New Ninjatrader

ptop

Hello,

I have been learning trading, NT, systems development and testing, MM, profiles, etc for a whole year (mainly futures), but I am a totally newbie about using NT to trade both in demo and live.

My aim is to get a good data feed (payed) for historical and real time data, in order to develop and test several trading systems, and do "paper trading" with them for a whole year, through live trading with a data feed but using a demo account instead of real money, but doing real-time trading (not market replay).

I have used NT free for analysis, backtesting, WF, etc, and it's nice, but as far I know, it is not possible to do what I have explained with the free version.

I think NT is nice but I am still learning and don't want to buy a multibroker version prior to be ready to trade with real money and have real earnings, so I am considering to use an educated version of NT until that moment and spent a bit of money in data feed and/or brokerage in order to do the kind of "paper trading" I have explained.

Any recommendations to use with andy's educated version of NT to achieve that? My aim is mainly work with BME futures or so.

Thanks for the time and advice

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you both for your answers.

I promise I have read almost the 56 pages of post of this thread before ask my question, maybe I haven't understood them well. I have read specially "Deividas David Balionis"'s questions as he's a newbie like me, but I think what I explain is different, or maybe I have not explained it well.

I am sorry about my misunderstanding and poor explanations.

I have used a non educated NT for a year to analysis, backtest, WF, etc, but now I want to use it for live trading with real data feed but with no real money. I want the orders to be placed, as much real as possible in live trading, without using real money. I want to deal with slippage, connection losing, etc, in order to be aware of those issues for the future, while the systems are developed.

As far I know I need brokerage and real-time data feed services -not really sure about nothing- and I will mostly use BME futures.

I only ask for advice about the best way to achieve this, using an educated version of NT (as far I know is needed) and any kind of services, which ones are compatible with the educated version (and avoid problems), instead of purchasing a full NT license now only to learn.

Thank you both for your answers.

I only ask for advice about the best way to achieve this, using an educated version of NT (as far I know is needed) and any kind of services, which ones are compatible with the educated version (and avoid problems), instead of purchasing a full NT license now only to learn.

1. You have to use the educated NT. (The free version of NT is limited to make orders only on SIM/Replay accounts)

2. Open demo account at AMP with CQG data (21 days, renewable). <ampclearing.com>

3. Then set your AMP/CQG demo account (an initial virtual deposit = 300k$) instead of SIM to manage all of your orders. CQG claims, all orders are simulated on their servers, what obviously is much more close to the truth than usage of NT SIM account. Always remember about the real order book..

btw. SIM acct. shouldn't be ever used, particularly when the option "Enforce immediatly fills" is turned on.

Is it clear now? ;)

Clear as day light, for now. Let's try it this week.

Thank you very much (I don't know how to formal thank through the forum same as newbie0101,RICHI and others has done, sorry for that)

You have to make at least 5 posts ;) and then a "Thanks" button will appear next to "Star" symbol (Reputation)

Hello good people, I hope you can help me resolve this dilema. I had to close my amp account as i needed the cash. i was using ninja.007 with emu 5.06 and signed up for an amp demo account. using the educated version i am unable to login i get message connection to the order routing system is unavailable. can anyone help me solve this problem as a had a few sim accounts that i was testing and would not like to lose that information.

Cheers

Hello good people, I hope you can help me resolve this dilema. I had to close my amp account as i needed the cash. i was using ninja.007 with emu 5.06 and signed up for an amp demo account. using the educated version i am unable to login i get message connection to the order routing system is unavailable. can anyone help me solve this problem as a had a few sim accounts that i was testing and would not like to lose that information.

Cheers

Hi tomodej

You do not need educated ninja for demo account. For example I do not use educated ninja, when I trade sim or replay (for testing strategy, ...).

Cheers

Please see the post :

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/22222-New-Ninjatrader?p=354051&viewfull=1#post354051 by admis

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone... I am having issues to conect into CQG "history data servers" with the new emu 5.06 .. its odd because it connects to the live server but not into the historical data... (I am on a live acct at amp thru CQG) I first thought it was CQG having issues but on a different computer the emu 5.06 works just fine... any help will be apreciated... thanks Melinda.

Hello everyone... I am having issues to conect into CQG "history data servers" with the new emu 5.06 .. its odd because it connects to the live server but not into the historical data... (I am on a live acct at amp thru CQG) I first thought it was CQG having issues but on a different computer the emu 5.06 works just fine... any help will be apreciated... thanks Melinda.

Any ideas for this issue ? thanks Melinda

download this file and replace it under emu folder.

http://[email protected]/NTConfig.xml

Melindatrader.

Here are instructions.

Cut and paste link

correct Ninja and com

hit enter

The page will open as you stated

now Right Click anywhere on the web page

Save as

XML

This should help you.

Got it ¡ thanks a lot Joe... now I will see if this can solve my issue... I will keep an update if it does, thanks to Rex and Joe for your kind help, cheers Melinda

Follow this :)

1) Install from .msi NinjaTrader 7.22

2) Install hhe automated educator "credit to andy" :emu_nt5.06_exp2020.exe

3) Run emu 5.06 (educator shortcut from desktop)

4) Download this file and replace the old one in NT7 license emu folder (Nt7LicEmu):

http://www.ninjatrader.com/NTConfig.xml

5) Run NinjaTrader

Hi everybody!

I updated my previous educator "ready-to-run" package to a newer version...

This version automatically updates NTConfig.xml from NinjaTrader website and automatically deletes "app.config" in the emulator folder.

So everytime you launch the destkop launcher shortcut, the launcher:

1) updates NTConfig.xml

2) deletes app.config in \Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\NT7licemu\

3) runs educator v5.06

I tested it under Windows 7 x64 and works fine...

The only this you need to do is to delete shortcut of previous version, then install the package and the next times to run the launcher!

If you're interesed in having it, here you go!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iufml6