Big Mike Trading Ninja indicators

yamantaka

Can anyone explain the setup of installing & loading GOM Volume Ladder which has some prerequisites as mentioned in the elite section thread:

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/elite-circle/1342-volume-ladder-ninjatrader.html

I dont have access to BMT elite so kindly, repost the stuff here so i can get the ladder working, tnx again guys, u are awesome people!!!

i red that thread... it is much old... if you need ladder like gomi, you can try this one

volumeMetroLadderv2 --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/762ojt

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone explain the setup of installing & loading GOM Volume Ladder which has some prerequisites as mentioned in the elite section thread:

https://www.bigmiketrading.com/elite-circle/1342-volume-ladder-ninjatrader.html

I dont have access to BMT elite so kindly, repost the stuff here so i can get the ladder working, tnx again guys, u are awesome people!!!

The second tutorial is on the same page, just look for it on the right side

Can anyone put some light on feature advantage which OFA has over Gom Ladders, i am literally confused on which one to choose. Since the learning curve is too time consuming i dont want to make a wrong choice and then switch later on after having lost all the time and effort.

Any seniors who have used both may pls guide me.

Thanx!!!!

Can anyone put some light on feature advantage which OFA has over Gom Ladders, i am literally confused on which one to choose. Since the learning curve is too time consuming i dont want to make a wrong choice and then switch later on after having lost all the time and effort.

Any seniors who have used both may pls guide me.

Thanx!!!!

D over at OFA will tell you that the way non-OFA packages are and have been doing it, is completely wrong - I believe the most recent video on his youtube channel within the 1st 20min gets into the 'ludicruosness' of this,with him referring to it as something that children can determine as being wrong. (The reference to a diagonal mismatch of buyers and sellers and other's volume footprint charts). But, the premise remains that buyers lift the price and sellers push it down; in a instrument like CL where 1 cent increments don't mean an awful lot (to the big players who will accumulate as selling pushes price down, and also do the opposite), I do not believe this makes a huge difference to the prices at each and every 1 cent price level. Instead, it is key to try and determine which range is seeing accumulation and distribution, and then when it stops as it comes to key levels of previous chart supply/demand, POCs, fibs (current day and previous day's), along with other things on that chart (and sometimes in other instruments as real time price and events/news unfold).

I have recently started using OFA and having watched some/many of the videos, I am starting to see that there's been some cherry picking of scenarios involved. It's important to note that the behaviour of CL ES TF GC can all be very very different when it comes to viewing them in anyone's volume footprint or orderflow charts: divergences can be extremely different, the range that price will retrace can be very different,and overall intent can take much much longer to play out in some of these instruments, causing incredible doubt and inevitable grief to a retail trader's psychology and often to their account balance (by running stops, ie., which will be FAR wider in GC and CL than say ES -and the actual $$$ it will cost you - this has to do with liquidity differences but also inherent price behavious differences). Personally, there is FAR too little attention paid to the differences in these in these instruments price action and behaviours by the majority of people, which, is why indicator's arrows/signals to buy or sell at a single point simply do not work *consistently* - in trading, there is no such thing as a 'one size fits all' (instruments) approach.

Having now used OFA for a few days, the blue and red momentum dots in something like CL can be very dubious, if one is simply looking to them. They work a little better and more consistently it seems in ES, but that seems to be mostly because it's gone straight up for 8/9 days since the 1730 bottom, now getting into back into the 1830's. I wont be able to give a better assessment of it until I have seen many more weeks of the market's price action.

I have been using the gom indicators for years now. I like them better. A lot of that is because I have become used to the system and patterns and general 'ongoings' of price in instruments like oil. As I mentioned, in comparison to OFA, it will still show accumulation/distribution buyers/sellers initiating, over a range, which can easily be 50cents.

There are 2 ways to collect the data from gom: an 'estimation' methodology (because ninja does not store the up and down tick data, so to plot a historical chart needs to use this method) but part of gom is that if your PC is running and receiving a realtime data feed, it actually records this very relevant data (to exactly determine if it is the buyer or seller that initiated that tick) and it then stores that data in an incredibly efficient file, so that when you request historical data against that instrument, your buy/sell data is 100% accurate. Thus, if you have a completely unfiltered data feed (IB for example is terrible data), you will have completely accurate historical buy/sell data stored within your NT, by way of the proprietary gom data files. The down side to this of course is that to capture this data, your PC and Ninja needs to be running and receiving this data for all the periods you want it for, ie., running 5 days a week, 24 hours a day, or, during the time period your instrument trades. (if your ISP charges you for data overages beyond a set gigabyte amount, this can be a problem {towards your monthly ISP bill} or, if your data connection drops more often, ninja doesn't always reconnect as it should, so you wake up and see that you may be missing hours of gom data. The positive flipside here is that you can run the replay {after 5pm est, and a 16x speed or more, to re-collect or 'fill in' those data gaps})

If using OFA within Ninja, I believe it uses the estimation methodology I mentioned UNLESS one has IQ/Feed as your data provider, since it is one of the only/few data providers that will send historical data with the up/down tick information. (Not completely sure on OFAs abilities here). If this is so, OFA would in theory give the same accuracy as having your gom infrastructured PC collect (and store) the up/down tick data.

