(Req) Jay Signal Trend

MidnightPresident

I was playing around with this a while back. I added a selectable profile type in the DevMrktProfile parameters. The source is already coded for 3 options, VOC, TPO, VWTPO. It was defaulted to TPO, I just added to option to select the profile in the indicator gui. You can add three instances of the indicator and select different colors to compare the profile types.

DevMrktProfile w/ selectable Profile Type:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gt90d2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing around with this a while back. I added a selectable profile type in the DevMrktProfile parameters. The source is already coded for 3 options, VOC, TPO, VWTPO. It was defaulted to TPO, I just added to option to select the profile in the indicator gui. You can add three instances of the indicator and select different colors to compare the profile types.

DevMrktProfile w/ selectable Profile Type:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gt90d2

For what????

@azimyt:

Thanks for sharing with us your experience and results.

I'm glad, you're profitable by using JS approach. Personally, I don't care if someone prefer naked trading, price action technics, order flows or lagged indicators. There is only one indicator, which confirms or rejects the chosen trading method. This is the final profit or loss. If the profit is stable over a long period of time everything else is irrelevant.

There is also only one requirement when people trying to exchange their experience or discoveries. The same language of meanings, which reduces a potential misunderstandings. If you say "a horse", someone else should know what does it mean, without further explanations.

http://www.ranchodinero.com/volume-tpo-essentials/

btw. All of the above thoughts concerns people, for whom the trading is seriously related to the earnings, but for sure, not to entertainment or gambling.

Edited by admis

For those who are in Jay's room, I was wondering what techniques Jay teaches to use on choppy days, like the CL this morning. You only see the good examples in his videos.

http://s4.postimg.org/cgch40pvx/2015_02_27_CL.png

Today we have wedge on 5 min chart. Rule: buy wedge low, sell high, or wait for a break

Hi Admis

Is there any benefit to use the SYM-RENKO bars compare to the regular renko spectrum when using jsignal ?

I tried to install the sym renko but i guess it conflicts with other type of bars- so my other question is-

How do i get rid of some bar types that i dont use anymore- i just dont want to delete and then have my ninja stuck lol.

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful weekend.

Jane

TB I'm sure admis will provide a better answer, but I had the same problem on the bars I've been using. I opened the symrenko source and changed the line that specifies period type, which was set to Final4, to a different value like Final3, so it did not conflict with the other bars. Problem solved. Not where I can that code at the moment so I can't post it exactly but it's near the top and easy to find. If you still have trouble I can post exactly later.

Yes the symrenko does appear to be different to the spectrum or hpbars but I've just started looking at it as well to compare what I've been using.

Jane, diabouncer already gave you the proper advices. (thanks diabouncer).

In details, you have to edit file: SymRenkoBarsType.cs

located in the folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\

Open this file in notepad. In the row #18 you'll find:

public SymRenkoBarsType() : base(PeriodType.Final4)

Change Final4 to Custom0 .. Custom9 or Final0 .. Final3 (Final4 is already used for sure)

Try Final3 (what diabouncer has suggested), save the file. In NT from the menu choose: Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator ...

Open ANY indicator from the list, click F5 (compilation). Reload NT and check if SymRenko works. If it still doesn't work - repeat steps from the point 1.

I don't look for a troubles with the users utilizing SymRenko, but they are a virtual bars, based on Heiken-Ashi calculations. Close of bar is not equal to the real close.

Close = (Open+High+Low+Close)/4

Open = [Open (previous bar) + Close (previous bar)]/2

High = Max (High,Open,Close)

Low = Min (Low,Open, Close)

Personally, I don't use these bars and someone have to find very strong arguments to change my mind, but I'm not an JS expert and I can be wrong. More JSignals (big blue and red dots) on the chart is not the argument.

Edited by admis

Thank you diabouncer and admis.

will follow your advices- its just interesting to how does the sym renko compared live to the specrum i use.

so thanks again.

jane

btw- how do i get rid of old un used bar types ?

Depends on form of files: A. binary (.dll) or B. source (.cs)

A. File -> Utilities -> Remove NinjaScipt Assembly ... Reload NT

B. Close NT and manualy remove the bar type file from the folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\

Run NT and compile ANY indicator ...

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone making consistant money with this thing? I was in Jay's room for like 6 months atleast and i just couldnt ever make any money. id always give it back the next day.....

Y, that´s easy:

forget the 3 Renko -just the Sym5. show all dots = false, trade just the BIG arrows you´ll get showed. AAnd if u like to have smaller losses, try following:

if an arrow is popping up, take the OPEN of the "arrow-Bar" as entry. If the Price goes straight away - bad Luck. in 80% the price comes back to the Entry (on quiet markets -see Volume). If the price touches 1st the next Symdot-Line, take the Order out -also bad Luck.

If you go in the Market WITH the arrow, then the SL is 15 to 20 Ticks, but you don´t miss a Setup.

BE after 10plus, Target 50.

