What is the best non-scalping, non-hedging and non-martingale EA?

best one that I can find grid trades and hedges.

The perrenial problem with EAs is they lack the coding that would enable them to read the market like pro trader and make decisions. Pattern recognition isn't a strong suit of the MQL language.

best one that I can find grid trades and hedges.

The perrenial problem with EAs is they lack the coding that would enable them to read the market like pro trader and make decisions. Pattern recognition isn't a strong suit of the MQL language.

I agree 100% There is no better computer than your brain. Unfortunately we humans have to deal with the emotional side of trading, which works against us :-(

What is the best non-scalping, non-hedging and non-martingale EA? I am looking for prooven long term results. JForex or MT4.

Thank you.

Even if you code a EA like that it unfortunately has to rely on one these strategy to be successful as markets are always unpredictable

Even if you code a EA like that it unfortunately has to rely on one these strategy to be successful as markets are always unpredictable

There's one EA called "Trend Raptor" that seems to try and trade properly, but even then it hedges and averages out positions when it inevitably gets it wrong.

Don't have that EA, and can't educate it, if you were wondering....

• 3 weeks later...

That's the one.

If you can handle max 50% drawdown, and the fact that equity didn't catch up to balance for over 6 months, it's pulling above 5% per month on average, which is pretty good.

It's that trailing equity that doesn't look so great.

If you have $500 lying around, you can purchase that one.

As is the case with any hedging EA, the market could just decide to experience another "Global Financial Crisis" (i.e. an excuse to move the market beyond IMF limits to try and destroy all hedging accounts at the cost of everyone's jobs and political stability in Greece or some other European country)

There is no martingale on this company's grid hedgers. It uses stop orders to trap price at certain price levels. It engages in averging, in which lot sizes are increased to trap price reversals and close out all negative trades in profit/break-even. If price drops really really hard, a lot of these reveral stops are actually never triggered which allows the EA to cope with wild volatility.

The net effect though, is similar to a martingale in the sense that constant steady drop with no retracement, high risk and low leverage can blow up accounts.

The only reason why they don't explode is that price always has to retrace. If the bank is dropping the price, they have to buy from sellers on the way down. Eventually they are at a loss, so what they do is make a huge buy order and rise the price sharply in order to offload bad buy trades and still make a profit. That's why these EAs do.

Edited by Rio

One EA from kalinka that I wouldn't mind checking out is Azimuth:-

http://expertforex.info/en/forex_azimuth_v102.html

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/KalinkaCapitalEE/forex-azimuth/434161

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/KalinkaCapitalEE

Currently it's beating some of their other EAs in forward tests, and it doesn't hedge or average. Mind you the drawdown is probably unacceptable on that one.

Seems like they're not running with hedging or averaging EAs these days. Probably because they'd alienate US sellers.

I'm using a hacked and modified version of Pyramid5.2MA live. You can find it in another thread.

Edited by Rio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The seach goes on...

Well, thanks guys for the replies. I'm still seaching for that EA that won't blow up my live account. I see that since this forum started and after 100's of EAs tested the seach goes on. I tried and tested over 100 of them and I have to say that matingale EAs will not work in long term (even with proper money management) and that scalping has been proven not as profitable as position holding with a proper trend EA. The problem is that I haven't found the right EA with TP and SL to make a steady profit monthly. 10 to 20% profit should be possible with a low DD.

Any info and input would be appreciate if you have one that works long term.

Well, thanks guys for the replies. I'm still seaching for that EA that won't blow up my live account. I see that since this forum started and after 100's of EAs tested the seach goes on. I tried and tested over 100 of them and I have to say that matingale EAs will not work in long term (even with proper money management) and that scalping has been proven not as profitable as position holding with a proper trend EA. The problem is that I haven't found the right EA with TP and SL to make a steady profit monthly. 10 to 20% profit should be possible with a low DD.

Any info and input would be appreciate if you have one that works long term.

Yes my dear friend,Your research is correct.EA you are looking for is not in the public forum.And certainly the price is not $97.

• 1 month later...