Having said all that, I'd say the differences between the 2 data collection/portrayal methodologies are about 93 to 97% similar, and probably more. Just a guess on that, from having compared volume footprint chart of gom, and ranchodinero, the latter of which would be using a tick/data collection methodology similar to OFA. I have not yet done a chart side-by-side comparison of OFA to GOM volume footprints because the OFA indicators default to using their specific bar type (6/4 for ES, 12/6 for CL) and I like to use either minute or range/tick charts for GOM. I am not sure if OFA allows one to change the bar type, and still see their portrayal of volume footprint charts.

The other aspect in choosing between volume footprintcharts from OFA, gom or rancho (there are others too), might be esthetic or functionality. The rancho/acme ones have a very nifty built-in feature that when you resize the chartwidth and/or height, it will decrease/increase the font size of the buyer/seller numbers within the bar. But, I'm not a fan of how it is laid out graphically - I prefer the fixed font/bar size nature of gom, but more so the 'cleaner' way it is displayed, also having a histogram corresponding to the number of buyers and sellers at each price, at each bar. Gom also display the actual candle between the sellers and buyers, allowing you to see any wick lengths, therebuy (to me) giving me more information within the volumefootprint chart - this latter item I do not believe I have seen on any other competitor's volume footprint charts. There are other feature differences too, that can have a useful impact to day-to-day usage, like the gom ability to consolidate price on it's volumefootprint to 2 price levels, since the 1 cent granular level in CL is in my opinion too much data sometimes, and, can become a screen real estate issue. Also, the gom infrastructure has shown itself to be extremely versatile, with widely varying ways to display the data (because it is all open source), and there have been fantastic programmers who have created indicators like metrovolumeadditionv2/3 to display the data very differently; this latter one I think has made a purposeful attempt to make it look and act more like OFA, right down to doing the 'correct' diagonal buyer-to-seller comparison. It is a combination of these indicators that I have mentioned (along with some other really good ones) that has prompted folks like LePrivateBanker (check his twitter feed) to create some really nifty order flow charts, drawing on this open source code - check his tweet of January 16 for a view of how the orderflow data can be displayed) In closing, I would say that the versatility of gom allows for finding a better chart view and methodology for the individual trader, but finding the right indicators that work for you can take some time, and they can be tough to find (they are all almost exclusively found on bigmike trading).

Regarding the Ninja bid/ask and orderbook backfill issues, you can also check record historical data in Ninja options and access this in gomi tools by using ninjatickfile. That way also orderbooktools like jtrealstats can be used with marketreplay and the historical bid/ask is like in the live data for gomi and other tools using ninjatickfile (only for the time of recording livedata, of course. I think both methods, gomrecorder and recording to ninjatickfile within ninjatrader use quite some system performance, unfortunally). Edited by k33

... I think both methods, gomrecorder and recording to ninjatickfile within ninjatrader use quite some system performance, unfortunally).

Actually, they are extremely and highly efficient recording and storage/recall methodologies that are used (to create/read the gom files) - impact to system performance from having various gom footprint charts running is imperceptible. The performance hit caused by too many indicators, which can be poorly written sometimes too, or running against tick charts, etc - can cause a far bigger system performance issue. This is experience from when I had a amdx4 955. As an aside, anyone seeking the best performance increase (based on $$ spent) should really have an SSD that at least Ninja runs off; 120GB SSDs can easily be found I assume world over for <$100, and you can easily put your OS and have room left over, while your harddisks are reserved for space hogging programs that do not require access speed.

Hi guys,

I have one indicator from Bigmike that i am using to study price action free materials from thestrategylab but I wanna add a very simple feature to it. But i know nothing about ninja coding.Can anyone know ninja coding help me include the feature pls?I can pay small fees for it if you will. pls reply or pm me if you can .Thanks

Edited by forexmaniac84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  http://www.sendspace.com/file/fktaz3   

Screen capture image of instructions

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1a35zn  

Thanks,

Are you meant to place the .cs file in the Documents\NT7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder?

If I do this then when I compile the indicator I get errors about "Type or namespace 'Gom' could not be found". But I do have the Gom package, so I'm confused.

That's all I did James and it's working fine. Other people on BMT seem to have had the same problem as you but with no obvious remedy. The latest GOM Package is Ver 2.6 - do you have that version? If not, here it is. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ihd95p

Thank you for the latest package, it says it is missing the HotKeyManager Framework, which I actually don't have. Do you have it, maybe that is why it works for you?

From what I understand, the HotKeyManager Framework is included in the GOM Package. I certainly have never installed it individually. Nonetheless, here it is, maybe installing this specifically will overcome your problem.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqfctt

Thank you! It is literally 99% done. The HotKeyManager imported fine, but the ALTOGomMP says it is now only missing 'MPColorCode'. I am now thinking that my copy of the original GomMP is old or broken, do you have a latest copy of GomMP? Last request I promise! :)

Ha ha. No problem. Here you go and good luck. http://www.sendspace.com/file/26xknq

What session template do you use? Am I understanding the instructions image, does it say to create a template with 24 hour exchange times but in your local timezones?

So if the CME open is 9:30 Pacific but in GMT it is 14:30, I create a session template in GMT?

Basically, in my timezones the /ES RTH is 14:30-21:15, so should this be my template?