TS or MC, which one is a better trading tool? or other choice?

jodo

I had done some research online, and thought MC is better.

However, I still see many trader on this forum searching for TS software, so I am wondering "Tradestation or Multicharts, which is a better tool for trading?"

and post this thread.

I would like to know most traders' opinion.

Thank you.

I had done some research online, and thought MC is better.

However, I still see many trader on this forum searching for TS software, so I am wondering "Tradestation or Multicharts, which is a better tool for trading?"

and post this thread.

I would like to know most traders' opinion.

Thank you.

The reason why many traders are searching TS Software is simply because they can use this software with MC too :))

With TS you are only one choice for your broker and your datafeed, with MC you can choose who you want.

I have curious question in my mind to add to this original thread question.

Does Hedge funds like D'Shaw or Institutions like Goldman Sachs use MC or Ninja or MT4 or Tradestation ?

Please don't take this question as a poke to anyone, but if any one knows what platform they use it would be interesting.

I have curious question in my mind to add to this original thread question.

Does Hedge funds like D'Shaw or Institutions like Goldman Sachs use MC or Ninja or MT4 or Tradestation ?

Please don't take this question as a poke to anyone, but if any one knows what platform they use it would be interesting.

Last time i've visited a traders room the guys there used Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, and some proprietary soft that any "stranger" were not even allowed to look at hehehe.

MC, TS, Ninja and particularly MT4 (or MT5) are for "retail" clients, that's to say, noob traders like you and me :)).

Big boys don't use them :D

Last time i've visited a traders room the guys there used Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, and some proprietary soft that any "stranger" were not even allowed to look at hehehe.

MC, TS, Ninja and particularly MT4 (or MT5) are for "retail" clients, that's to say, noob traders like you and me :)).

Big boys don't use them :D

exactly, the proprietary ones are cost intensive but are state of the art.

Ours is glorified databases of primitive age.lol

Yes, MC, TS and Ninja are platforms for trading retail, but many new traders and old professionals use these platforms for backtest.

Also, for example in NASDAQ market; another traders and Financial Institutions introduce orders in ECN nets like Island (ISLD), Bloomberg (BTRD), Terranova (TNTO), Instinet (INCA), etc; but no any trader with USD 500.