N@viTr@der charts issues

fedya9568

Hi everyone!

With huge thanks to Admis and Elgaza, I started the thread from below suggest:

Hi fedya9568,

I think there is not right place to ask for solving a technical problems. It is the marginal problem which obstruct reading the main topic. Please open a new thread and I'll try to help you.

Perhaps Admis and the thread will help to solve some issues connected to set up charts to use the great method.

The first problem connected to set up RJay.RenkoHybridBarChart.X86. I put it to "C:\Users\adm\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\RJay.RenkoHybridBarChart.X86.dll" but I have no chance to use the type of bars…

Thanks to tryitagainmf - he pointed to http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/23538-Renko-Spectrum-PSCVER2-0/page3. Wher you can find some info..

In the thread Admis suggested to modify NT file @BarsTypes. Now my file has such sentence - public RenkoBarsType()

: base(PeriodType.Custom7)

and then I created a chart, I have possibility to choose additional bar chart like “Custom7”, but renko chart type disappeared..

For me as well as a lot of usual NT users difficult to understand where is a mistake…

In the thread Admis suggested to modify NT file @BarsTypes. Now my file has such sentence - public RenkoBarsType()

: base(PeriodType.Custom7)

For me as well as a lot of usual NT users difficult to understand where is a mistake…

Hi fedya9568,

First of all thank you for opening this thread.

In the thread Admis suggested to modify NT file @BarsTypes: No, It's not true!

I wrote about all BarType files, not about this one in particular. I think it was my fault, I used a shortcut without detailed description.

This is the reason you didn't understand me properly. If you are using a dll version of Renko Hybrid you cannot make any changes (in usual way, like edit a source file in notepad for example). To make the changes I've described you need a source file of RH. As you wrote for "usual NT users" it is almost impossible to make the required changes directly in dll file.

Don't make any changes in @BarsTypes.cs file! It is all about RenkoHybrid.dll file. Restore your original file @BarsTypes.cs.

Let me know where from you know you have a free slot: Custom7?

If you are absolutely sure the slot is not used, I'll try to adjust a RH dll file for you.

Cheers,

I usually don't share a source files, but in this case, where the users can have many different bar types installed, I have to break my rules. Below is a link to the source file of R e n k o H_y_b_r_i_d based on dll shared by elgaza:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxte9h

pass: indo-investasi

Close NT, unpack 7zip archive and copy the cs file into a folder:

c:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\

Then make a changes in the cs file (see below). Run a NT. Open to edit any indicator you have installed:

Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator

and compile them. At the same time your cs file will be also compiled. Sometimes you will have to restart your NT.

In the row number 180 each of you can assign by yourself the name of unused slot. The default value is: Final0

180: public RenkoHybridBarsType() : base(PeriodType.Final0)

Following are listed a valid names of slots:

Custom0, Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Custom4, Custom5, Custom6, Custom7, Custom8, Custom9, Final0, Final1, Final2, Final3, Final4

Good luck! ;)

Hi Admis,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! Your explanations are more clear then from NT support. It seems that you worked a lot for the company :):):)

Finally I got the type of bars and in my slot it was Custom 7…

I started to explore the indies, and have some problems with D3SpotterRSI and VolumeStopV7.

The first indi show to us divergence. But for some reasons it plots it on the opening of the second bar after high or low formed. I think its late.

Make it sense to change it to plot the divergence on the first bar opening after extremum? You can see the screens..

before signal:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2r2rrc3.jpg

after signal:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2yjqa1c.jpg

As for the VolumeStopV7, I attached 2 screens. The first one after market replay session and you can see only blue candles on the indi. But after I stopped it, opened window of indicators setting and closed it and you can see that the indicator added more different signals. How to fix it? Does it have sense, what do you think?

the first screen:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hncpck.jpg

after checking indi box:

http://i57.tinypic.com/xkx6is.jpg

One more thing about Final.NaviTraderMA. I have it at "C:\Users\adm\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Final.NaviTraderMA.dll"

But I can not see it in indicators, during compiling other indies I have no errors.. and it is not plotted at chart. Did you faced this?

Hi Admis,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! Your explanations are more clear then from NT support. It seems that you worked a lot for the company :):):)

Finally I got the type of bars and in my slot it was Custom 7…

Hi fedya9568,

I'm glad you've found a solution with the renko bars.

Thanks, but I didn't work for them. ;) You should remember, almost each software company doesn't hire a programmers in a customer service dept...

Going back to your current questions. You are just discovering the charms of indicators.:( If you are going to use them you have to learn how to read them. Here, on the I-I forum there is a lot of indicators fans. IMO: the best indication of divergence is not a dot or arrow but your brain and eyes. That's the reason most of strategies (if not all) based on indicators doesn't work well. The signals are always delayed...Elgaza simply knows how to read and understand them in advance of appearing dot.

