ptop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
NT7 does not run on Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.It runs now on Windows 8,8.1 and 10

See the below link

https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/forum/ninjatrader-8/platform-technical-support-aa/1109561-nt8-won-t-even-open-on-a-windows-7-machine

Post No.4

Fascinating!

I run NT7 on my W7 64-bit box every day!

Cheers!

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like support for NT7 and IB has come to an end, it doesn't look like they will update the adapter for the mandatory update to TWS 981.3!

What other options are out there besides NT7? NT8 for me and the amount of charts that I have open takes too much resources and sometimes locks up on active day!

I tried Sierra charts before but couldn't get their historic data and IB data to set up properly and online support wasn't much help either.

Also looking for a frontend to place trades to IB hopefully educated :)

Cheers

NTUpgrade.thumb.PNG.438890d62b84c0434763233404d52c5f.PNG

if your current Trading hardware cant handle the resources such as CPU, Disk and Memory, you should look at cloud VPS, migrate your NT7 to NT8 to use cloud server

NT7 works perfectly fine with my hardware setup, it's NT8 that locks me up on highly active morning like we are experiencing now! I am only at about 35 - 40% on both CPU and Memory but still for some reason NT8 still freezes!

Looks like support for NT7 and IB has come to an end, it doesn't look like they will update the adapter for the mandatory update to TWS 981.3!

What other options are out there besides NT7? NT8 for me and the amount of charts that I have open takes too much resources and sometimes locks up on active day!

I tried Sierra charts before but couldn't get their historic data and IB data to set up properly and online support wasn't much help either.

Also looking for a frontend to place trades to IB hopefully educated :)

Cheers

Well can you tell me which platforms can be connected via API from Interactive Broker ,

From you comment i understood , Ninja Traders 8 & Sierra Charts can .. anything else ?

Thanks ,

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am trying to connect to demo cqg datafeed but got a response" Login Failed: Unable to connect to remote server" . what to do?. Thanks in advance

Sign up with a 2-week free data feed trial at ninjatrader.c0m. Set up the continuum connection. If it doesn´t work with continuum, which is cqg for nt, then there is not much you can do. Perhaps, updating the XML file ( https://license2.ninjatrader.com/public/NTConfig.xml) and replacing the file may work, but I doubt it.

Hi, I am trying to connect to demo cqg datafeed but got a response" Login Failed: Unable to connect to remote server" . what to do?. Thanks in advance

You are right.....unfortunately from 2022 it seems NT7 is out......I don't use NT anyway I've checked NT7 not working with CQG fee data and Rithmic .....related NT8 is ok both CQG and Rothmic

• 5 months later...