REQ: OFA NT Plugin

kungfutrader

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi user33...

Would you please explain what "probe and rotation" means and why OFA use it ?

that is the basis of which OFA is built upon, you will need to watch the training videos for "probe and rotation", they are bits and pieces also available in OFA free webinars, but to understand it fully, you need the training videos.

OFA is custom software built to fit the very specific strategies taught by OFA, the cost of the training to understand these strategies are as much as the software itself, unfortunately. Without the training (at least from watching the bootcamp video course and OFA basic member's software training library), it is impossible to understand how to use OFA software. Yes, you can read footprints and it has colors, but you can do that with any other footprint software.

OFA is indispensable for people who follow their trading methodology and strategies (setups, patterns, trade management, risk assessment, etc. etc.), but not particularly useful for people who don't follow OFA's specific approaches/strategies.

I was using reversal bar from BMT and it didn't have the direction part; Can you please share your bar type?

Also, after installing OFA reversal bar disappeared - do you have both OFA and reversal bar?

Yes. This is right. I was using the same Reversal bars without the direction and then when I installed OFA, the reversal bars automatically disappeared. It's kind of strange!

Yes. This is right. I was using the same Reversal bars without the direction and then when I installed OFA, the reversal bars automatically disappeared. It's kind of strange!

Open the bar type in a text editor and check periot type. It probably uses Custom9, which is what OFA uses. You will need to edit the period type and set to a number that is not used by another bar type (Custom0 to Custom9)