N@vi Trend trades

yamantaka

Let's use this thread to post our setups using NaviTrend as the primary input. I want to thank Traderbeauty for opening my eyes to the power of this "indicator" even though we use it a bit differently.

Here are my rules for entries on ES. I do trade other instruments but they can move very fast and then getting a fill becomes a challenge. I hope to create an autotrader for this setup when my coder returns from his honeymoon. Until then, I trade it manually.

1) Use RJRS 2-1 and the NT default Keltner channel indicator.

2) Only take 2 trades in the same direction before a change in direction. ES has a tendency to back and fill and taking more than 2 trades is a stretch.

3) Only take Limit or Stop Limit orders. No market orders--you always give up $12.50 in slippage.

4) Only take a trade if the 50 SMA confirms the trend and avoid the trade is the 50 is flat. I use the RightLine 50 for this. Red short, green long.

5) If the price has moved more than 13 points from the bottom or top use caution in taking the trade as price might be extended. Unfortunately, this calls for discretion.

6) Avoid short leg retracements less than 4 ticks.

7) Don't front run the painting of NaviTrend triangle unless you know exactly where it will print. Premature entries will get your fingers burned. However, with experience you can trade COBC=False but COBC=True is safer.

8) Go all in and all out. In the long term this will be more profitable than scaling and trailing. I take 4 ticks and close the trade. Better to do this and add more contracts as your account grows.

9) Don't be a friggin hog. Set reasonable daily profit/loss goals and then STOP FOR THE DAY.

Happy Muthers Day to all you Muthers.

Edited by yamantaka

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you yamantaka for taking the initiative starting this thread and for your previous contributions to this forum. Looking forward to what this thread might become in the near future.

You're welcome. Starting a thread is easy; but it takes lcontributions from the community to give it value. And, as I mentioned in my first post, this is really TraderBeauty's baby. I just simplified it to my style. I'm sure TB will be happy to contribute here for those who are looking for a more sophisticated method employing fibs and other variables.

Hi everybody,

I created a chart template with your indications, in order to semplify the setting work to everybody...

I added only: RTH session pivots, current and prior days OHLC and grey background (to relax eyes :-))

I post a screenshot and download links (for template and used indicators)...

Do not give importance to hours in the graph (here is GMT+1 then -6h from NYC)... Here I put in data series => session template => instrument setting default so in USA you don't have to change session template, but don't worry if OHLC and Pivots here are not correct...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cr6afb.jpg

Here you go!

http://www.s€€€€€ndspa@@@@ce.c0000m/file/a51uyi

ok so here is my opinion regarding the renko spectrum - old vs new.

first- i want to make sure that i am referring to the right new one- according to what i see - its name is Rjay Renkospectrum 2.0 PSSC - so please let me know if that is the new one .

I checked and compared them both and i am favoring the old one. its smoother and easier to the eye.

As per bars which is the most important fact for me - meaning red or green - they are THE SAME, meaning - you have the same bar color on both and this is - at least for me the most important thing. if i am long i will trail my stop using the renko- it works great on the ES at least and there is not reason to exit unless there is a red renko spectrum bar.

But here is the SECOND most important issue for everyone that is using the navi signals- THE NEW RENKO SPECTRUM IS FIRING MORE SIGNALS AND MOST OF THEM ARE LOSERS with not justification.

So bottom line- stick to the old renko spectrum- its very good and it aint broken lol so dont fix it.

Hope that helps.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Going to post few examples that will help in maintaining profitability using this method.

Here is a devastating area, if you traded this on friday for almost 20 minutes you would LOSE so much that by 10:10 am you gonna be puking and sick to the bottom of your heart blaming the market, the feds, the automated trading computers and everything else BUT YOURSELF lol. ( sorry just going back in memories... ).

If you used ANY software that is being sold in the market your entries would be delayed- and by the time you went long its time to short etc.

SO HOW DO WE AVOID SUCH A DISASTER ?

So lets take it apart and go through each of the solutions.

1)- as yamantak instructed- go only in the ma direction- so this will save you the agoing of going long and lose.

2)-here is my solution (that is for you GAVESTO- we are waiting for the indicator that will do that automatically )- DO NOT TAKE AN ENTRY UNLESS YOU COUNT AT LEAST A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BARS BETWEEN THE LEGS.

This is something that you wont find in any book or any guru's bible- they all use ATR and space industry sophisticated indicators that by the time they tell you we are copping around oh well- its too late lol.

so just look how the item you trade is behaving- count the bars between green and red and find out what is the safest for an entry- meaning- you wont go long on an upward market UNLESS you got a retracement of at least xxx red bars. very simple and easy to understand and execute.

3)- this is the way i trade so you can take it or leave it lol.

i hardly use any indicators and if i do its just for fun or for visual confirmation. ENTER ONLY IF YOU GOT THE SIGNAL AT A PERFECT FIB LEVELS NOT AHEAD AND NOT IF THEY WERE BREACHED.

again- you will not find that anywhere so treat this is precious information and use it .

lets look at friday- i KNEW that i am looking to short- BUT.... once we got to the 38 i did not get a signal - look at the chart- SO I WAITED FOR A SIGNAL AT THE NEXT LEVEL WHICH WAS 50.

once i got the signal i shorted with a small stop above last high. i expected a much lower move but as i saw that we have a 1 tick diversion between the two bottoms and we got a higher low around 10:08 i just got out with a profit. as for the noise- I DID NOT CARE ABOUT IT- i had my stop above at 67.5 and each time we got a new pivot high i lowered my stop one tick above.

Hope that helps.

Traderbeauty-Jane

http://i.imgur.com/2h1r4ey.jpg

Jane:

Can you please specify specifically how you entered and exited the above trade mentioned? Can you please specify on the chart where your entry, stop and exit/target was?

Also please: What type of orders did you use, was there a NT ATM Strategy involved with a predetermined target and stop (is so what was it)?

Thank you Jane,

L

Lisa- all my orders other than stops are LIMIT- never chase the market ; and if it moves away too fast for a good fill then either forget about this entry or wait till it comes closer for you so you can get a better entry.

I wait for the navi to trigger and then i enter few ticks above, that is why i only trade the ES , almost always ( not at the open of course ) you can get a good fill 2 or 3 ticks above or bellow the signal, my stop is 1 tick bellow/ above/ last high/ low - so normally it will be 3-4 ticks.

i never use atm, no need with the es.

i exited half at the double bottom and the rest i was aiming at a fib extension 1.618 which obviously i never got.

regarding the stop trailing- as i explained before- you cannot use any of these BS paining dots , its worthless, it will work beautifully when the move is fast and strong, but on a chop area you will exit too early.

Jane