[Req] Hawkeye

keifer

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Newbie

Thanks for the help- i didnt even know about this option, i do get the indicators but only few of them nothing of the good and interesting ones.

Tried them on a regular renko so it works but only partially.

Another question- I do have a strong computer- Intel I-7 with 12 gig ram and window 7 pro- so should i start the ninja 64 from now on ?

Take care

Jane

Hi - as far as some not working could very well be they do not plot historically-meaning- they require live data-maybe can try market replay and see if plot then or tonight when markets open.

As far as using 64 bit from now on- We would need for more experienced users to help in that area. To my understanding the only real advantage to 64-bit is in backtesting to utilize multi core cpu and ram( I could be way off track there) why we need more input on that. As far as indis go I have heard that some 32 bit indis will work in 64 bit and some will not. You would have to check and see which of those you use will work in 64(is no big deal just fire up 64 bit and load the indis you normally use on your charts and if they work "wallah" they work on 64).

Hope all my rambling made sense and helps out.

Would appreciate more experienced and knowledgeable users give us some feedback as well.

Thanks

Have a great one!

edit: found info regarding above on NT site

"We have added native support for running NinjaTrader in a 64-bit environment. During installation, NinjaTrader will detect the presence of a 64-bit OS and install both 32-bit and 64-bit application icons on your desktop. NinjaTrader will fully utilize a 64-bit multi-core environment especially in the area of strategy development and optimization. There is a catch in that not all of our broker and market data adapters provide native 64-bit DLL's thus however, you can still use the 32-bit version."

Edited by newbie0101
found info

did a replay used both the ninja 64 and the regular start- and unfortunately most of the indicators did not work.

oh well

thanks

Jane

Hi Traderbeauty, Now that market is open you should check again maybe some of the inids working now with live data.

Have a Great one!

Edited by newbie0101

thanks Futuretrade for the education!!

all indi work ok, I test all in x64. (some teamples have bad config, ex: fatboy (ES 11-12, you need to change for ES 09-13)

Hi Mauro.

I am having a problem with my installation and most of the indicators are not working.

Did you use the installation exe plus compiling the cs file or did you just inserted the 2 dll into the bin/ custom folder ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jane

thanks Futuretrade for the education!!

all indi work ok, I test all in x64. (some teamples have bad config, ex: fatboy (ES 11-12, you need to change for ES 09-13)

Hi Mauro.

I am having a problem with my installation and most of the indicators are not working.

Did you use the installation exe plus compiling the cs file or did you just inserted the 2 dll into the bin/ custom folder ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jane

no need original installation files, only two dll from patched package is sufficient.

ladies and gentlemen i was wondering if we can all trade together under one umbrella. We at Alborca.com share our trading on screen in skype before we trade. We discuss any overnight developments, how market opened, Yesterdays lines IBs, VAs, YClose ...etc Then we start looking for trades, Share charts, have different triggers, but still mark support/resistance areas in similar way. Trading in pack to be invaluable.We help each other follow rules by not over trading, things become a lot clearer when you have a discussion about it with a fellow trader. He can tell you when you're over analyzing something or if he thinks you are flat wrong, and it's important to get that feedback so you can make sure you are following your own rules, double check your entries, not in chop, etc. It is for all these reasons We are creating this Site, We think a pack of wolfs is better than a lone wolf in the market.

We have a lot of traders on Skype list and I know a lot of you type to each other during trading, but I think there is no substitute for live voice chat, especially sharing a chart so you can show your cursor and talk about a move, price, etc. I think it would also be cool if you guys wanted to use this site to find new trading buddies online. Just mention what instrument you trade and your Skype name.

What is the catch ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi steveg-

Thanks for the info- how much better is the new version ?

Basically hawkeye is a nice trend following program which gets killed on a sideways/ chop.

When the market is moving fast and strong you can use anything to go in, even a simple moving average.

The trick is to identify either a reversal or consolidation asap and that is the problem with all these programs.

They are all the same- coloring the bars, putting stops and trying to also show what the larget time frame is doing , it works but has a lot of problems on a chop day.

So my question is- what are the new changes they are using?

Thanks again.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Recently, the basic rules of Hawk work very badly, it should be used with any type of analysis, for example, using Elliott Wave, I watch it, so as to continuously trade on the forex market then decided not to use it as a stand-alone program, it is possible to fit scalping but since I trade on the timeframes of 1day and above I advise,I advise srednesrochnikam use it carefully, and memorable that the major players in the market rent all major trading systems for recognizers blizzhayshih stops in the forex market in order to collect them in your pocket and then go in the same direction, using the Hawk and I gained Wave Analysis in multiple positions $ 1200 last week, but but this is my first experience with the Hawk and the Elliott wave, chtoo so I can `t give you as long as specific advice on the matter, he still experimenting....

I've found the volume indicator to be pretty effective in spot forex. It measures tick volume. Not perfect but time and time again I find it keeping me out of **** trades and calling decent momentum moves 1-2 bars before it's clear to see on the chart. Also it's good at spotting exhaustion buying/selling. I use it on a 1 min chart with an IQFeed. Hadn't bothered with volume analysis before, but this has definitely earned it's place on the chart. Edited by keifer

• 5 months later...

Hi Newbie0101.....Can you please repost this for me.... (H@wkeyeATRdn and up) Thanks.

Hi all found this--

for anyone for 32 bit found the older ones seems all same but missing H@wkeyeATRdn and up

the rest there and working on this side all had to do was place dll's in "custom folder"

hope helps.

Have a great one!