can I choose forex trading as a real career?

well, i believe that we can build our career on Forex. because forex is a business and we can make the business as our career. for me its really thankful because I'm feeling lucky to found forex and i can solve my financial problem and help my family too. i just need to maintain what i am doing now. Edited by hermanhess

Guest FloridaTrader

You should learn forex first. Take baby steps and and don't plan on long term future goals until you take the first step in learning how forex works. After you do this, then learn to demo trade. You have a long, long way to go new guy.

Don't be too disappointed if you find that the forex didn't agree with you since 95% of traders don't succeed.

I trade with hotforex for a year and a half now, but i still keep my day job as well, I do swings mainly with little risk and earn a decent extra each month whcih helps me a lot, I want to be good at forex and maybe someday earn from forex alone and have more time in my hands to do other things, so it really depends how you look at it but yeah it is very possible and there are pro traders that earn big from forex alone :)

I trade with hotforex for a year and a half now, but i still keep my day job as well, I do swings mainly with little risk and earn a decent extra each month whcih helps me a lot, I want to be good at forex and maybe someday earn from forex alone and have more time in my hands to do other things, so it really depends how you look at it but yeah it is very possible and there are pro traders that earn big from forex alone :)

Yeah, we have to minimize the risk. If we want to make forex as a main job, as a career, the most important thing is consistency profit we can get, not how much profit that we get. But it would be better if we could get a huge profit and consistent.

Guest FloridaTrader
Yeah, we have to minimize the risk. If we want to make forex as a main job, as a career, the most important thing is consistency profit we can get, not how much profit that we get. But it would be better if we could get a huge profit and consistent.

You contradicted yourself. Not how much profit you get but if we could get huge profit and consistent. Consider proof reading your posts before submitting.

• 2 weeks later...
a career is really possible in forex, its not a sallary job, though some broker have employeees i guess but its more of a business that you have to handle your self, traders make millions let it import export, stock market, even a simple store is also trading :D and so does forex. I read about people quitting good careers to pursue forex, and they are doing quiet well

Well I trade mostly the Euro and only win half the time or 50/50 over 100's of trades so that's not really 'consistency of profit' as the wins are only half the time. You can be quite profitable winning only half the time.

There are periods between 25-35% of the time where the strategy will not work. You have to plan what to do after a certain number of trades otherwise your drawdown will be larger. So a successful career in forex or any other business is about managing the risk. I trade similar to the turtles, it's not rocket science.

Guest FloridaTrader
Yes, it is possible if you can minimize your lost up to 0.3%. But not recommended if you just start trading. Just keep on with you current job, until you can minimize to that percentage, so you will still have something to hold on when you are lost during trading.

Not sure where you come up with 0.3% as a figure. One can continue trading as long as their losses don't exceed his winnings. One should continue with their job and trade at the same time. I don't recommend that anyone quits their job if they can trade at the same time. Only when one becomes very skilled and they trade part time for several years, do I recommend that they start trading full time.

Yes, it is possible if you can minimize your lost up to 0.3%. But not recommended if you just start trading. Just keep on with you current job, until you can minimize to that percentage, so you will still have something to hold on when you are lost during trading.

Am curious. As you mentioned, if we can minimize our lost up to 0.3%, we can only become full time traders, then what is the minimum profit (in %) that we must earn? :)

Edited by apple1937

If you have enough knowledge on forex trading and you can face to the loss and profit and mange your real account well and always avoid loss my technique, you can choose it as you career.

Yeah As a trader who wanna be a successful trader, we must be able to manage our real account well, ready to face loss and profit. Forex is good chance for every one who wanna earn money, provided that, we wanna continue learning.

Not sure where you come up with 0.3% as a figure. One can continue trading as long as their losses don't exceed his winnings. One should continue with their job and trade at the same time. I don't recommend that anyone quits their job if they can trade at the same time. Only when one becomes very skilled and they trade part time for several years, do I recommend that they start trading full time.

It's my calculation of monthly profit. I set the target of how much I want to earn and that's the lost percentage of my profit.

Guest FloridaTrader
It's my calculation of monthly profit. I set the target of how much I want to earn and that's the lost percentage of my profit.

One can lose a lot more than 0.3% and remain profitable. One can lose 49% of their trades If all lot sizes were equal and still be profitable. Again duderex, you and gaban need to cease giving out really bad advice. We have many new forex traders and they may read your postings and actually do something wrong like take your advice seriously without knowing that you actually give a lot of bad advice on this forum.

Again, please stop these weird postings duderex.

Edited by FloridaTrader

I've known people that have been trading for 5-6 years before they became full-time traders. I've only been trading for 8 months and I already know there's still a long way to go before I get what I want.

I hear you. I have been around for six months, but I like the road I have taken. In order to answer the question of the OP. Yes you can, but my guess is that you will fail, judging by other questions you have asked in this forum. About 98% will fail at trading forex successfully.

One can lose a lot more than 0.3% and remain profitable. One can lose 49% of their trades If all lot sizes were equal and still be profitable. Again duderex, you and gaban need to cease giving out really bad advice. We have many new forex traders and they may read your postings and actually do something wrong like take your advice seriously without knowing that you actually give a lot of bad advice on this forum.

Again, please stop these weird postings duderex.

Sorry if you are misunderstood me. its the risk I'm talking about!! 0.03 = 3% dont mix up the numbers, risk only as much as 3% per trade

You can win 90% of your trades but still making loses...:)

I have got in that case few times. I got TP for 8/10 trades but profit still was negative. Since with each trades, I put TP very short and SL very far. So when my trades reach TP, I get a little money but when my trades reach SL, I lose about 3-4 times than TP money.

With 2 trades lose per 10 trades, summary I got lose. So the best is get TP for all trades (but it's impossible).

Guest FloridaTrader
Sorry if you are misunderstood me. its the risk I'm talking about!! 0.03 = 3% dont mix up the numbers, risk only as much as 3% per trade

Now that sounds much better. Thanks for correcting your mistake.