Concerning other questions I'd like to ask you to make a screenshot with opened window of indicators setting. Probably your problem is related with an item "Calculate on bar close = false".

Admis,

Thank you so much for your help. I've been struggling with this dilemma from the beginning of the thread by removing every bar type I could find to no avail. Of course without the source files I reached my ropes end and was going forget about this particular system. Your generosity has changed that.

Thanks

Hi fedya9568,

I'm glad you've found a solution with the renko bars.

Thanks, but I didn't work for them. ;) You should remember, almost each software company doesn't hire a programmers in a customer service dept...

Hi Admis,

First of all, thanks a lot for your real advices concerning technical staff for the strategy and huge thanks for your time.

As for my indies which is out of order - Final.NaviTraderMA and MetroLader.

Regarding Ladder, please check below screen after compiling NT with the indicator:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ew386u.jpg

How to fix it, what do you think?

As for Final.NaviTraderMA, in below screens you can see that the file located in NT/bin/custom, but it can not be seen as indicator thru proper window.. Did you faced such situation?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2pr90cm.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/npmntc.jpg

Hi fedya9568,

You need the full package of GOMI framework to use a VolumeLadderMetroEdition. Elzgaza uploaded a full set of indicators in the post #480:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/23753-N-viTr-der?p=308443&viewfull=1#post308443

Just import a NinjaScript: GomPakcage.zip

Cheers,

Hi Admis,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. ^:)^

Yes, you are right, then I imported Gomi indies, NT asked me to change them but I failed and tried to use already installed ones.

There was a mistake. So, after installing the GOMI package, the ladder is working.

But now I can see that NT error contained a message about GOMI!

Thanks again.

You know, I checked the ladder as use it elgaza and for me it has no sense unfortunately.

I have a ladder from LT package, I like it and also I can put where lots filter also.

Wish you a lot of pips!

Hi fedya,

Did you get those issues resolved. Ever since I downloaded the his latest full package I've had problems. The first one worked fine. I would appreciate if you could share with me what steps you took to resolve the problems if indeed you were able to.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your message.

Yes, I do confirm that I followed all instruction from Admis and now I can have the same screen as elgaza has.

Yes, I will do my best to help you. Lets go step by step…

Do you have problems with bar types now?

I followed admis instruction on bar types, so that is fixed. I have the same problem you had when compiling. I get error codes. Everything was working before i installed the second batch of indicators so I know stuff must have been installed in the wrong place when I downloaded the new files.

Hello Traders.

This is my 2 cents of the long term forecast.normally I dont do a long term because i dont even care about that- but... this time its so picture perfect...

I know that many will say that this is after the fact- but unfortunately I am busy trading during the day and dont have time to post.

This will just show you a small part of how to read the market with no need to guess.

Lets start with the daily- as you can see the market plunged down then stopped- you can see that it did so right at the 1.272( bottom left arrow) where it actually made a small double bottom on a daily base.When i see something like that I KNOW that we should retrace back to the 61.8 or the 78( 2 right side arrows ) - meaning :1802.75 or 1821.5 where basically the market should continue down from there and make a new low.

http://imageshack.com/a/img827/3641/f0po.jpg

Followed by that is a shorter term forecast- 12-3 renko spectrum which is still long enough.

you can see very clear the 2 double bottom - actually it was 1 tick lower which is much stronger that a double bottom- the reason why is that many stops were broken and the market makers took advantage of that to hurt as many as possible; anyway- you can see the 2 double bottoms- 2 left arrows which caused the market to start its up move.

as you can see today- the market retraced 61.8 - arrow number 3 and 4 so i expected it to go up to at least 1.272 which it did to the tick. i was busy today looking for longs as many as i could lol.

Hope it helps

Traderbeauty-Jane

http://imageshack.com/a/img827/481/tfap.jpg

Edited by Traderbeauty

Hi, thanks for your message.

Yes, I do confirm that I followed all instruction from Admis and now I can have the same screen as elgaza has.

Yes, I will do my best to help you. Lets go step by step…

Do you have problems with bar types now?

Hey fedya,

Thanks for the offer to help but I finally backtracked and figured it out. No more errors. I need to work with it a little more and see if all is working as it should.

Thanks

Hello Traders.

This is my 2 cents of the long term forecast.normally I dont do a long term because i dont even care about that- but... this time its so picture perfect...

I know that many will say that this is after the fact- but unfortunately I am busy trading during the day and dont have time to post.

TB,

The fact remains that those levels were known ahead of time giving one a chance to anticipate where the market might change direction and the confidence to take the trade especially if in confluence with other indicators or clusters you might use on your chart.

Thank you for sharing.

Hey fedya,

Thanks for the offer to help but I finally backtracked and figured it out. No more errors. I need to work with it a little more and see if all is working as it should.

Thanks

Hi nukem, I really glad that you managed to set up the charts.

Hope that you efforts will be rewarded!

Good trading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...