Order Flow trading

prtrader

I wanted to start this thread so we can discuss some ideas on how we use order flow to trade. This can be from our own systems we have designed, or from systems taught by educators.

In my case, I want to start with some questions about one of the most popular softwares used for order flow. I know what some of the numbers represent, but I have questions about other numbers and features of the software.

I have attached the pic with what I know, and the questions that I have. Maybe somebody can help me out, and we can exchange ideas on how we use this software.

http://postimg.org/image/w2rnci2ap/

Does anybody know what those numbers represent?

I'm guessing they represent some sort of *** delta that shows what type of orders were predominant in the bar, but it is not traditional *** delta because it doesn't add up.

Anyways, this is an example of how I use that number and a trade example taken off how I use it. The number is neg. in chart 2, so it means sellers are strong and get a SIT, so after the period closed, I set put a sell order 1 tick below the cluster as shown in chart 1; also chart 1 had a RS a couple of ticks above the cluster on chart 2. I got filled and am currently 3 points in profit.

Here is an image:

http://postimg.org/image/kj1a70olj/

hey prtrader--ive been testing these ofa for a few weeks-they are very powerful.

your charts show it perfectly-

just a comment on your second chart--when you get those big negative numbers on the top of an up bar followed or preceeded by a RS (responsive selling)--great place to go short

ofa website has some good videos to help explain

btw--when i click reply with quote the site hangs--so just a normal reply

hey prtrader--ive been testing these ofa for a few weeks-they are very powerful.

your charts show it perfectly-

just a comment on your second chart--when you get those big negative numbers on the top of an up bar followed or preceeded by a RS (responsive selling)--great place to go short

ofa website has some good videos to help explain

btw--when i click reply with quote the site hangs--so just a normal reply

Can you tell me what those numbers on the top represent?

Can you show me, on the image I uploaded, what you mean about my second chart?

An example from today:

http://postimg.org/image/cgelbwauf/

I watched some videos, but still don't know what some of the numbers mean. I'm guessing the first one is the COT, but what about the second one, after the "/"?

second one is cot --calculates difference from the latest high of bar--or low if at bottom

first is accumumulated trades-net minus or plus for the bar

@traderforlife

Thanks! So basically, the first is *** delta and the second is COT? I heard something about the second one being the activity right at the close in the last 2-3 ticks of the period...maybe they said it because it's a 3 tick reversal chart, and therefore the last 3 ticks would be off the high/low giving you the COT.

What about the 2-3 price levels highlighted in the price axis with shades of blue or orange color?

PRtrader...HOW do you do this?

Originally Posted by prtrader: I connect it to Ninja for data, and use the indicator in the ninja charts that sends the info to the software.

I don't use it directly with a data feed.

Start OF@ - go to Help menu - Ninja Trader Data Feed Setup

Start NinjaTrader -open chart - add indicator - Dat@feedtoorderFlow

Connect OF@ to NinjaTrader (File - Connect - NinjaTrader) and Start Analisys - Remember the date of the contracts!!!!