(REQ) John.maddog.doe Help unlock New Version WITH Elefante Strategy

Guest gavetso

I tried a few historical strategy runs (A and B strategies) against 6A, 6E, and CL in 1m, 5m, 30m, 60m timeframes, and could not get this profitable; the higher the timeframe, the less $$$ it lost, but beyond that, none of about 10+ combinations came close to being profitable for me. Doesn't help I don't speak Spanish to adjust parameters. I've looked at the indicators this fellow sells too - they are all quite plain vanilla trend following, and various band/range area drawing, with example charts that are extremely cherry picked. I'll leave it running on a 5m against 6E and CL, and report back if anything extraordinary occurs.

I tried a few historical strategy runs (A and B strategies) against 6A, 6E, and CL in 1m, 5m, 30m, 60m timeframes, and could not get this profitable; the higher the timeframe, the less $$$ it lost, but beyond that, none of about 10+ combinations came close to being profitable for me. Doesn't help I don't speak Spanish to adjust parameters. I've looked at the indicators this fellow sells too - they are all quite plain vanilla trend following, and various band/range area drawing, with example charts that are extremely cherry picked. I'll leave it running on a 5m against 6E and CL, and report back if anything extraordinary occurs.

from research and backtesting all the trend strategies have to have at least 2 filters to be successful:

1. time of day filter - (CL, ES...etc will trade well just 3-5 hrs 6:30 to 11:30 EST

2. directional filter - can use EMA (or SMA) 50 or 89 or 100 or Supertrend and take trades only in the direction of it's slope

U have to do a manual backtesting and see if the filters and parameters chosen will have positive expectancy.

Also important is to have at least 2 targets. First target fixed at 3, 5...etc ticks followed by the ATR trailing stop target (or a StepMA can work well as well, or 1 tick bellow last swing high/low).

Important: all this parameters and filters have to be tested for 2 reasons:

-to prove that the system has a positive expectancy (as stated before)

-to make yourself to believe in the system, after you see that it has loosing trades in a raw but the winning ones will overcome the issue, but it is important to take every signal and not cherry pick them.

Hope this helps! Happy Trading in 2013!