F@ctr@ Trading

yamantaka

San-In this case what you do is look at a higher time frame- for example renko 4-1 or 8-2 and normally you can find out the answer.

If the picture is not clear then just dont trade just wait.

See how many signals the fracta gave and none of them is good compared to the few navi gave.

If you look at the small legs you can clearly see that we have lower lows lower highs on the left part- then the market made a higher low followed by a higher high which means you should go long.

just look at the small legs- they will tell you everything.

Jane, thanks for your comments. I gave this screenshot only for comparison of two systems. For me, both of them cannot be used as trigger because of lags... (Look at the magenta and lime dots - it's my small extension to navi to see a real signals.) Factra - not even worth talking about... Edited by admis

Jane, thanks for your comments. I gave this screenshot only for comparison of two systems. For me, both of them cannot be used as trigger because of lags... (Look at the magenta and lime dots - it's my small extension to navi to see a real signals.) Factra - not even worth talking about...

@admis, have you found any trigger methods that don't have some element of lag? I don't know of any the signals precisely pick tops and bottoms of the at the close of the bar in realtime (as opposed to hindsight.)

Please, don't force me to make a lecture on price action and filtering signals...It's not my own theory. Shortly saying, there are many approaches to achieve desired goals. Even alone bars can be a triggers (especially renko bars).

In this case, NaviTrend is non magical tool. It is actually the indicator, using universal PivotFinder to find peaks and tops like any other swing indicator. Those signals are then filtered by NaviBars (kind of HikenAshi) to find direction of trend and by KeltnerChannel to find edges of the channel and behavior of price (Lows & Highs) on those edges. Of course the filtering process can be expanded (Jane is using the Fibonacci, you've introduced SMA(50))

Everyone can track the process by putting on your chart the PivotFinder indicator with the parameters (default for NaviTrend):

(15, Intermediate, SwingNoDuplicate, 0.02, 0.2, 0.02, 2, 0.0), NaviBars and KeltnerChannel. Try to compare the results to NaviTrend.

I didn't say NaviTrend is completely wrong. It only delays the signals, but it can be tweaked/optimized.

http://s30.postimg.org/wgq64ln9d/navi_track.png

Edited by admis

Thanks Admis. Nice chart and good explanation.

Was watching factra in real time-and as someone said before- waste of time, its one bar behind navi for signaling.

The problem with all these called indicators is that they paint the signals back to the tops and bottoms giving the illusion of amazing signals while in reality they are 3 or 4 bars delayed.

So dont bother with this one and lets continue the search for the perfect one that will make us millions ...

Traderbeauty-Jane

Take it easy, mate. ;) I've understood it very well. But it is the million dollar question...

Everything what I care is not introduce more than 1 bar lag for the trigger and use smart filters. Navi takes you 2 bars if you are not making an orders in advance (like elgaza did it mostly, for example)...It concerns scalping of course, but an orderflow trader could limit this assumption even to 1 tick for a thick instruments.

Edited by admis

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...