If you do like this, you can´t efford to earn money. 50Ticks minimum a Day.

Try that on Paper first, and if it don´t work see if you´ve done all with this simple rules. If not: WASH YOUR BRAIN. (from Time to Time i need it also)...

Happy earning!

Y, that´s easy:

forget the 3 Renko -just the Sym5. show all dots = false, trade just the BIG arrows you´ll get showed. AAnd if u like to have smaller losses, try following:

if an arrow is popping up, take the OPEN of the "arrow-Bar" as entry. If the Price goes straight away - bad Luck. in 80% the price comes back to the Entry (on quiet markets -see Volume). If the price touches 1st the next Symdot-Line, take the Order out -also bad Luck.

If you go in the Market WITH the arrow, then the SL is 15 to 20 Ticks, but you don´t miss a Setup.

BE after 10plus, Target 50.

If you do like this, you can´t efford to earn money. 50Ticks minimum a Day.

Try that on Paper first, and if it don´t work see if you´ve done all with this simple rules. If not: WASH YOUR BRAIN. (from Time to Time i need it also)...

Happy earning!

Good job, George!

I am not trying to teach anybody how to trade- I am just trying to share my personal experience and ideas.

In my humble opinion the HARDEST part of trading is to find out the market's direction.Once you "know" it then you can enter in every retracement with the market direction.

It sounds very simple but its not. The reason why its so complicated is because the market moves in waves and there are waves within waves meaning you might be long in one time frame and short in the other one.

Some can say - lets wait till all the time frames align themselves together and then we have a sure winner- that also does not work because it might take forever to find a such a window and most likely it will be the end of the move anyway- unless its a very long and powerful move.

J-signal is CUTE- but that's all i am going to give it.It gives the market direction using the big fat arrows and then waits for a retracement toward the elipse which is just a 62 fib retracement nothing magic.Once it becomes overbought/oversold it generates these big dots and then if we get a move with the market direction it generates these magic signal arrows.I guess if you trade the CL or even TF then you get longer moves that allow you to take profit before it reverses- but then the entry is not easy to achieve because of the slippage.

So where am i going to ?

J-signal can easily be substituted by a moving average something like the right-line colored one will be more than enough.

But the true direction is by watching the legs and as long as you have higher highs and higher lows THE DIRECTION IS UP. Sometimes j-signal will change its direction only because the retracement was too big but that does not change the market direction.

I have been using and watching live - real time- not replay the MACDBB - and let me tell you- that combined with the small triggerlines of nexgen ( was already shared here in another thread) - put fibs on top and you have dynamite very close to the holly grail.

I kept going nuts and amazed so many times when i was ready to take a position- navi and fib and moving avg told me to take a position but macdbb told me NOT TO and it was right - i am just speechless which never happens to me.

botom line- stop looking for automation or green and red signals and work your way with statistics that is saying you should be fine is you win more than 50% etc, why not win 90% using you brain.

Again- not knocking any method down just trying to help.

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

I am not trying to teach anybody how to trade- I am just trying to share my personal experience and ideas.

In my humble opinion the HARDEST part of trading is to find out the market's direction.Once you "know" it then you can enter in every retracement with the market direction.

It sounds very simple but its not. The reason why its so complicated is because the market moves in waves and there are waves within waves meaning you might be long in one time frame and short in the other one.

Some can say - lets wait till all the time frames align themselves together and then we have a sure winner- that also does not work because it might take forever to find a such a window and most likely it will be the end of the move anyway- unless its a very long and powerful move.

J-signal is CUTE- but that's all i am going to give it.It gives the market direction using the big fat arrows and then waits for a retracement toward the elipse which is just a 62 fib retracement nothing magic.Once it becomes overbought/oversold it generates these big dots and then if we get a move with the market direction it generates these magic signal arrows.I guess if you trade the CL or even TF then you get longer moves that allow you to take profit before it reverses- but then the entry is not easy to achieve because of the slippage.

So where am i going to ?

J-signal can easily be substituted by a moving average something like the right-line colored one will be more than enough.

But the true direction is by watching the legs and as long as you have higher highs and higher lows THE DIRECTION IS UP. Sometimes j-signal will change its direction only because the retracement was too big but that does not change the market direction.

I have been using and watching live - real time- not replay the MACDBB - and let me tell you- that combined with the small triggerlines of nexgen ( was already shared here in another thread) - put fibs on top and you have dynamite very close to the holly grail.

I kept going nuts and amazed so many times when i was ready to take a position- navi and fib and moving avg told me to take a position but macdbb told me NOT TO and it was right - i am just speechless which never happens to me.

botom line- stop looking for automation or green and red signals and work your way with statistics that is saying you should be fine is you win more than 50% etc, why not win 90% using you brain.

Again- not knocking any method down just trying to help.

Take care

Traderbeauty-Jane

Great summary....and I think thats all you need to master :). TB .. do you also align MACDBB on upper time frames....if yes what you look for on those charts ????