change of volume during the open- meaning it opens with high volume that goes down after few minutes- that does not mean that the move is strong or weak, i also want to ask her what time frame she thinks we should use- i will definitely not going to use 10 or 15 minutes on the es.

Thank you guys and will talk tomorrow.

good trading

Jane

An illustration to windo description: (http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:equivolume)

http://stockcharts.com/school/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=chart_school:chart_analysis:equivolume:eqvo-1-example.png

I suppose, Jane is looking for this kind of presentation and confirmations of S/R (in the shorter timeframe, M1):

http://stockcharts.com/school/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=chart_school:chart_analysis:equivolume:eqvo-4-catbreak.png

Hi admis, I did all as instructed by you and compiled successfully but I don't know why it's not showing in Chart Style 'CandlestickVol'.

Thanks,

san

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n88mi1

Unpack CandleVol.cs from the uploaded zip file. Copy it into the folder:

c:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\

Then you have to compile ANY indicator you have installed:

NT -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator... (from the list choose ANY indicator you can see there...). After it is loaded, press F5 to compile it (at the same time CandleVol.cs will be also compiled ).

Re-run NT. CandleVol is NOT another chart type! It works as a chart style with each bar type (... at least it should...).

To find it: Open a Data Series window on your chart (Ctrl-F), search for the section: Chart Style, from a combo box select CandlestickVol.

Cheers,