[REQ] Educated OrderFlow Tools

Bill Bundle

Like you know, footprint charts only show the markets orders, but don't show you the limits orders that were trying to trade at this areas.

it shows all trades executed at each price level when market was at bid or at ask. If you placed a buy limit order and it got filled, it shows on the bid side, if you placed a sell limit order and it got filled, it shows on the ask side. EVERY LIMIT ORDER traded is showed in footprint charts!

Again, you don't had to agree with me.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it shows all trades executed at each price level when market was at bid or at ask. If you placed a buy limit order and it got filled, it shows on the bid side, if you placed a sell limit order and it got filled, it shows on the ask side. EVERY LIMIT ORDER traded is showed in footprint charts!

Again, you don't had to agree with me.

Hi @user33

we are agree in that, maybe my english is not so much correct and my explanations can seems wrong. Apologize for that. What i was trying to say is if the markets is trading at 1884,25 and 1884,50 you need to know what buyers and sellers are asking or bidding at this areas and knowing that. Only looking at a dom you can see the limits orders. You can see the size and looking at a Time and sales you can see the time it takes to pull it.

This is what i wanted to say, a footprint chart it's a part on the orderflow puzzle.

http://screencast.com/t/m9I8mOyaBX

this is why i have this three components when i look at orderflow trading. But of course, is the way i trade, not the best but for me is enough

Edited by kavalan

No, it's the edsvollevel2

Hi kavalan sorry if U have already provided as I did not do extensive research....

Is it possible you share the indicators and a template so all have same settings as U for the screenshots you have graciously provided?

Thanks in advance---again apologies if U have already shared them as stated above "did not do my due diligence"

Post if U will

Take care!

Hi,

General question:

http://screencast.com/t/nGC9Mx5Pv

this is a trade i took few minuts back. Let me know if you see what reasons i have for take this short trade. Can be nice if we can discuss about reasons more than the trade.

Thanks for your posts interesting learning about order flow. were these some of your reasons for the trade?

http://www.screencast.com/t/2ID0QKvI

Also forgot to add in screenshot, your entry candle is a weak retest of a strong bearish candle with large selling delta -2318 (the candle at 19.23.04) hope that makes sense

Edited by monkster

Hi kavalan sorry if U have already provided as I did not do extensive research....

Is it possible you share the indicators and a template so all have same settings as U for the screenshots you have graciously provided?

Thanks in advance---again apologies if U have already shared them as stated above "did not do my due diligence"

Post if U will

Take care!

No problem, i update here your request.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/elily6

Hi,

General question:

http://screencast.com/t/nGC9Mx5Pv

this is a trade i took few minuts back. Let me know if you see what reasons i have for take this short trade. Can be nice if we can discuss about reasons more than the trade.

Thanks kavalan's light on the thread.

It will be great to discuss more about the logic behind the foortprint chart than the trade only ;)

Context/Background is the king for reading footprint chart imho

That is to say, the context of each footprint chart is collected along with the background itself , not just focusing on stand-alone footprintchart.

In your case , I just found

No money no trap

No aggressive prey no trap

Trap them and stoprun

smart money love trapping day after day

http://i.imgur.com/VvOI3QF.png

Thanks for your posts interesting learning about order flow. were these some of your reasons for the trade?

http://www.screencast.com/t/2ID0QKvI

Also forgot to add in screenshot, your entry candle is a weak retest of a strong bearish candle with large selling delta -2318 (the candle at 19.23.04) hope that makes sense

Nice monkster and thank's for your reply. Later i will give you were was my reasons. Maybe in this time others can jump in giving other options, too. i need to do few things and then later i will have time to post it.

Thank you @monkster and @windo for your collaboration.

The way i like to use Footprint charts is like someone telling you a history. Taking a trade based in only 1 period or candle formed it's a limited vision for the action. This is why with @windo explanation you can understand wich was the history behind the short trade. You can see a short opportunity but trade it 30 minuts later waiting for the confirmation of buy intentions. It's important know about what are doing your competition, in this case buyers because we want to short.

Understanding history behind movement and supporting the trade at specific emotional areas can be a nice tandem. When i speak about emotional areas i want to say areas where buyers and sellers are predisposed to take action. For example, what you can expect at a VAH? Sellers. It's an emotional zone because you have the potential to see sellers actively or no buy intentions. Footprint chart can confirm that. You need to see that, not only the zone and trade this zone because was a sell zone. Confirmation is what you get with your FPC. Was only an example but if you made a focused trading it's better than try to trade everywhere.

Great stuff Kavalan, I'm watching the FT71 videos so its nice to see some current examples of the methods and ideas. I want to follow along with your posts, so I set up my footprint chart like yours with the Gomi indicator, and have created a separate Volume profile chart to match the above, but using Gomi MP its not as neat and clean looking as yours, so what indicator are you using for volume profile in that chart?

Also I see you only trade the RTH session (from 9.30 EST - 15.15 EST) , do you consider the overnight/ pre-market at all? I read conflicting views on this, some say ignore, some mark the high/ low, some even create a separate profile for it.

Great stuff Kavalan, I'm watching the FT71 videos so its nice to see some current examples of the methods and ideas. I want to follow along with your posts, so I set up my footprint chart like yours with the Gomi indicator, and have created a separate Volume profile chart to match the above, but using Gomi MP its not as neat and clean looking as yours, so what indicator are you using for volume profile in that chart?

Also I see you only trade the RTH session (from 9.30 EST - 15.15 EST) , do you consider the overnight/ pre-market at all? I read conflicting views on this, some say ignore, some mark the high/ low, some even create a separate profile for it.

Nice, volume profile is a must tool for analizing intentions because can give you a nice perception of what is doing volume (participants). It's not the only tool, but who loves trading with orderflow is somenthing to look at it. I'm using rancho dinero's suite for volume profile's charts. Like you say i only trade RTH.

Speaking about overnight session, like you say there are a lot of opinions about it. It's personal taste. There are traders that will tell you it's very important to look at it. Others, like me, i don't use it.

What is important is trading at specific zones. Doesn't matter if this zone is called value area high or overnight low. You need to know who can be behind this areas for look to find them. Don't try to copy others. Look if for you this overnight levels can be significants and if you find that yes, use it. I know fib traders using footprint charts for trading. Finally, levels are levels. Trade the levels is where the footprint can give you some sense.

No problem, i update here your request.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/elily6

Sorry for but has anyone successfully loaded the "VitLevel" indi?

I ask because I tried but cannot find in indi list-

Any help appreciated-

Thanks in advance

p.s. second the request to kavalan to post file with all indis used to create template that you shared---as template is useless--- unless one has same indis that were used to create it--- installed on their ninja platform--

Thanks in advance