New Ninjatrader

ptop

I have an update on the above NT7 issue -

It doesn't seem to be problem with 32 vs 64 bit Windows.

My current educ@ted installation is on Windows XP.

When I tried to install it on Windows 7 64 bit, I have the above issue.

I also tried it on windows 7 32 bit, the problem is the same as the 64 bit issue above.

Is there a difference in the way the educ@ted NT7 works on Windows XP versus Windows 7.

Please advise. Thanks!

First of all try to install and run the regular release of NT (22) without any emu's using AMP/CQG license Key:

@AMP-CQG4-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-7777

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if anyone got problem with installation, i suggest you might try the installation instruction below. Hope it will help

if you need any instruction to fully uninstall ninjatrader , can follow the link here (

)

not to search for the remaining folders and debris after removing the software should be installed through => UninstallTool => Install and trace

[spoiler=+]http://abload.de/img/kuio2sws.gif

• 3 weeks later...
My biggest issues by far are performance and support. Other platforms have standard features (ex. footprint, market profile) that in Ninja require 3rd party add-ons. Have always had issues with performance in Ninja - the DOM lags as compared to say ****** which presents issues with order execution. My workspace and chart regularly freeze or crash (some improvement on 64 bit but still unacceptable) and is untradeable during periods of high volatility. I run one workspace with max 10 charts (daily, 60 min, 15 min are pretty basic), and whenever possible have my indicators set to update on bar close, as "true". Every so often I have a workspace become corrupt and have to spend the time to recreate it. I’ve gone through various forums, suggestions on the Ninja support site to change anything I can to improve performance but haven’t been able to see any significant improvements.

I run a computer dedicated to trading only, lots of memory and power so none of this should be an issue. I've done troubleshooting on my internet connection/provider, router, had servicemen come in and don't have problems on other applications so I believe the issue is Ninja although they deny it. Ninja being single-threaded rather than multi-threaded doesn’t help with performance either.

Some of these issues may be dealt with in NT8 but I’ve dealt with these problems for years now and who knows how NT8 will perform when it is ever finally released. For the time, education, money, frustration invested all these years in Ninja, I just feel I’d be better off if I went with a different platform when I was starting out.

On their support forums you rarely find an answer to a problem, they always ask people to send in log and trace files so you can't troubleshoot anything yourself (for common problems) and have to wait to go through support. When you do deal with support they frequently ask to have access to your computer (I don't like to give anyone access to my computer even if they are support) and then they snoop around outside the areas they should be looking (know this for a fact).

With this new brokerage business they no longer allow Canadians whereas long-time business partners AMP and Optimus did. I also heard their Brokerage support was poor but can't speak to this personally.

Hi Flipper,

One of the solution to the Workspace is keep a copy of it. That way, whenever, it crashes, load up the backup and save it. That should reduce this issue.

I have a QUAD and I was getting freeze and all that. My brother asked me to put a fan in front of it and it is keeping the CPU cooler and that is helping at present. We tried to max out the MEM (8gb) and the CPU QUAD 2.4gb and it stayed stable. But, I am sure it will freeze at some point but this is one of the solution.

As ADMIS stated, the FELTON coding is bad, I am sure others are in the similar fashion. So, you will have to leave with it.

I think one of the idea is that try to keep only those INDICs and DLL around that you need in the Document NT folder (NOTE: it is only an idea). My thinking of this is because of the time it takes when you go into the EDIT INdics.

Anyway, I hope some of these helps.

I am getting disconnects in the middle of the night 1-3 times a week. Usually happens between 1-6am. I got a trace log:

2015-07-30 02:05:39:687 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.connectionTimer: reconnecting to level1 by closing the socket, socket!=NULL

2015-07-30 02:05:39:687 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.connectionTimer: level1 socket closed

2015-07-30 02:05:39:687 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.L1Worker: restarting L1 thread after connection loss...

2015-07-30 02:05:39:687 (Kinetic) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEventArgs ConnectionLost ConnectionLost NoError Unexpected disconnect from level1 data server. Trying to reconnect...

2015-07-30 02:06:10:022 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.L1Worker: started L1 thread

2015-07-30 02:06:10:022 (Kinetic) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEventArgs Connected Connected NoError

2015-07-30 02:06:10:022 (Kinetic) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: ConnectionLost ConnectionLost

2015-07-30 02:06:10:038 (Kinetic) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: Connected Connected

2015-07-30 02:06:10:102 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.L1Worker: restarting L1 thread after connection loss...

2015-07-30 02:06:10:102 (Kinetic) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEventArgs ConnectionLost ConnectionLost NoError Unexpected disconnect from level1 data server. Trying to reconnect...

2015-07-30 02:06:10:170 (Kinetic) Kinetick.Adapter.L1Worker: started L1 thread

Anyone know what could be causing this? One ninjatrader disconnects it doesnt reconnect back to kinetick and I loose GOMICD data that cant be downloaded.

LOL Windows 10, figures, it installs IIS and ASP .NET Developer by default now, for regular consumer of all people ;D

It didn't occur to me at first that IIS would be installed by default so that's what causes the Emu to go off, and no it didn't show up at all on port listening.

so just had to unchecked all those unneeded features and works as it should.

So now you all know what to do when upgrading to Windows 10 ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you need full package ***.msi of v28 or v29, it's there on NT site. If you need specially v22, let the forum members know the reason, someone may certainly help you

The only reason I am looking for v22, is because I guess the educated files work with v22, atleast in this thread thats what I have seen that it works and instructions also seem to indicate that. Hence, looking for v22, it would be great if someone can share it, the existing links are not working.

I was using NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22 with emu and getting live data from CQG. Yesterday, I upgraded to 7.0.1000.29, now I am not getting live data from CQG, however I get connected to CQG and getting history data also. Can someone suggest if I need to revert back to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22 or any last working version.