http://www.eminifuturesbuysell.com/

cornelis

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but this only works with GMMF16 indicator, the other one drone master, which is kaylani, is not patched.

And the CS files one is also not patched and gives errors.

Currently we do not have a patched working Kaylani aka Drone Master for either X86 or X64.

http://www.send5pace.com/file/43mr73

drone master patched as well. btw i didn't have errors for cs files in kaly when compiling.

as it stands now i think the cs do not compile at least here that i tried to compile they give errors like the ones posted in previous posts 99 and 100 i think some compile and others not and eventually the ninja can no import anymore even from zips as it says there are errors in the indicators.

Anyone has the CS files that do compile ?

the 95 post creates errors so if there is please upload.

Thanks to all

HOW TO AVOID NEEDING TO DO A TOTALLY CLEAN INSTALL in NINJATRADER AFTER CORRUPTED FILES APPEAR.... now how is that for a title :)

What i do is i have made a clean install once for ninja and started adding all zips and compiling them and every now and then i saved the Docs and Progs Ninjatrader 7 folders witn a name like Ninjatrader Clean Virgin Install no errors upto the latest file i have included...

So i save with a long Ninjatrader the Docs and the Progs ok ?

If at some point i have added Dll s and then i try to import or compile a cs file and it refuses...it gives errors etc. you know... then i bring back the previous install and

load the stable Ninja and compile whatever cs or zip files i want.

So then i copy all the stuff that was in the latest working but unstable edition to the corresponding folders and rebring it back with the new CS files and the dlls i had in the previous instalation.

It has saved me numerous times, like now i needed to compile the Kalyani and i did ir in the old stable one, and then copied the rest of the staff apart of the indicators folder and i rename it to Ninjatrader 7 in progs and docs and i am done...

Hope my 2 cents helped...

Take care all

and Good trading

Hi Trader 1968- thanks so much for your post, i just backed up my ninja but few times when trying to restore it on a different computer i got different error messages so i know that backing up and restoring is un predictable and undependable.

One thing i dont understand- let me see if i can follow up- i should save my documents/ninjatrader7 and program files/ ninja trader 7 in a safe place.

now lets say i get all these compilation errors then what exactly do i do ? i am not clear ?

Do i just replace the current docs/nija trader 7 and the programfiles/ ninja trader 7 with the old ones i saved and thats it? or do i have to uninstall ninja etc?

Thanks for your help.

Jane

Normally after compilation errors it shows in the indicator code window bottom the defect cs/dll. Just uninstall within ninjatrader or remove from custom/indicators folder (or replace with working ones). No need to reinstal NT if you know what indicator has errors.

Sometimes there is a daisy chain situation where one indicator references another and so on. Therefore, after you identify one of the problem .cs files, go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript->Indicator. Open any custom indicator, right click-->References. If any of those are in the original compilation menu, delete them too.

i put back in Docs and Progs the clean Ninja folders with their long names. Meaning the clean install with the latest indicators i added and compiled ok.

then i copy ALL folders from the current Ninja progs folder to the new Ninja long name folder, i merge and overwrite everything. ok ? finally i rename the long name ninja prog folder to plain Ninjatrader 7 and i change the name

of current ninjatrader 7 to say Ninjatrader 7.2 or Ninjatrader 7 Previous used version.

Now it is tricky in the Documents folder.

Here

1) i copy and merge and overwrite all folders except bin ao i have the workspaces Db, templates etc.

2) In bin i copy all folders except Custom

3) In Custom a.) i copy and merge and overwrite all folders EXCEPT Indicator BECAUSE THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS to keep the compiled indicators untouched. ok ?

4) Finally i select all the stuff below Type that i see in custom folder, so like the dlls the cs in there etc and i copy them BUT i DO NOT OVERWRITE THIS TIME, i just copy in the custom

folder so ONLY the stuff that doesnt exist in the stable long name instalation. OK ? this is crucial just copy the things that your previous but corrupted installation had and leave untouched the

stuff that allready existed in the long name Ninja so that it can fire up.

5 finally change the names :) don't forget that so you have ONE Ninjatrader 7 in each folder of Program Files and Documents.

Hope that helped but if you can't do it i will do a video at some point.

The idea is that its just a safe fallback net in case it gets screwed up.

take care

of course this is a solution and perfectly ok

What i am proposing is for the case that something happened and you havent taken the last period a backup

Many times we might forget and add some indicators and the instalation gets corrupted.

Thats my 2 cents, i have found it helps me and so i thought of sharing :)

good trading to all

There is many version floating around some educated some not, if you happen to put an un educated DLL with educated ones it will still ask for licenses.

The CS seem to work for the indicators for day trading, but still if you get an uneducated dll in your folder all will ask for license.

I have it working now though found the culprit.

Analytic and lines are probably just as useless as the other lagging indicators.

Change your chart to line on close after load template, you will see just how lagging these indicators are from price, because they read from "order flow", which is random uselessness.

Nicely said.

Kalyani is a perfect example.

I suspect these new "Nirvana" indies/auto traders will disappoint, too. As I view them in the room--like any indicator--they are wonderful when a trend takes off, but get slapped in a chop. Unfortunately, the market chops more than it trends.