Ninjatrader Windows 8

laser1000it

Hello, in my pc I've Windows Seven Ultimate 32 bit and I've not problem whit several Ninja add-on. Related to Windows 8 I will have the same situation ? Do you have any feedback about? Thank in advance for any comment or help.

Ninjatrader 7 works perfectly fine with windows 8 ... just make sure you use the x86 ninjatrader.exe and not the 64 bit as the connections via a lot of data vendors are yet not compatible with 64 bit exe

So it has to be 32-bit, right?

well you can have the 64 bit Windows 8 operating system but when you install -- Ninjatrader installs both the 64 bit and the 32 bit .. all you have to do is to use the 32 bit ninjatrader.exe for connection as zenfire and other data vendors have not yet upgraded to 64 bit connectivity -- i have tested it and so thats why i am giving you all my notes .. ( will save you time and frustration :) ) so dont use 64 bit ninjatrader.exe I hope this helps you and if you need any more information post your concerns and any one of us in the team will help you out ...

• 1 year later...

If you have issues with educated versions of NT7 under Windows 8.1 follow the following steps:

- download the new XML config file from www.ninjatrader.com/NTConfig.xml and put this file in the license emu folder... If there is, delete app.config file in the emulator folder....

- Under Windows 8.1 if you do not want to see errors when you quit from emulator, you have to run it with administrator rights (if you want it runs automatically flag the following box in the shortcut of the file: right click, properties, compatibility, run this program as admin)