(REQ)OFA Ninja Trader Full

ibandrew88

JJB, he is using real account but he are not showing us all trades...

the last 3 videos, his account is lower balance each day:

so he is not showing these loosing trades and losing days

That's true, but if you go some videos back you can see from the balance that he is constantly profitable. If you are a trader you know that a little drowdown can happen. I find his videos very helpful anyway.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's true, but if you go some videos back you can see from the balance that he is constantly profitable. If you are a trader you know that a little drowdown can happen. I find his videos very helpful anyway.

Sure, I know, I just do the mention that he is not showing that trades, obviously there is not possible 100% winners. I find these videos helpful too, but if you are a trader, you know that we can learn too much more from the losers trades than from the winners ones.

BR

I had the same mistake. Create a new folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\R3\ , copy there 2 png images, unpack and put 3 dll files into the following folder: C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ , restart Ninjatrader.

there is no algolab available after doing that.. any hint on what the issue might be?

thanks.

This question is for anyone who is using OFA/ALGO. Have you been able to activate the trades using OFA COE with conditional entries such as momentum, cluster or exhaustion triggers?

I have followed the tutorials but the trades don't seem to activate for me. Any help will be appreciated.

Hello, can someone help me to setup OFA/EXA?

I think that my setup is irregular. OFA/EXA offers many signs and it do not correspond with the action of the price.

Thank you. Excuse my English.

Hello Jose:

1. Here is a link to their website explaining OFA indicators in more detail. http://orderflow.systems/tutorials/

2. I also think that the number of signals it generates is based upon your chart settings. For example, if you are trading Crude and you use their normal setting of 8/3 or 8/4 you will see less signals than the setting being 6/3.

3. Also, check the OFA/EXA setting for "Exhaustion Logic Setting" is set to "Auto" which is their default or you can create your own to your liking. The same goes for the "Exhaustion Rows" setting which is normally set to "3" but perhaps you can modify it to your liking.

4. I generally do not modify the default setting, but have found that Chart settings contribute to the number of signals generated.

I am afraid that's all i can help you with.

Hello Jose:

1. Here is a link to their website explaining OFA indicators in more detail. http://orderflow.systems/tutorials/

2. I also think that the number of signals it generates is based upon your chart settings. For example, if you are trading Crude and you use their normal setting of 8/3 or 8/4 you will see less signals than the setting being 6/3.

3. Also, check the OFA/EXA setting for "Exhaustion Logic Setting" is set to "Auto" which is their default or you can create your own to your liking. The same goes for the "Exhaustion Rows" setting which is normally set to "3" but perhaps you can modify it to your liking.

4. I generally do not modify the default setting, but have found that Chart settings contribute to the number of signals generated.

I am afraid that's all i can help you with.

Thank ESVepara. I could design it for FDAX. I had to do many tests.

This question is for anyone who is using OFA/ALGO. Have you been able to activate the trades using OFA COE with conditional entries such as momentum, cluster or exhaustion triggers?

I have followed the tutorials but the trades don't seem to activate for me. Any help will be appreciated.

If your using momentum you might have to give it some flexibility by using the trigger range. The thing about that is if you dont give it any wiggle room then it has to match identically or the trade will not fire. I personally do not use momentum as a trigger. I trade range bound entries and break outs. so I'm either firing off of the VA, CWAP, VWAP or 1SD. I dont bother with momentum or cluster. I'm watching clusters anyway plus my entries are kept simple so that I'm sure to get into the trade. I have executed on MAO but found it toooooo stringent. You should also use auto logic because it will automatically adapt to instrument liquidity. Try using 3-5 ticks of trigger. This will place the limit order as soon as the momentum matches. I havent played around with it too much so I'm not sure if it will adjust your trade based on what it sees for momentum. The COE is nice but I've used it several times when I had to step away and needed to get into a point like the VWAP for a reversal or continuation trade. Sorry this is not much help. I dont have any COE's setup to trigger off of MOA of VCA. Maybe one day I'll mess around with it. for now I keep it simple on COE entries and launch off of the above mentioned.

Good luck.

If your using momentum you might have to give it some flexibility by using the trigger range. The thing about that is if you dont give it any wiggle room then it has to match identically or the trade will not fire. I personally do not use momentum as a trigger. I trade range bound entries and break outs. so I'm either firing off of the VA, CWAP, VWAP or 1SD. I dont bother with momentum or cluster. I'm watching clusters anyway plus my entries are kept simple so that I'm sure to get into the trade. I have executed on MAO but found it toooooo stringent. You should also use auto logic because it will automatically adapt to instrument liquidity. Try using 3-5 ticks of trigger. This will place the limit order as soon as the momentum matches. I havent played around with it too much so I'm not sure if it will adjust your trade based on what it sees for momentum. The COE is nice but I've used it several times when I had to step away and needed to get into a point like the VWAP for a reversal or continuation trade. Sorry this is not much help. I dont have any COE's setup to trigger off of MOA of VCA. Maybe one day I'll mess around with it. for now I keep it simple on COE entries and launch off of the above mentioned.

Good luck.

Many thanks for your reply Turbofanatic and comments which are helpful and am glad that you have been able to use COE for trading.

It is encouraging to hear that you were indeed able to fire off trades using COE, but i have not had any success using OFA ALGO /EPA. For my experience, once i put the parameters, for example MOA, VC, etc and use the COE line, somehow for me the ALGO DOM freezes at that level even though the price has moved on. Also, if i just put on the COE line by itself, there is no problem, except when i add some instructions to execute a trade!

I reinstalled my NT again and followed Admis prior instruction's and still cannot get OFA ALGO / EPA to work, so i was wondering whether anyone else had the same issue as i have.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...